BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #67
YUN
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

RS5 looks amazing compare to outdated M and C, I wouldn't mind owning that car if it's available here in US.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #68
shamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3, 2017 X5M

I'm probably one of the few, but I would probably pick the C63 over the M3 now. Unless the new M3 is significantly more powerful. Sure, the M is better on thet track, but in a day to day basis, the power and torque of the C63 will be much more usable in my opinion. In the first generation C63s, they looked too similar to a regular C-class, which I was not fond of. In fact, even the M looks a little too close to the regular 3-series. The newer C63s look a lot more aggressive and the M is getting a bit dated.

Although I love my car, I need an upgrade soon. Bigger engine, more power. I'm one of the minority I guess. In all honesty, I'll probably head over to the Porsche world pretty soon. Smaller engine, probably less power, but it's faster on both the road and the track. Plus I love the way it looks.
      06-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #69
Genericuser1
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

The RS5 is a good looking car. If I could only have one out of the three it would have to be the Audi for the all-weather driveability. The c63 is too much of a blunt object for me, the M3 is more precise even if it's bit slower.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #70
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post

Although I love my car, I need an upgrade soon. Bigger engine, more power. I'm one of the minority I guess. In all honesty, I'll probably head over to the Porsche world pretty soon. Smaller engine, probably less power, but it's faster on both the road and the track. Plus I love the way it looks.
Whatever you do, dont buy a Cayman. Enjoy your Porsche (GT3 FTW )

We all need to move on, for me, I'd go with an M5 as my step up. I was gonna get a CPO'd M5 next month, but I feel happier in an E90 M3 (or I dont feel ready for it), so im choosing not to upgrade, but merely to get another E90 M3. 2 M's cant hurt
      06-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #71
luckistryke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Very very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster117 View Post
Can't wait to see M5 vs. E63 ! BMW vs. Lexus .... Oops sorry Chrysler.... my bad, I meant Mercedes !
No no, u mean Chrysler vs. Mini and Mini vs. Toyota
      06-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #72
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Here is Autoblog's review if anyone hasn't seen it yet. They managed to get a Matte Black one, looks pretty awesome to me. That color won't be available in the US though.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/06/2...-drive-review/
      06-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #73
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

E-class looks like a Hyundai to me. And the F10 tails remind me of a G35. Why do they copy inferior brands?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #74
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep

IDK they look similar to me. I like the wagon and coupe more though
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #75
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

Id take the m3 anyday of the week but now that Im moving to the states Im seriously considering the new c7 vette plus an old e46 M3. that way Id get the killer looks and performance of the new vette plus the killer looks, performance and CLASS of the beautiful e46. seriously, those german cars in this thread arent that cool and I cant help but see em as mass produced vehicles without a soul,I dont like the way bmw is heading (new 1,5gt,x1 and even the x3 which now looks too audish without mentioning those complex names). I admit the e92 is a beautiful machine with superb performance but it doesnt really rock my world as the e46 did right at the moment I first saw HIM. or maybe im getting old, who knows
      06-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #76
Pauldramos
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
Here is Autoblog's review if anyone hasn't seen it yet. They managed to get a Matte Black one, looks pretty awesome to me. That color won't be available in the US though.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/06/2...-drive-review/
Thanks for posting the link. Im not an mbz fan at all. Never liked them. No doubt that they are great machines but no thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #77
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Screwed once again for being in Canada...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #78
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
The RS5 is a good looking car. If I could only have one out of the three it would have to be the Audi for the all-weather driveability. The c63 is too much of a blunt object for me, the M3 is more precise even if it's bit slower.
I'm skeptical that the RS5 drives worth a damn in snow with the tires that come on it.
      06-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #79
MikeyBMWM
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: Insane

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #80
Capt Slow
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 530i Sport Individual

Mercedes new cars are looking more Japanese than European. It is far uglier than the M3 and RS5, only thing that saves the Merc for me is the RWD chassis and that monster engine.
      06-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #81
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTRS View Post

+1

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #82
J50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
M is getting a bit dated
Why? Because it doesn't have an LED strip in the bumper or headlights?

To me, still a fresh looking design (talking exterior), considering its going on 4 years old. Going by the attention it gets, I would say others agree.

You think that C63 coupe is going to look so great 4 years from now?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #83
Tattedtwice
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 doors, 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
And the F10 tails remind me of a G35. Why do they copy inferior brands?
SUCH a dumb statement, although I do agree the nissan brand is inferior.
Still, BMW had the Lshaped taillights for how many years and how many models before the nissan came along? If anything it could be said nissan copied them.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #84
Tattedtwice
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 doors, 4 wheels

The rs5 needs to go back for a ground-up redesign; its an overpriced posuer that is not only ugly but more a cruiser than sports coupe.

The c63, like all other chrysler-lookalikes from m-b, does nothing for me; ugly inside and out, unexciting, flatulent exhaust is laughable, and the whole swollen engine in a small car thing is so very american. If I wanted a swollen v8, Id take a mustang gt or camaro ss over this c63 thing.

Theyre doing their best to catchup to the M3 but its still my favorite; a joy to drive and feels like a REAL sports car, rather than an overengineered sedan with two doors trying to play sports car like the other two.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #85
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedtwice View Post
The rs5 needs to go back for a ground-up redesign; its an overpriced posuer that is not only ugly but more a cruiser than sports coupe.
This seems to be a common thing with Audi. They always seem to come in with a fancy looking car that just never quite lives up to the competition in terms of performance. This is especially the case when you factor in that the Audi is usually the more expensive option.
      06-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #86
Capt Slow
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 530i Sport Individual

By far the most successful car Audi makes, performance wise, is the R8.
It features every typical Audi trait, bar one, the very front-engined layout.

If Audi fixed the front heavy characteristic of their cars, ie; the understeer, for better balance, who knows how good they could be. But instead, they make an RS3 with wider front wheels than the rear.

I'm no engineer, and I don't think they should omit the terrific Quattro system, but instead try to re-emulate the R8 driving characteristics with their other cars.

Just imagine if the RS5, RS3, TTRS etc could all drift/handle like the R8. Then M division would have something to really worry about.
      06-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #87
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep

Quote:
SUCH a dumb statement, although I do agree the nissan brand is inferior.
Still, BMW had the Lshaped taillights for how many years and how many models before the nissan came along? If anything it could be said nissan copied them.
The new 6-series style 356 wheels are just like the Maxima's

Last edited by CAPSGOD; 06-08-2011 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #88
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
This seems pretty harsh, and perhaps ignorant as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I haven't seen an RS5 in person yet, but if it hasn't lost anything, stylewise, to the S5, then it's pretty damned handsome.

As to performance, perhaps you haven't seen the videos presented in this very forum showing the M3 struggling a bit against the RS5 in the twisties. In both videos, the RS5 was just slightly quicker than the M3, although closer together than half past six.

Quote:
The c63, like all other chrysler-lookalikes from m-b, does nothing for me; ugly inside and out, unexciting, flatulent exhaust is laughable, and the whole swollen engine in a small car thing is so very american. If I wanted a swollen v8, Id take a mustang gt or camaro ss over this c63 thing.
Again, a bit harsh, and perhaps ignorant. The C63 is an adept overall performer. Quicker than the M3 in a straight line, and slower in the twisties. Around town in everyday driving, it's flat better, with torque everywhere, steering that is more meaty, and an exhaust note that, for most, is to die for.

Quote:
Theyre doing their best to catchup to the M3 but its still my favorite; a joy to drive and feels like a REAL sports car, rather than an overengineered sedan with two doors trying to play sports car like the other two.
It's fine with me that it's your favorite (and frankly, it deserves high praise), but back off on the "REAL sports car" nonsense. It feels vey good in the twisties, but it's WAY too big and fat to be a real sports car.

Based on current results (and more to come as soon as the RS5 gets to the States), the RS5 rules the twisties by a narrow margin, the C63 owns the straights, and the M3 is the best all-arounder.

Fair?

Or maybe it's the CTS-V that's the best all-arounder.

Whatever. From my perspective, there's not a loser in the bunch. They're ALL terrific. Just in slightly differing ways.

You don't need to diss the other guys to prove that your car is a good one.
Appreciate 0