BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

07-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #23
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Decided to go with the AA Will post pics when installed. Thanks to everyone that helped me make the decision.

I am confident you will be pleased.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

The Gintani is very good but I dont think anyone beats the Akra for power and performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Gintani FTW, its more performance oriented. Better numbers, lighter system and the sound is the ISHHH! Check the poll started from Nawaaz. Obviously AA gets more love cause they been out longer but as soon as people see how serious Gintani is about power, things are gonna change. When they have their BBQ/dyno/install day people will see all their sick project cars that no one knows about Either way good luck and im sure u wont be disappointed with either choice.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
The Gintani is very good but I dont think anyone beats the Akra for power and performance.
I dont know what ur talking about...the Akra is the best in quality as its titanium but u dnt get as big of gains as u do with the Gintani full system. This has been proven. Check out the dyno charts. Highest hp cars have had Gintani exhaust.
      07-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #26
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

How much weight does the Gintani system shed?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #27
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

how about encore? i like my system, and it only weighs 18lbs....the sound is somewhere between AA and gintani
      07-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #28
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space/Fox

Gintani is a deep, deep growl, AA has a more high pitch, F1 style exotic sound. In fact those were the 2 systems I was stuck between at the end.

Both are quality systems. I went with the Gintani at first just to be unique, and also because I can get it blacked out directly from them. End result is that I love it.

Let us know how you like the AA when you get it put on!
08 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red Gintani Race (sold), RG63
02 E46 M3 Cab Imola, E36 Z3 Atlanta Blue/Tan
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #29
rav7ks
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Garage List
08 M3  [0.00]
I just installed my AA exhaust.
Loud at startup and while cruising at low speeds-enough to turn heads. At higher speeds it's not overwhelming where you can hear and enjoy the tone but at the same time you can listen to your radio and talk on the phone without having to turn the volume up. My other car has a stromung exhaust which has a nice rumble but it is still loud at highway speeds which can become tiresome and the wife does not approve of it. She didn't even notice the AA exhaust and even allowed 3 month old to ride in it knowing he won't go deaf. This is how the car should have come in stock form.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #30
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
I dont know what ur talking about...the Akra is the best in quality as its titanium but u dnt get as big of gains as u do with the Gintani full system. This has been proven. Check out the dyno charts. Highest hp cars have had Gintani exhaust.
+1 Gintani for loud and best gains.

Akra for highest quality and not so loud but decent gains (good enough to be OEM on the M3 GT4).

anything else meh...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #31
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Any pics and sound clips???

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #32
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

How Can RPI's Axle Back Not Be Considered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini330zhp View Post
Any pics and sound clips???
Ummm.....NO!

I'll put my RPI Axle Back System up against any other Axle Back System on this board. Anywhere anytime and let you guys be the judge.

No way my exhaust doesn't sound better than any of the others mentioned in this thread. I've seen and heard all of them. ALL OF EM!

Gintani is louder and sounds good. But if you want exotic-F1 and you are in So Cal, you should give RPI a call!

And guys, I love AA and Omar. I have their ECU-Pulley and SSK. But I have a convertible and can't have a Catless Setup due to the fumes.

The Axle Back from AA doesn't even compare to RPI's from a Sound Perspective. Build quality is very similar if not equal IMO.

The rasp issue with RPI is only with the Full Catless System.

The Axle Back product is RIDICULOUS! Feel free to PM me if you are in So Cal and want to hear it.

Happy Modding!
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #33
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Stop bragging, Jay .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM3Mang View Post
Ummm.....NO!

I'll put my RPI Axle Back System up against any other Axle Back System on this board. Anywhere anytime and let you guys be the judge.

No way my exhaust doesn't sound better than any of the others mentioned in this thread. I've seen and heard all of them. ALL OF EM!

Gintani is louder and sounds good. But if you want exotic-F1 and you are in So Cal, you should give RPI a call!

And guys, I love AA and Omar. I have their ECU-Pulley and SSK. But I have a convertible and can't have a Catless Setup due to the fumes.

The Axle Back from AA doesn't even compare to RPI's from a Sound Perspective. Build quality is very similar if not equal IMO.

The rasp issue with RPI is only with the Full Catless System.

The Axle Back product is RIDICULOUS! Feel free to PM me if you are in So Cal and want to hear it.

Happy Modding!

Last edited by powertrip; 07-23-2009 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 0