BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-04-2024, 12:49 PM   #23
Savspeed Auto
Savspeed
South Africa
Rep
Drives: The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soden82 View Post
Are we looking at a potential niche market segment like what there is for GTRs, Lambos, R8, viper etc.

Referencing packages for built engines, twin turbo kits, 1200+whp kits, syvecs.
Yes that is correct. The option will be there to buy the kit or to send your motor to us so we can build it for you like a crate motor so to speak. The idea is to tap into that Niche market for the S65 and be supportive, accommodating and ultimately give our clients the joy they deserve when it comes to having such a special build.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 12:53 PM   #24
Savspeed Auto
Savspeed
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
While this is really cool, I'd like to see a more refined filter/air inlet solution for the turbos than just a metal screen that is going to suck in hot air from the engine bay.
Unfortunately due to space constraints, this is the option that we went with for now. The development never ends as there is always areas that we can improve on and refine so we will be exploring different options as we go along. This vehicle in particular is getting a carbon fibre bonnet with custom ducts to ensure that the hot air is kept to a minimum.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 01:01 PM   #25
Savspeed Auto
Savspeed
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
I really hope they are making the intake manifold/charge pipes in carbon fiber in the final production because all the carbon fiber hydro-dipped/overlayed stuff is throwing me off, lol.

A carbon fiber valve cover would be cool, but I also think that's hydro-dipped.

Good stuff, though. I hope this build actually runs, and it looks like it will because the other 'twin turbo' projects that we've seen before have never been heard of again.
So the final build on this particular E92 will not have carbon Manifold/charge pipes. We have done this purely to limit the costs of the build as it needs to be cost-effective. In saying that, we are able to produce anything that a client would like when it comes to certain aspects of the kit.

Thank you very much, we are looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the E92 M3 turbo market.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2024, 11:56 PM   #26
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savspeed Auto View Post
So the final build on this particular E92 will not have carbon Manifold/charge pipes. We have done this purely to limit the costs of the build as it needs to be cost-effective. In saying that, we are able to produce anything that a client would like when it comes to certain aspects of the kit.

Thank you very much, we are looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the E92 M3 turbo market.
yeah the cost to produce would be insane... cause i was looking at it from a manufacturing standpoint the mold work would at minimum be made in aluminum.. which alone would be to expensive, unless you cad design the intake manifold directly and just create the mold from the model. but i'm sure that can be a V2 manifold at some later point in life.

good luck and we are rooting for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:09 PM   #27
euphoric
Rep
Drives: jet black m3

What will be done the block itsself to reinforce? ive heard various s65 tuners say the block flexes and cracks above 800whp, me personaly i have cracked a sleeved block running 16psi with a g2 kit.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 07:44 PM   #28
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
What will be done the block itsself to reinforce? ive heard various s65 tuners say the block flexes and cracks above 800whp, me personaly i have cracked a sleeved block running 16psi with a g2 kit.
How much horsepower were you pushing when it cracked?
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 05:16 AM   #29
Savspeed Auto
Savspeed
South Africa
Rep

Savspeed V8 Twin Turbo S65 Dyno Run

Good afternoon everyone.

We would like to let you all know that we have made some massive strides forward in the last few weeks since our last update was shared.

Our main goal was dedicating time to fine tune all parameters and go through all of the functionalities on the Syvecs S7 Plus Ecu to ensure that when we release our Twin Turbo S65 kits worldwide we will be able to offer support to our clients and well... Our twin turbo S65 V8 is up and running.

We have tuned the car for low boost, everyday driving at 0.6bar boost and that is what can be seen in the video. We will be sharing dyno graphs comparing to a stock M3 V8 and various supercharged M3 V8's that we have run on our dyno. We know that every dyno is different and it is merely a point of reference to gain an idea of where we are heading.

We can confidently say that we surprised ourselves with the power we are able to make at such low boost and the motor obviously being decompressed to a compression ratio of roughly 8:1.

I am struggling to upload videos onto this forum, not sure if the video format is not suitable in mp4 but if someone could assist me in telling me what format I should use it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to our Facebook Video of the Twin Turbo M3 V8 S65 on the dyno, let us know what you guys think: https://fb.watch/rjuvoDA7V3/
Appreciate 2
      04-08-2024, 12:25 PM   #30
Savage_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 & 2022 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
Exactly...

I thought Gintani hit the market first, but they claimed the block is the limiting factor and they kept the power tuned down.
      04-08-2024, 12:31 PM   #31
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I’m guessing it’s a billet block unless they have proprietary sleeves that do not crack somehow.
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0