BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
that's just not realistic.

find me a comparable 09 coupe with those options and mileage selling for 40k.

that's not where the market is right now unfortunately
you're talking about dealer asking price....read that used car pricing thread, you'll see I have extensive advisory history, knowledge, method, and experience on used car pricing. Used car values are very opaque. Dealers make higher margins per car than new cars b/c of the lower liquidity and comparables.

So unless you're in the business of buying and selling cars yourself, with all due respect, do some homework. But then again, people value the balance of negoiatation and price for cars differently.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
you're talking about dealer asking price....read that used car pricing thread, you'll see I have extensive advisory history, knowledge, method, and experience on used car pricing. Used car values are very opaque. Dealers make higher margins per car than new cars b/c of the lower liquidity and comparables.

So unless you're in the business of buying and selling cars yourself, with all due respect, do some homework. But then again, people value the balance of negoiatation and price for cars differently.
that's great.

all I was asking for is some examples of cars that are spec'd similarly and sold for 40k
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #25
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
that's great.

all I was asking for is some examples of cars that are spec'd similarly and sold for 40k
cash or finance? trade or no trade? CPO or no CPO? BMW dealer or indy? CA or outside of CA? sold in 2012 or 2013?

there's a boatload of factors that go into pricing a car on the asking side and on the bidding side. You need to understand used car profitability model on the selling side various quite a bit than new cars.

and btw, read that thread...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #26
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I just did. I found one over the last 5 pages that sold for 40k. and it had 10k more miles than the one in this thread, was from an individual, and was modified (negative IMO)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1320

All of that info is fine, but what is REAL unbiased data is what cars actually sold for and are selling for. And unless you are getting 5-7k discounts from dealers, based on what they are selling for right now, 40k is extremely unlikely.

I know because I just went through this exercise and we just picked up an e92. it had 37k miles, one owner, super clean, DCT and no tech but everything else for 41.5k in the color we wanted. this was the best deal we could find in 4 weeks of looking.
Appreciate 0