BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

11-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
vincE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
'11 E92 M3  [0.00]
Front Passenger Tweeter & Speaker not working --- Fuse number?

I've noticed that my front passenger side door speaker and tweeter is not emitting any sound.

I have a 2011 e92 M3 with HiFi radio (no logic, no navigation).

I tried looking at the fuse diagram, but i did not see a clear "speaker" diagram. I checked my radio fuses and they all seem 'OK. Since my car does not have navigation nor logic sound system, it was missing some of the fuses designated under radio diagram on the cheat sheet.

Can anyone tell me specifically which fuse number is tied to the front passenger speaker and tweeter?

Is this a common issue for speakers not to work? My search did turn up some reported, but not a clear single issue like mine. Unfortunately, my warranty ended two days prior to me noticing this issue and they are giving me a hard-time fixing this under "goodwill".

Additionally, I have yet to pull the door cover off to check if the connector is loose. I guess that would be the next step after ruling out the fuses.

Note: passenger sub-woofer under seat is functioning as expected.

Any help or input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Vince
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #2
vincE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
'11 E92 M3  [0.00]
Additionally, can someone tell me which fuse number is used for the speaker amps?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
l2iceman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

bump - anyone have an answer for this? I have the Individual Audio, and my driver side speaker/tweeter are not working. I took a look at the fuse box diagram, looks like fuses related to the sound system are 14, 15, 18, 19, 27, 42, 56, 63.

I noticed fuses 14 and 15 were missing completely - I installed new ones, but didn't make a difference.

Anyone have a diagram on what the fuses specifically link to? Wondering if it's normal for fuse 14/15 to be missing (ie not used for those with Individual Audio?)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 02:05 AM   #4
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
bump - anyone have an answer for this? I have the Individual Audio, and my driver side speaker/tweeter are not working. I took a look at the fuse box diagram, looks like fuses related to the sound system are 14, 15, 18, 19, 27, 42, 56, 63.

I noticed fuses 14 and 15 were missing completely - I installed new ones, but didn't make a difference.

Anyone have a diagram on what the fuses specifically link to? Wondering if it's normal for fuse 14/15 to be missing (ie not used for those with Individual Audio?)
My speakers stopped working because I had water in the trunk. It blew the Driver side door speaker.
      02-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #5
l2iceman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
My speakers stopped working because I had water in the trunk. It blew the Driver side door speaker.
Ah ok, let me look into that, I guess I can test the speaker by swapping the passenger side into the driver side.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #6
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Ah ok, let me look into that, I guess I can test the speaker by swapping the passenger side into the driver side.
That's a lot of work. I tested an AMP from my friends car as we both have 09 BMWs, they changed up the connection design later on/
      02-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #7
l2iceman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's a lot of work. I tested an AMP from my friends car as we both have 09 BMWs, they changed up the connection design later on/
Do I have another option? lol Regardless, I'd have to take off the driver door panel...might as well take off the passenger side and swap speakers to determine if the speakers themselves are dead, or if there are other issues (connection/wiring, amp).

Taking off the door panels doesn't seem difficult on these cars either.

Edit: removed door panel, one plug was loose, guess from someone in the past doing something. I plugged it back in and everything works!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 05:34 AM   #8
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Do I have another option? lol Regardless, I'd have to take off the driver door panel...might as well take off the passenger side and swap speakers to determine if the speakers themselves are dead, or if there are other issues (connection/wiring, amp).

Taking off the door panels doesn't seem difficult on these cars either.

Edit: removed door panel, one plug was loose, guess from someone in the past doing something. I plugged it back in and everything works!
Don't remove any door stuff it's the amp. All speaker wires go to the amp in the trunk and only the whole amp is fused. You probably had water get in as it is common. It happened to me when I was having my rear bumper repainted. They parked my car outside outside in the rain overnight with the bumper off and water came in the vent port. There are vent ports (square plastic shutter like things) so the windows don't break when you shut the trunk due to pressure(told to me). You can remove the amp and try and remove the main (bottom bigger) board and clean the audio chips along the side with an old CLEAN toothbrush and CRC contact cleaner. The chip legs get corroded when water gets in and bridge the IC legs to each other. Clear it all away without damaging the chips and MAYBE you won't have to buy a new amp.