BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

10-16-2022, 06:58 PM   #1
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep
Drives: '10 LeMans Blue E92 M3

My New to me Le Mans E92 M3

New to me E92 M3 in LeMans Blue
DCT, Bamboo interior, 39k miles 1 owner
Also If anyone recognizes this car please let me know! I'd love to know more about it/previous owner as I found it off a random car dealer in Jersey!
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
slcook541863.00
Brandoch451.00
akkando5863.00
Rochen_00349.50
SAMM3Y3085.00
DrFerry6727.00
      10-28-2022, 04:33 PM   #2
Andy1M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Looks awesome! Well done on the purchase. Jealous of the alcantara steering wheel!

I spy an M2 Comp (?) in the background. Interested to hear your thoughts in comparing the two..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 06:44 AM   #3
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1M3 View Post
Looks awesome! Well done on the purchase. Jealous of the alcantara steering wheel!

I spy an M2 Comp (?) in the background. Interested to hear your thoughts in comparing the two..
Thank you! The M2 Comp is my dads, and having driven both its a weird feeling.
Firstly, they are about the same length give or take a few inches, so they are similar dimensions wise, which is weird to think how much cars have grown.

Driving wise, the M2c pulls much quicker in the lower RPMS and they pull about the same in the higher range, the M2 feels much lighter than the e92. My dad after driving it for the first time, said "I thought this would be faster" comparing it to the M2. The M2 feels like a go kart around the streets which the M3 is nowhere near. M2 is miles better at steering and braking, the M3 feels like its lacking in comparison. Overall feel wise the M2 feels like a go kart for city driving whereas the M3 feels at home on a highway. Also want to point out that being in the city, the M2 is miles ahead more easy to daily drive and sit in traffic in while in comfort mode. The M3 is jerky and feels like its incredibly upset to be sitting in traffic.

Although I still love the M3 just as much if not more because it feels much more raw in terms of power delivery and feel of driving. I know I said that the m2 is quicker and faster and more nimble, but the M3 feels like an old school racer especially with the V8. Its something that the M2 can't replicate. The exhaust sound especially now that I've gone aftermarket is miles ahead of the M2, although the burbles are fun I hate to admit lol. M2 is much more nimble, fast, and modern, but the M3 still has appeal because of its old school feel.
Appreciate 3
Andy1M331.50
DrFerry6727.00
CamasM3e933140.00
      10-29-2022, 03:05 PM   #4
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stxf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1M3 View Post

Thank you! The M2 Comp is my dads, and having driven both its a weird feeling.
Firstly, they are about the same length give or take a few inches, so they are similar dimensions wise, which is weird to think how much cars have grown.

Driving wise, the M2c pulls much quicker in the lower RPMS and they pull about the same in the higher range, the M2 feels much lighter than the e92. My dad after driving it for the first time, said "I thought this would be faster" comparing it to the M2. The M2 feels like a go kart around the streets which the M3 is nowhere near. M2 is miles better at steering and braking, the M3 feels like its lacking in comparison. Overall feel wise the M2 feels like a go kart for city driving whereas the M3 feels at home on a highway. Also want to point out that being in the city, the M2 is miles ahead more easy to daily drive and sit in traffic in while in comfort mode. The M3 is jerky and feels like its incredibly upset to be sitting in traffic.

Although I still love the M3 just as much if not more because it feels much more raw in terms of power delivery and feel of driving. I know I said that the m2 is quicker and faster and more nimble, but the M3 feels like an old school racer especially with the V8. Its something that the M2 can't replicate. The exhaust sound especially now that I've gone aftermarket is miles ahead of the M2, although the burbles are fun I hate to admit lol. M2 is much more nimble, fast, and modern, but the M3 still has appeal because of its old school feel.
Get the GTS transmission tune if you don't have it. Should make it smoother in traffic and faster shifts at speed. If the car starts in sequential you don't have a GTS trans tune. If it starts in automatic drive you have some version of the GTS tune already.
Appreciate 2
JIMN9NE83.00
DrFerry6727.00
      10-29-2022, 08:33 PM   #5
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Get the GTS transmission tune if you don't have it. Should make it smoother in traffic and faster shifts at speed. If the car starts in sequential you don't have a GTS trans tune. If it starts in automatic drive you have some version of the GTS tune already.
Starts off in Sequential with shift speed halfway. I doubt this thing was ever tuned before
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 11:05 PM   #6
spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Starts off in Sequential with shift speed halfway. I doubt this thing was ever tuned before
Doesn't have GTS tune. They usually start off in D2. Tuned DCT feels way better in daily driving.
Appreciate 1
ez2c143.50
      10-30-2022, 09:46 AM   #7
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
Doesn't have GTS tune. They usually start off in D2. Tuned DCT feels way better in daily driving.
Any tune provider recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 02:22 PM   #8
spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
Any tune provider recommendations?
My car came to me with Dinan's DCT tune. But I have been told that almost every aftermarket tune is based off the GTS tune. Pick your poison
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 11:49 PM   #9
GcD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Sick color combo.
Appreciate 2
v8m3nyc51.00
8th20.50
      11-02-2022, 12:11 AM   #10
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Congrats! Where did you find this if you don't mind me asking? I frequent the FS threads quite a bit and I don't remember seeing this car for sale.

I think you will appreciate the car the more you drive it. You've only had it for a few days so it's impossible to get a real good feel of the car. I've owned mine for 7 years now and it still amazes me how a car can drive so well. Enjoy in good health, car looks absolutely mint!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 06:22 AM   #11
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Random used car lot in Jersey called "Automotive Avenues." 1 owner, average 3k miles a year and carfax showed it was serviced at the same BMW dealer every year for all 12 years of ownership!

Extra bonus was the dealer didn't realize the titanium akrapovic slip on which was on the car. They could've swapped it with a stock and pocketed the 2k difference! Besides that the car is fully stock. Had it 3 months so far, changed the rod bearings just to be on safe side and the old ones looked literally brand new. So I'm happy the car has been treated well. These are the old ones that were on the car
Attached Images

Last edited by v8m3nyc; 11-02-2022 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 2
GeorgeA756.50
DrFerry6727.00
      11-02-2022, 07:04 AM   #12
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
Congrats! Where did you find this if you don't mind me asking? I frequent the FS threads quite a bit and I don't remember seeing this car for sale.

I think you will appreciate the car the more you drive it. You've only had it for a few days so it's impossible to get a real good feel of the car. I've owned mine for 7 years now and it still amazes me how a car can drive so well. Enjoy in good health, car looks absolutely mint!
Also still had the factory PPF which I got redone
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 09:35 AM   #13
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Random used car lot in Jersey called "Automotive Avenues." 1 owner, average 3k miles a year and carfax showed it was serviced at the same BMW dealer every year for all 12 years of ownership!

Extra bonus was the dealer didn't realize the titanium akrapovic slip on which was on the car. They could've swapped it with a stock and pocketed the 2k difference! Besides that the car is fully stock. Had it 3 months so far, changed the rod bearings just to be on safe side and the old ones looked literally brand new. So I'm happy the car has been treated well. These are the old ones that were on the car
Can you take a picture of the markings on the back of the bearings?

They don't look oem, the darker color looks like it has a coating on it, so either BE or VAC.

Since you are not far from Auto Couture Motoring, I'd say give them a call and your vin and see if they could tell you if they did the rb service. Judging by the condition of the car, I'd say they could have been an ACM customer.
Appreciate 2
akkando5863.00
DrFerry6727.00
      11-02-2022, 09:44 AM   #14
OperationGraphiteM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
New to me E92 M3 in LeMans Blue
DCT, Bamboo interior, 39k miles 1 owner
Also If anyone recognizes this car please let me know! I'd love to know more about it/previous owner as I found it off a random car dealer in Jersey!
The LeMans blue is gorgeous! Beautiful car.
Appreciate 1
v8m3nyc51.00
      11-02-2022, 01:05 PM   #15
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post

They don't look oem, the darker color looks like it has a coating on it, so either BE or VAC.

Since you are not far from Auto Couture Motoring, I'd say give them a call and your vin and see if they could tell you if they did the rb service. Judging by the condition of the car, I'd say they could have been an ACM customer.
Back of the bearings have BMW stampings on them. Called, they would need customer name which I don't have
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      11-03-2022, 10:57 PM   #16
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:

Sounds like you found a unicorn! I've been half serious about getting an e90 but these things are getting harder and harder to find, let alone in a fantastic condition like yours. Sometimes you just gotta be at the right place at the right time I guess.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      11-04-2022, 06:12 AM   #17
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
Sounds like you found a unicorn! I've been half serious about getting an e90 but these things are getting harder and harder to find, let alone in a fantastic condition like yours. Sometimes you just gotta be at the right place at the right time I guess.
Just gotta wait for the right one. And if I were you I wouldn't be in a rush, Interest rates and the overall weakening of the used car market means itll only get easier and cheaper in the next year or so to buy an e9x or m3 in general
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      11-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #18
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Car looks fantastic, congrats! Bearing too, never seen oen looking completely untouched, all shells like the one in pic?
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      11-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #19
v8m3nyc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Car looks fantastic, congrats! Bearing too, never seen oen looking completely untouched, all shells like the one in pic?
Thanks! All of them except the two end ones. Have very minimal marking. I think those are the most prone to wear
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      11-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #20
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Quote:

That was my thought too... Those bearings looked like they could already have been done with BE Bearings. Amazing condition for OEM bearings at 39K miles.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2022, 07:17 AM   #21
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
That was my thought too... Those bearings looked like they could already have been done with BE Bearings. Amazing condition for OEM bearings at 39K miles.
OEM bearings are silver, I think those were WPC treated or less likely but still possible perhaps the early VAC coated OEM ones. Either way they came out in good shape, but they likely don't have much miles on them.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 07:22 AM   #22
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
OEM bearings are silver, I think those were WPC treated or less likely but still possible perhaps the early VAC coated OEM ones. Either way they came out in good shape, but they likely don't have much miles on them.
O.P. posted a photo of a BMW stamp with some numbers on the back of his black coated shells. I can't read all the numbers but perhaps VAC or similar stamped them for application. I don't recall OEM shells having BMW stamped on the original shells. ??
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1