BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Dash Cluster Display problem

So I took my car into the dealer to get my driver side mirror looked at (the top airgap on the mirror bracket does not match right anymore) .. well they didn't have the part and I went back to pick my car up because they had to order it. Well when I was driving away from dealer my custer display (the display between the Speedo and RPM gauge) was completely off. I couldn't see what gear I was in (DCT) and it wouldn't show a mileage, etc.. it was completly off.. The rest of the instrument cluster worked fine... I turned the car off and back on and it was still off.. then I drove back to the dealer and showed them and they also turned the car off and back on and it came back and worked fine.. We couldn't reproduce the problem. They told me to bring it back in if it happens again...

Just wondering if this happened to anyone else?

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

that pretty much sums up 99% of dealer experiences LOL. Intermittent problems/issues suck hard.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

Whenever you have a problem then go to the dealer the problems seems to be fixed, the you leave and it happens again.
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0