BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-19-2024, 06:49 AM   #45
Cmassey3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Hmm, maybe I meant to link the b16s instead: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Bilstein...49-237108.html
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 12:27 PM   #46
bipp
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 m3 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmassey3 View Post
Hmm, maybe I meant to link the b16s instead: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Bilstein...49-237108.html
At that price point, it may be worth going a bit further and going for the TracTive setup through Inertia Labs - Redd has a pretty good review of his setup and it was something I considered when going for a suspension upgrade.
      03-19-2024, 04:18 PM   #47
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipp View Post
At that price point, it may be worth going a bit further and going for the TracTive setup through Inertia Labs - Redd has a pretty good review of his setup and it was something I considered when going for a suspension upgrade.
I’d get the new Nitron elec-TRON R1 or R3 edc plug-n-play kits over the Tractive options. Nitron is also releasing a Height Lift System to raise the car up to help clear speed bumps, steep driveway entrances, etc. The R1 and R3 elec-TRON are being developed for the e9x M. The R1 elec-TRON is ~$5900 and the R3 elec-TRON is ~$8400. You can select your spring rates. They also offer a Roadsport version with fixed spring rates and is for street use. Price is ~$4900.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2061531
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 04:58 PM   #48
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

I ordered the B16s last week. Will post up a review when it's done.
Appreciate 2
Cmassey3416.50
      03-19-2024, 06:14 PM   #49
bipp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I’d get the new Nitron elec-TRON R1 or R3 edc plug-n-play kits over the Tractive options. Nitron is also releasing a Height Lift System to raise the car up to help clear speed bumps, steep driveway entrances, etc. The R1 and R3 elec-TRON are being developed for the e9x M. The R1 elec-TRON is ~$5900 and the R3 elec-TRON is ~$8400. You can select your spring rates. They also offer a Roadsport version with fixed spring rates and is for street use. Price is ~$4900.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2061531
I think the downside is a pretty heavy cost. I have a non-elecTRON R1 kit and love it - there are definitely settings that are comfortable yet way, way better than the stock setup. However, it's a little hard to justify $5900 for electronic adjustment when I touch the knobs maybe once every couple weeks.

I definitely wouldn't doubt that the elecTRON kits could outperform the Bilsteins but it would just come down to if the cost is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 06:30 PM   #50
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Can I Hijack for a question?

Non EDC e90. Looking for a refresh. Thinking of the b12 pro kit.

Thoughts? I don’t want to go the coil over route just yet.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 06:44 PM   #51
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think the downside is a pretty heavy cost. I have a non-elecTRON R1 kit and love it - there are definitely settings that are comfortable yet way, way better than the stock setup. However, it's a little hard to justify $5900 for electronic adjustment when I touch the knobs maybe once every couple weeks.

I definitely wouldn't doubt that the elecTRON kits could outperform the Bilsteins but it would just come down to if the cost is worth it.
It’s the same pricing as Tractive’s Touring, Street & Track, and 3-way Motorsport kits so I’m confused? From your post below, “At that price point, it may be worth going a bit further and going for the TracTive setup through Inertia Labs”. I provide an option that is priced the same as TracTive yet it’s too expensive? How much do you think the TracTive kits cost?

I don’t follow your statement about “justify $5900 for electronic adjustment when I touch the knobs maybe once every couple of weeks” - the R1 e-TRON requires no adjustments and is controlled by the EDC controller or, eventually, Nitron’s DCU (damper control unit). The R3 adds independent LSC and HSC manual damping adjustment.

If you already have Nitron R1 1-way conventional dampers, which are similar in price to the R1 e-TRON, why are you looking at B6 and Tractive edc options? If you’re considering Tractive edc options then I’d strongly recommend you look at the Nitron options.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 07:06 PM   #52
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs34 View Post
Can I Hijack for a question?

Non EDC e90. Looking for a refresh. Thinking of the b12 pro kit.

Thoughts? I don’t want to go the coil over route just yet.

Thanks!
I’d consider the ISC street kit (they offer a track kit with higher spring rates and valving) as another option to the Bilstein B12. The price difference is $200-300. The B12 is a non-adjustable damper with Eibach springs that lower the car 40 mm. ISC allows you to set the ride height you prefer as well as provides 1-way adjustable dampers. Just another setup to consider.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 08:03 PM   #53
Mn4jzus1313
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 M3

Engine and Tran mounts.

My e93 has 126k and it runs strong, once I replace the engine and transmission mounts. I purchased my m3 with 26k miles and 126 thousand miles later when the clutch goes out it sounds like the rod bearings and you will think your engine is shot but it is the flywheel. Very expensive lesson to learn. I went to do the rod bearing just to find out it was done before I purchased the car. The guy said they did not need to replace them. But I did anyway because the labor price to pull it down is still the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 08:52 PM   #54
bipp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
It’s the same pricing as Tractive’s Touring, Street & Track, and 3-way Motorsport kits so I’m confused? From your post below, “At that price point, it may be worth going a bit further and going for the TracTive setup through Inertia Labs”. I provide an option that is priced the same as TracTive yet it’s too expensive? How much do you think the TracTive kits cost?

I don’t follow your statement about “justify $5900 for electronic adjustment when I touch the knobs maybe once every couple of weeks” - the R1 e-TRON requires no adjustments and is controlled by the EDC controller or, eventually, Nitron’s DCU (damper control unit). The R3 adds independent LSC and HSC manual damping adjustment.

If you already have Nitron R1 1-way conventional dampers, which are similar in price to the R1 e-TRON, why are you looking at B6 and Tractive edc options? If you’re considering Tractive edc options then I’d strongly recommend you look at the Nitron options.
hey - think we got confused. I was suggesting TracTive kits for the guy looking at B16s. I'm not in the market for another suspension kit. not sure if you got different people mixed up or if I was confusing, but sorry if it's the latter.

going off of TracTive's site, they are listed for 3795 eur.

the R1 eTRON and R1 conventional aren't that similar in price. I got my kit for 4200 last year, 5900 is a good chunk higher. at the time, I was eyeballing the TracTives and Ohlins as well, but ended up going with the R1s.

to be clear, my point was that at the price point for the people looking into B16's (mid 3s) it might be worth looking at the TracTives (low 4s after currency conversion) as well if EDC is something they are looking for. for me personally, I felt like the eTRON setups are a bit too pricy - I didn't feel that I would be getting $1700 worth of value out of electronic adjustment, since I don't adjust the suspension very often.

edit: I do agree with you that if you're willing to spring for it, the eTRON setup would probably be the ideal kit to have.
      03-21-2024, 03:16 PM   #55
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
hey - think we got confused. I was suggesting TracTive kits for the guy looking at B16s. I'm not in the market for another suspension kit. not sure if you got different people mixed up or if I was confusing, but sorry if it's the latter.

going off of TracTive's site, they are listed for 3795 eur.

the R1 eTRON and R1 conventional aren't that similar in price. I got my kit for 4200 last year, 5900 is a good chunk higher. at the time, I was eyeballing the TracTives and Ohlins as well, but ended up going with the R1s.

to be clear, my point was that at the price point for the people looking into B16's (mid 3s) it might be worth looking at the TracTives (low 4s after currency conversion) as well if EDC is something they are looking for. for me personally, I felt like the eTRON setups are a bit too pricy - I didn't feel that I would be getting $1700 worth of value out of electronic adjustment, since I don't adjust the suspension very often.

edit: I do agree with you that if you're willing to spring for it, the eTRON setup would probably be the ideal kit to have.
The Tractive Touring would be compared with the Nitron Roadsport. The price in the US is higher than ~$4100. So there’s a few $100 difference. It also depends on whether you go plug-n-play or use their ACE controller (~$500) which is the way I’d go. The R1 is compared to their Trackline DDA + 1-way manually adjustable dampers ~$6100, and the R3 is compared to their Motorsport DDA + 3-way manually adjustable dampers (price not listed).

I was looking at a different price sheet when I quoted the price of the conventional R1 dampers. Low $4k is correct.

The “advantage” of the edc plug-n-play options is that the controller (BMW EDC, Nitron DCU or Tractive ACE; DSC Sport started to develop a controller but stopped because I don’t think the demand is high enough to justify development but the Porsche guys love their DSC controllers!) is doing the adjusting for you in real time (adjustments every 6-10 msec). If you want zero adjustments then the Roadsport version is for you. Personally, I’ll stick with 2W/3W conventional dampers.
Appreciate 0