BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #23
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer86 View Post
I heard "Direct" is the company doing them.... Then you would have to use something like clifford for the remote device due to the fact you are using it on a manual. YOu just have to make sure you keep it in neutral or else bye bye...
That would be Directed and they are aftermarket. Their alarm solution is still too much of a hack for me. Like Mantis mentioned, I'll wait for something from EAS before I use a Directed product.
      09-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #24
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Why would you want a remote start anyways? To get the heater running? Nope... that is taken care of by the timer function. As you see above, you warm your engine by driving. So... the verdict? Remote start is useless... comfort access is great... why bother?

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #25
gadget
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
I think the manual recommends that the best thing for the engine is to get in the car and drive right away. I think i read that having the car warm on idle is bad for the car. I always thought that the opposite was the case. Can someone please and confirm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne View Post
Regardless if it blazing hot or a blizzard. According to BMW recommendation under starting the engine...

Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #26
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
the start button is enough for me i think remote start is ricey.
how is remote start ricey????????

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #27
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JZB 6MT

Quote:
I think the manual recommends that the best thing for the engine is to get in the car and drive right away. I think i read that having the car warm on idle is bad for the car. I always thought that the opposite was the case. Can someone please and confirm
I had the same thought as you until I read it on the manual.

Quote:
Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere.
Welcome

_
      09-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #28
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by White08M3 View Post
how is remote start ricey????????
because most of the time people get a remote start just so they can be "cool" and attract attention. no one ever NEEDS a remote start...people WANT remote start. now i know there is a lot of stuff we buy that we want, but IMHO (yes, its an opinion) remote start is nothing but for show. its pretty simple, if its hot, you crack the windows. if its cold, you drive for 5 minutes and its warm. when op says:
Quote:
I just feel that it would be awesome to walk up to it and hear that beastly exhaust as you flip it on by a switch
its nothing but show. if you really want to hear the exhaust, turn the car on and sit behind your car in a lawn chair. it just seems to me that superseding the stock comfort access, keyless entry, remote window roll up/down, etc. is and does more harm than its worth...not to mention that the manual suggests not leaving the car idling for long periods of time.

look, to each his own, but when i say ricey i mean this is something that is just one of those "look at me" things...no thanks for this guy. my suggestion is to keep it stock, bmw does a fine job with the entry system without the need for another geewiz gizmo. but like i said, to each his own!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #29
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
because most of the time people get a remote start just so they can be "cool" and attract attention. no one ever NEEDS a remote start...people WANT remote start. now i know there is a lot of stuff we buy that we want, but IMHO (yes, its an opinion) remote start is nothing but for show. its pretty simple, if its hot, you crack the windows. if its cold, you drive for 5 minutes and its warm. when op says:
its nothing but show. if you really want to hear the exhaust, turn the car on and sit behind your car in a lawn chair. it just seems to me that superseding the stock comfort access, keyless entry, remote window roll up/down, etc. is and does more harm than its worth...not to mention that the manual suggests not leaving the car idling for long periods of time.

look, to each his own, but when i say ricey i mean this is something that is just one of those "look at me" things...no thanks for this guy. my suggestion is to keep it stock, bmw does a fine job with the entry system without the need for another geewiz gizmo. but like i said, to each his own!

i feel you, but living in NY...when its cold...ITS COLLLLDDD, so its nice to be getting ready for work in the AM and just start your car...heat on, so u can just jump in and be warm instead of driving in a freezing car so early...

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #30
1ne
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3 JZB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by White08M3 View Post
i feel you, but living in NY...when its cold...ITS COLLLLDDD, so its nice to be getting ready for work in the AM and just start your car...heat on, so u can just jump in and be warm instead of driving in a freezing car so early...
C'mon, Cold in NY? Try where I am. In the extreme winter, temperature can reached around -30 Celsius or -22 Fahrenheit and worst yet, it could be colder.

And nooooooooo, I don't have a husky-drawn sleigh that I drive to work.

_