BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

I'm so not surprised that the video was shot in Poland.
I think your idea of reckless would be very different if you went for a typical drive over there.

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #24
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
you guys calling them "squids" obviously dont know what it takes to do them tricks, if you did you would know it takes all the skill that it would take on a track, including rear brake control, throttle control and balance, i have raced motocross, used to track my gsxr-750, and the hardest thing i have ever done was stunt my gsxr, you guys preach about safety but are the same guys doing 140 + in your bmw's on the streets or on your bikes, but because its not what YOU do its not cool or ok.
I think you don't understand what the terms squid means. I personally dont drag knee or speed at a ludicrous amount, so just like saying stunters are squids is a generalization, so is saying that everyone speeds. I've said this before and I'll say it again, It takes alot of skill to stunt. Just that doing it on the street is irresponsible and so is speeding on your motorcycle/car.

Stunting = fine on closed roads/not on public roads

Speeding = fast on the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
"how it should be ridden"?? Who's to say how it should be ridden? U cause ur the leather police? To me, a motorcycle should be ridden on 1 wheel. Don't knock something cause u can't do it. Just because you've been riding for 30 years or whatever doesn't mean u can pick up and start doing a wheelie/stoppie tomorrow. So who's the ignorant one here? You for thinking the right way to ride a sportbike is only ur way.

EXACTLY!!! 140+ draggin a knee on the highway is ok, but a 15-20MPH controlled wheelie isn't... people need to grow up and realize their way isn't always the right way just cause they can't do something.
i apolagize if I came off that way, that was my mistake and I did not mean to imply that there is a certain way a motorcycle should be ridden.

I still have yet to see any stunter say that stunting on the street is wrong. I for one feel it's wrong and so is speeding/using the road as a track. This has nothing to do with whether I can stunt or not.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #25
malujerry
Rep
Drives: ISF

can't we just agree stunting is wrong on public roads and lots, regardless of how good you are?

and that you should be in full gear at all times, regardless of how good you are?

just because we all know the next driver is probably not that good... god, i've even had a grandma block me into a parking spot one time - EPIC FAIL!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #26
Burtonium
Rep
Drives: Former B7 driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
I'm so not surprised that the video was shot in Poland.
I think your idea of reckless would be very different if you went for a typical drive over there.

-scheherazade

Yeah, no joke! I've been there, driving on the roads scared the shit out of me, and I was a passenger
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #27
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 range rover vogue SE

this is what gives bikers a bad name
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #28
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 range rover vogue SE

great use of camera work i admire that, but when it comes to actually rideing the bike fast and not just in a straight line, i doubt any of them can, even just looking at the guy in the suits general seat and foot position suggests he too cant ride
Appreciate 0