BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #23
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

No seatbelt AND license? You are just asking for a flaming man.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor561 View Post
So today i got a $116 ticket for not having my seat belt. The funny thing is that i was following behind the officer for like 10 minutes, then he decided to make a illegal U turn(Motorcycle cop), and that's when he saw me for a split second that i did not have my seat belt on. So i kept going and put on my seat belt and just when i look into my rear view mirror he is making another U turn while putting on his lights. So he pulls me over and sees that my seat belt is on. He still decides to give me a ticket, and he said that he could charged me $116 more for driving without a license, and another $116 for having 13% tint all around(Supposedly he said tint gets darker as time goes on).

This whole time i was wondering if i could plead my case in court/to the officer by saying i had my seat belt the whole time? Does anyone know if he has to have "proof" of me not having my seat belt on. In Florida its bs for cops making you wear a seat belt, if I want to get injured that's MY option, right?

If your going to give me a lecture on wearing a seat belt/flame me for lying, just don't reply please.
Let me see if I can break this down for you in simple terms...

You go in for your court day, and plead "not guilty."

The officer gives testimony that he specifically saw you not wearing the seatbelt, driving with illegal equipment, and diving without your license. Furthermore, he asserts to the judge that he offered you a break by only writing you up for one of the violations.

The judge will asses you all the violations, points, fines, and court costs. In addition to that, you will likely be scolded in court for wasting the time of the judge, officer, and the rest of the people waiting to get their time in front of the judge. You might also be told to remove your tint and come back for re-inspection.

Now I will give you my personal thoughts, take them how you want.

If an officer gives you a "break," by only citing you for one of three violations, take it, and be happy with it. Pay the fine, explain to your parents in a humble way that you made a mistake.. since they'll probably be asking.

Clearly the fact that you are even thinking of going into court to fight this shows that you are a disingenuous as a person. YOU are extremely naive, and metally detached from the way the real world operates. You invite serious ammounts of flaming, but preface it by "don't even reply please."

Your insticts suck, and likely put you in uncomfortable/socially awkward situations on a regular basis. Have a reality check, kid, you obviously have no idea of what happens in real life, as evidenced by your question(s).

Regarding seatbelts, they are for your protection. Stop being such a damn snot. Wear it, it's not your option, it's what's called the law. Ergo, when you break the law, you will have to suffer the consequences...even if you don't necessarily agree with it. The diference between you, and most of the other poeople walking around in public is that they will not complain about a situation when they know they are completely in the wrong. Please, wise up.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.

Last edited by bogdan; 12-16-2009 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #25
BKV122
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330xi  [9.50]
Not paying my taxes is my option right?
      12-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #26
Gooz23
Banned
Rep
Drives: LOL

igor's ignorance makes me laugh. Keep sharing your stories kid, threads will be epic
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #27
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Their is allot of reference to igor being a 'kid' Do we know this for sure?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #28
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
yes. his facebook page was posted on his other fail thread about his high school community service or something. he is most definitely a kid

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #29
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Seeing the thread title annoys me. Ticket-ed, is that ticket education or erectile dysfunction?

Ticketed.

That's as stupid as the one guy who put agree'd.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #30
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
i think new hampshire is the only place i've seen that u can get away with not wearing a seatbelt.. the motorcyclists there dont even wear helmets...
Correct. NH is the only state where seat beats are legally optional (for those over 18).

In my mind, it's common sense. You're an idiot for not wearing it these days. It's like riding a motorcycle with no helmet.

Obey the law or face the consequences. It's really that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I find it so hilarious all the whinning people do about tickets that they brough upon themselves.

You didn't have your seatbelt on, but since it was on when he finally pulled you over you think that means you had it on the whole time? Get a clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooz23 View Post
igor's ignorance makes me laugh. Keep sharing your stories kid, threads will be epic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
whats wrong with this kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooz23 View Post
i like how he runs away after posting something stupid LOL
QFT.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #31
Gooz23
Banned
Rep
Drives: LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Quote:
yes. his facebook page was posted on his other fail thread about his high school community service or something. he is most definitely a kid
thats why he changed what he drives and his location to "stalkers"
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #32
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Wear your damn seatbelt - especially when other people are in the car. In a bad accident there's a chance you will bounce around and kill all the smart people wearing it.
________
Ford Sunliner specifications

Last edited by stimpy; 02-04-2011 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 02:43 AM   #33
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
And he's not the only one.. Site seems to infested by a lot of kids these days ..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #34
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

High school kids with BMWs unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #35
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Oh that's THIS kid! The one who stated he needed to do 60 hrs of community service to graduate with Honors, so he wanted to pay someone here money to lie and sign off on it. What a mentally handicapped child. His parents need to be
      12-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #36
Artmasterx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor561 View Post
In Florida its bs for cops making you wear a seat belt, if I want to get injured that's MY option, right?
If it did not cost the state and everyone else a bunch of money to clean your mangled corpse off the road, defend the inevitable lawsuits against the car company, close down the road to do a proper accident scene investigate due to a fatality, pay for PTSD therapy for the other people involve who have your unneeded death weighing on their conscious, etc., then maybe it would be your choice.

I am 100% sure you have not paid in enough insurance money to cover anywhere close to the repercussions from a serious injury, so in effect we would all be paying for your negligence.

Grow up.

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #37
m3pare
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: OBD1 M3.

not this guy again :facepalm
Appreciate 0