BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

11-16-2022, 06:15 PM   #23
berisiw
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hello all. Do soaps and other chemicals from automatic car wash strip off sealant and waxes that were applied by hand?

I am planning to detail my daily with one coat of Klasse sealant and one coat of Collinite 845. I was wondering whether I should even bother to detail my daily if I'm going to put it through a car wash through winter
auto detailing alexandria va(maybe 10+ automatic car washes until March).

If sealant and wax can somehow survive these chemicals, I might as well go ahead and detail my daily driver. I detailed my weekend car today, and while waiting for sealant and wax to cure my weekend car, I decontaminated and "somewhat" clayed the daily driver. All I have to do is to apply the sealant and wax during the next wash.

Last edited by berisiw; 11-20-2022 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 11:21 AM   #24
OzCoE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3

Touchless washes are alright, but they do use harsh chemicals that strip sealants. Skip the Collinite 845, use Jescar Power Lock+ instead. While Collinite is good, Jescar is much easier to work with and remove, plus it's slicker than Collinite.
Appreciate 0