BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Green Companies-Project-BMW CleanEnergy Strategy [real LONG READ]

Hey guys,
I'm doing a project for my Business Ethics class [here] at Hopkins, and my topic is 'Green Companies.' It's a two-hour presentation (with 5 members in a group) and, personally, I am going to discuss BMW's innovation regarding Hydrogen-Fuel research, as well as their [relatively] new CleanEnergy Strategy.

I complied a comprehensive outline regarding what I'm going to discuss. It is a good read (many excerpts from BMW Magazine) if you're interested in learning about what BMW is doing, its view towards hydrogen (its current progress with NASA), and its current 'green' position.

Now, for those who know a bit about BMW's green approach, I need your help! Please let me know if I missed anything in the outline and/or if I can further elaborate on a topic. Furthermore, please let me know if you know of any other companies that are [or have been] taking a green approach. Thanks for your help!

Since the outline is 8 pages, I will just post the outline-introduction in this post. If you want to learn something new about BMW's CleanEnergy Strategy, you can open the attachment.

BMW Group

Introduction

Message from BMW of North America, LLC
—Tom Purves, Chairman, BMW (US) Holding Group
• It’s been three decades since BMW first looked to the future of mobility and saw the need to move away from our dependence on fossil fuels. Why?
o The supply is finite and rapidly becoming depleted
o Burning fossil fuels pollutes the environment and creates greenhouse gases
o Our dependence on fossil fuels leaves us vulnerable to the demands of oil-producing countries.
• New Approach: In the long run, the never-ending source of fuel could be provided not by petroleum, but by the world’s most plentiful element – hydrogen
• BMW has been working in this hydrogen-powered area since 1979, and has the most experience with this technology of any carmaker.

Formulation of the BMW CleanEnergy strategy
• Addresses our impact on the environment throughout the entire life cycle of BMW vehicles
o Where and how they are manufactured
o The type and amount of the fuels they use
o The impact of their emissions
o How they are disposed of at the end of their useful lives
• Result: BMW is an award-winning industry leader in environment-friendly practices
o BMW hydrogen-powered racecar has set numerous world speed records
o BMW Hydrogen 7 is the first luxury/performance production sedan that can run on either hydrogen or gasoline.
o At the forefront in helping to make hydrogen fuel widely available to all!
o Still, the need to continue the momentum remains as strong as ever.
o Dr. Michael Ganal, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, addressed BMW’s ongoing commitment to clean energy.
• “The BMW Hydrogen 7 perfectly captures the essence of the BMW CleanEnergy strategy…The complete change from a fossil fuel infrastructure to a hydrogen economy will require decades, and I am proud that BMW is paving the way.”

Note: The Introduction-Outline is very broad/basic. Please read through the attached PDF if you want to contribute -i.e. to avoid repetition.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Business Ethics – Green Companies.pdf (194.4 KB, 683 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92

poland spring
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
poland spring
Feel free to elaborate on that. What are they doing that others are not? etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
Feel free to elaborate on that. What are they doing that others are not? etc.
new bottle
Appreciate 0