BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #595
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Hey everyone - our reply on this thread is long overdue and will be posting as soon as we clear up pending jobs.

FYI - The tune is very conservative and has been tested in 40C+ environments and lap after lap on extremely challenging tracks. There is definitely more power that can be had, but until the higher power level software undergoes a multitude of tests to ensure it's safety on a long term level, we prefer to err on the side of safety and longevity.

Using another tune is strongly ill advised and against the warranty policy on the kit.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6725.50
      12-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #596
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
what are you guys using for gauges? My two measurement priorities are AFR and boost.

I know the common route is Awron but I don't want to spend that much. There seems to be an ACM version of the P3 gauges but ACM's site is down.

Does the Harrop manifold have a pre-drilled line or hole in the manifold to tap into? Or do I need to get creative?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #597
liquidsmoke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 2009

Hi,
If I buy a kit direct from harrop (I’m in the uk, and the uk dealer doesn’t reply to me at all), will my kit have the bpm tune included or is the tune I get from harrop different? We have 99ron fuel here in the uk. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #598
FiveOhFour
Rep
Drives: Harrop S/C stroked V8 Sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Post View Post
Yes it does. There is port on the back left corner of the manifold plenum.
Hey has there been a development, has the long discussed Stage 2 Harrop Kit come out or what? Glad to see there’s activity here still, stage 2 or no I feel this kit & the effort put into it are under appreciated by many commenters here. It’s an odd thing to me, the thought of someone who appreciates the e92 M3 but is also somehow laser focused on only the bigger peak HP/Torque numbers.

Idk I guess to me not only it a proper supercharger like this far more suited for the e92’s power delivery, but...the difference in the amount of work they had to put into R&D & just getting the design & packaging right & as OEM as possible is no minor detail, so acting like these off the shelf Vortec based Centrigual Superchargers/“Belt driven turbos” that are practically a slap it on affair design wise are the default answer just because they have a bigger #’s & HP per $ is just a strange view to see from so many people who claim they love the e92 M3 Engine. If so, why not get the FI kit that retains the stock power curve and just gives you more of it everywhere instead of the turbo with the identity crisis :P
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6725.50
      12-10-2018, 12:28 AM   #599
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Harrop has been running Stage II with an aftermarket standalone for awhile - the goal here is obviously to get it calibrated perfectly with the stock DME.

I apologize for the delay with Stage II - it's definitely going to happen at some point.. Resources have to be allocated appropriately - with the F and G series OBD flashing release, it didn't make sense to prioritize Stage II as the market is only a fraction in size in comparison.

That said, the larger Stage II injectors have been installed in our car for quite some time, and one E85 system has been tested, with another one set to be tested next. The MAP pressure sensor was also changed and is being tested as well.

There is no question that the Harrop kit's torque delivery is quite substantial in comparison to other similarly rated centri kits. The Harrop kit will shift the torque curve upward, while the non positive displacement kits will have a progressive rise in comparison to the stock curve. That is the beauty of this kit - the torque you want is there in much more of the RPM spectrum.

Our Harrop M3 was shot by a photographer the other day - will have to post some more photos up in the media section next week. New PS4S were fitted as the PSS just would not stick. It was impossible to log the lower gears with the previous tires as the RPM's would shoot to redline in a blink from the wheelspin. Here are a few shots for now:
Attached Images

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 3
      12-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #600
DukeofAlexandria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
Harrop has been running Stage II with an aftermarket standalone for awhile - the goal here is obviously to get it calibrated perfectly with the stock DME.

I apologize for the delay with Stage II - it's definitely going to happen at some point.. Resources have to be allocated appropriately - with the F and G series OBD flashing release, it didn't make sense to prioritize Stage II as the market is only a fraction in size in comparison.

That said, the larger Stage II injectors have been installed in our car for quite some time, and one E85 system has been tested, with another one set to be tested next. The MAP pressure sensor was also changed and is being tested as well.

There is no question that the Harrop kit's torque delivery is quite substantial in comparison to other similarly rated centri kits. The Harrop kit will shift the torque curve upward, while the non positive displacement kits will have a progressive rise in comparison to the stock curve. That is the beauty of this kit - the torque you want is there in much more of the RPM spectrum.

Our Harrop M3 was shot by a photographer the other day - will have to post some more photos up in the media section next week. New PS4S were fitted as the PSS just would not stick. It was impossible to log the lower gears with the previous tires as the RPM's would shoot to redline in a blink from the wheelspin. Here are a few shots for now:
Everything I've read about BMP (and Harrop) tells me that they really do care about reliability, drive-ability, and getting things engineered correctly the first time, so this doesn't surprise me that it's taking a good amount of time. Maybe a bit too much in some peoples opinion, but engineering for a small company takes a lot of effort, especially if it's such a niche market like it is right now.

Thanks for the update BPM, appreciate the hard work and like I've discussed in the past (along with others), there is a very strong following of wanting to see a Stage II come through.

Good luck and hope to hear soon!
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6725.50
BPMSport3386.50
      12-11-2018, 02:28 PM   #601
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:

Why not just get some r888 for that thing stop messing around with the boo boo tires lol...
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2018, 04:56 PM   #602
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Any timeframe on when we may be expecting a stage II kit?
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #603
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofAlexandria View Post
Everything I've read about BPM(fixed) (and Harrop) tells me that they really do care about reliability, drive-ability, and getting things engineered correctly the first time, so this doesn't surprise me that it's taking a good amount of time. Maybe a bit too much in some peoples opinion, but engineering for a small company takes a lot of effort, especially if it's such a niche market like it is right now.

Thanks for the update BPM, appreciate the hard work and like I've discussed in the past (along with others), there is a very strong following of wanting to see a Stage II come through.

Good luck and hope to hear soon!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post

Why not just get some r888 for that thing stop messing around with the boo boo tires lol...
Not interested in having to warm the tires as the car is daily driven on occasion. We have a couple customers with F10 M5 and R888 and the tires are pretty noisy as well, another turn off. This was a happy medium between traction and not having these other trade offs. Traction is pretty good now once the tires are warm and if the road conditions and temperature are ideal. I'm sure once we finish with E85 and at higher boost this will go out the window, but it was an educated decision to stick with these tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soden82 View Post
Any timeframe on when we may be expecting a stage II kit?
Time frame is open ended. Don't end to make promises that can't be adhered to due to unforeseen circumstances, events, current load, other developments etc..

We did have some time today to play with an E10 Mix at 11.8 AFR and found that we are at 65-68% of injector capacity with Stage II injectors. The next step will be determining the limits of the fuel pump and ascertaining the proper ratio with Stage I and max E85 fuel mixture, and then Stage II with a reduced E85 percentage capability. We want to retain the stock pump whether it be on Stage I or II. There is certainly plenty of injector left to move forward.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6725.50
      12-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #604
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Thank you!

Not interested in having to warm the tires as the car is daily driven on occasion. We have a couple customers with F10 M5 and R888 and the tires are pretty noisy as well, another turn off. This was a happy medium between traction and not having these other trade offs. Traction is pretty good now once the tires are warm and if the road conditions and temperature are ideal. I'm sure once we finish with E85 and at higher boost this will go out the window, but it was an educated decision to stick with these tires.

Time frame is open ended. Don't end to make promises that can't be adhered to due to unforeseen circumstances, events, current load, other developments etc..

We did have some time today to play with an E10 Mix at 11.8 AFR and found that we are at 65-68% of injector capacity with Stage II injectors. The next step will be determining the limits of the fuel pump and ascertaining the proper ratio with Stage I and max E85 fuel mixture, and then Stage II with a reduced E85 percentage capability. We want to retain the stock pump whether it be on Stage I or II. There is certainly plenty of injector left to move forward.

Don’t think I’ve ever warmed up my r888rs before getting on them 30 psi 5mins in to drive seems to be enough. Normally have to wait longer for the car to warm up then anything. Hated the ps tires. No traction from a 50mph pull in 2nd. And doing a 30 in 1st gear was out of the question. Don’t think I can hear my tires over the exhaust to be honest lol.

Have you looked in to the ID 1050cc for the m3 plenty of injector and believe in e85 fuel pump would keep up until you were in the 650 range with e85 burning in a leaner area of the afr compared to pump 93.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 10:54 PM   #605
jamba
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Jetblack

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
look what arrived in the mail today
Attached Images

12-12-2018, 12:45 AM   #606
DukeofAlexandria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamba View Post
look what arrived in the mail today
Appreciate 4
WickedE93224.00
dozaiya236.00
jamba162.00
      12-18-2018, 06:41 AM   #607
Pro-AM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Post View Post
Pro-AM3 what's the better real world E90/92 M3 SC performance characteristics (set up) for a Road Racing Circuit?
an air-air based rotrex kit. the back-back hot lapping performance has shown this time and time again yet this forum loves to scream ess or harrop for some reason
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #608
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Here are some awesome videos of a BPM Harrop Charged M3 a customer sent us from a time trial racing event in Colombia, enjoy

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6725.50
      12-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #609
FiveOhFour
Rep

Quote:

I’ve got a few posts/comments to reply to but for now am wondering if you have a build page for that car?

Also to the thread in general, I recently won a ebay auction for a M3, the second time it was listed, and the guy refused to sell it, he said his wife would kill him, he was in denial about the fact his car had a history report that showed it had been sold with frame damage at auction at one point, and he was sure that if he listed it again and was upfront about this detail he had no idea about before, that he would get more than the $20k the auction brought the first time around. Of course it didn’t,my bid won and was lower than the first one.

This guy was also a bmw master mechanic, possibly the saddest part of this all. What would you do? Drop it? Raise hell?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #610
FiveOhFour
Rep

Quote:
Here are some awesome videos of a BPM Harrop Charged M3 a customer sent us from a time trial racing event in Colombia, enjoy

Epic, my dream for forced induction is that I could turn it on or off completely. I’d love to be able to have a NA E92 when I want that and “activate” the boost when I want that
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 05:22 AM   #611
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOhFour View Post
Quote:

Epic, my dream for forced induction is that I could turn it on or off completely. I'd love to be able to have a NA E92 when I want that and "activate" the boost when I want that
Technically you can, unplug the bypass and we can make you a tune to flash in with it disconnected - will be NA again. Obviously this isn't an ideal setup

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #612
8500RPM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CP

Quote:
Thank you!

The more I think about supercharging the more I like the idea of getting a Harrop. You guys haven't tried out the new Radium Engineering drop in fuel pump/hanger? That should solve fuel issues for Full E85 Supercharger setups no?
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6725.50
      12-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #613
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

What are the recommended labor hours for installation of this supercharger? Are there authorized installers in NC that follow that guidance? I had a quote to install a ESS-VT 625 for $2,500, which is nuts.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 02:37 PM   #614
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8500RPM View Post
Quote:
Thank you!

The more I think about supercharging the more I like the idea of getting a Harrop. You guys haven't tried out the new Radium Engineering drop in fuel pump/hanger? That should solve fuel issues for Full E85 Supercharger setups no?
Have not heard about this at all - feel free to send a link/details as it's something we'd be interested in exploring provided the fuel system limits are reached.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #615
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
What are the recommended labor hours for installation of this supercharger? Are there authorized installers in NC that follow that guidance? I had a quote to install a ESS-VT 625 for $2,500, which is nuts.
Approx 10 Hours, it should run between $1,000 and $1,500.

In NC we would recommend Atlas Motor Company, you can contact Dave at 919-831-2424.

Thanks and happy holidays everyone... also, we're going to offer 10% off kits for the holidays, please contact us if you wish to redeem this offer.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 06:24 PM   #616
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks and happy holidays everyone... also, we're going to offer 10% off kits for the holidays, please contact us if you wish to redeem this offer.
Can I purchase extra belts for the Harrop through you?
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0