BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-31-2019, 02:19 AM   #23
jeremism
Rep
Drives: MY11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Cruelz View Post
At the moment I still have slight pinging from 1800-2000rpm. There was another thread about pre-det and the OP fixed the issue completely with new O2 sensors. This was after OP went through plugs, injectors, maybe coils too but the issue would return. I have a set on order now and will be replacing the pre-O2 sensors when I have the DCT serviced. If you have a scan tool, I would check if either of the 2 pre-O2 sensors are playing up to confirm. These don't need to fail or throw a fault code to cause any pinging it seems.
Would be great to hear if changing these sensors fix the issue for you - please let us know how you go!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 02:35 AM   #24
Darkne55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Cruelz View Post
I have a set on order now and will be replacing the pre-O2 sensors when I have the DCT serviced.
Thanks for sharing your experience De Cruelz. No pinging issue for me. Touch wood. But would be interested where you will take your car to for DCT service.
I am contemplating to DIY using service kits from ECS or FCP but no space in garage to do this.
      10-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #25
De_Cruelz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremism View Post
Would be great to hear if changing these sensors fix the issue for you - please let us know how you go!
For sure! Seen a lot of threads and posts about this across various forums but most fixes don't last and the pinging eventually returns. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkne55 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience De Cruelz. No pinging issue for me. Touch wood. But would be interested where you will take your car to for DCT service.
I am contemplating to DIY using service kits from ECS or FCP but no space in garage to do this.
I used to go to Advan/BMR in Auburn for parts and service then City Performance Center in Artarmon as they are only 10 minutes away from me. I feel CPC is okay for service work but they are not BMW experts. Might have to check out Hills Eurohaus and have a chat with them as I'm looking to do bearings as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #26
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

so the conclusion is that the pinging is octane related?
Slow Build
Appreciate 0