BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

09-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #23
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

i have never owned a BMW (M2 may be the first), but have owned an Audi and a Merc in the past and I def felt these knds of reactions/attitudes you guys describe for Bimmers, when I drove the merc but none of it with the audi and I would consider all 3 on par with one another. Guess the audi flew under the radar in comparison.

Last edited by Dabozo; 09-29-2015 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 01:47 AM   #24
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
get used to it man. it's crazy. even when I had my 2008 335i ($34k used, new accord territory) and my 2002 m3 ($25k used, used accord money) it was always "he is a bimmer driver, damn doctors" etc. laughable. but then I know a kid who owns like 4 BMWs, total worth around $12k, who acts like he's a millionaire .. example he gave at a local BMW meet: "I was on the new BMW showroom and kept opening and closing the door to the 7 series on display to marvel at the self-closing mechanism.. the receptionist asked me stop and I told her I could keep doing it because I have three BMWs"
.. he's like in his early 20s ... it's hilarious. this is the attitude he has with his peers who drive other makes which is really irritating. not helping the negative press.

don't forget BMW owners are the most likely to NOT yield to pedestrians at crosswalks (source: internet). I make it a point to be overly courteous on the road and in parking lots because of that ha!
HA! I try not to let what car I have get to me too... The only significant thing I do different from any other car is open it up when the streets are open, but not weave traffic or "forget" my turn signal (but then again our non-detent-based signals are kind of a paint to stay lit, right?). But then again I'm barely recovering from that rough patch I mentioned and can't afford to deal with tickets .
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 06:47 AM   #25
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krockit1 View Post
Yep, same with MX-5 forums. Some flak but most are cool, especially when I mention I am searching info on modding out a 2016 model and making it into a beast. At first they thought I was nuts for trading off to the MX-5, but I'm just adding it- never going to part with the M! Funny part is, the (extensive) parts list for the modded Mazda is less than 7g's... And it will be bad ass!!

There will always be haters. They come with the car the minute you start your drive home.
hehe when I was on the Nissan forum (when the 4th gen was only in its 4th year of production), we all aspired to BMWs. There was this one old guy (haha I'm probably older than he was then) who every chance he got said why the **** don't you just get a BMW already?

Why? Because I was not in a position to spend $40k+ at the time.

When I got the car in 12/06 most folks there were congratulatory. I never heard from him again, the a**phat even IM'd me get a f'in BMW why don't you....

Well I still have that 4th gen Nissan, still the DD!
Appreciate 0