BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

10-22-2018, 12:13 AM   #1
Thtkidwihthem3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW m3 e93 le man's blu

Macht schnell review (quality is a p.o.s

Wassup everybody so it's been a year and a half that I have the stage "2" intake and ever since I brought it's been a pain in the ass like the elbow will slip off from the intake manifold because of the shit ass couplings they use I even had them sent a free coupling because little did I know had a fat ass cut in the coupling the intake sounds good but not worth having to be at every carmeet tryna put the intake back on really pisses me off that eventuri intake tho coming soon
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #2
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtkidwihthem3 View Post
Wassup everybody so it's been a year and a half that I have the stage "2" intake and ever since I brought it's been a pain in the ass like the elbow will slip off from the intake manifold because of the shit ass couplings they use I even had them sent a free coupling because little did I know had a fat ass cut in the coupling the intake sounds good but not worth having to be at every carmeet tryna put the intake back on really pisses me off that eventuri intake tho coming soon
Ok, this is a very uncalled for rant.

But let me put that aside real quick and offer you some "help".

You state it slipped off the intake plenum correct ?
Well I'm a bmw race car tech , and the ONLY way it slips off the plenum, is due to a broken motor mount, ask me how I know?

The first mount to go on a e92 is the driver side, it snaps clean in half within 40k depending on your shifting and how you drive
The motor jumps up , and guess what, it breaks the seal between the intake boot and plenum.

My car has done this, our shop race car did it, and multiple customers.

Pull off the intake , take the 2 10mm bolts holding the lower box , and you can look directly at your driver side mount
Report back.

And again, only trying to help
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:47 AM   #3
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Wanna know what all these mounts have in common
Every car they came off, had a intake, and it was popping off every time they went for a drive

Again, ask me how I know lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Patrón544.50
      10-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #4
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Strip may have a valid point. Not that I am advocating MS products (I have my own qualms with their quality) but on the motor mount thing.

This is at 31k (driver side). Apparently they are fluid filled. Don't know if it's a coincidence the patterns on top of mount or it is actually going bad.

Last edited by Exclusivs; 10-22-2018 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #5
atranho
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' ZCP AW M3 - GONE

What would be a good upgrade mounts that are tolerable on the street?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:17 AM   #6
Thtkidwihthem3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
Every car they came off, had a intake, and it was popping off every time they went for a drive

Hello strip thank you so much for your help but I'm looking at them they look good they were actually replaced 1 year and a half ago about 12,k miles I'll send pics
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #7
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Strip may have a valid point. Not that I am advocating MS products (I have my own qualms with their quality) but on the motor mount thing.

This is at 31k (driver side). Apparently they are fluid filled. Don't know if it's a coincidence the patterns on top of mount or it is actually going bad.

[IMG]https://flic.kr/p/NxnEwR[/IMG]
I just wanna she's some light and help , becuz the amount of times this has happen in my shop, it's laughable at this point.

Even myself, had the intake on for months
Did a hard 1-2 shift , felt the slop in the throttle from take off , and knew I just snapped a mount, popped my hood and the intake came off

So if anything, the intake is acts a a great intake , and a free diagnostic telling you it's time for mounts lol
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:22 AM   #8
Thtkidwihthem3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hello strip thank you so much for your help but I'm looking at them they look good they were actually replaced 1 year and a half ago about 12,k miles I'll send pics
These are pics from the driver side only I checked the passenger aswell and nothing they look great so maybe it's the rubber piece that connects from the plenum to the elbow of the macht schnell just stretched out
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:22 AM   #9
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atranho View Post
What would be a good upgrade mounts that are tolerable on the street?
The bimmer world group N style mounts are good
Little more nvh at idle

I just run stocks and I track my car, I don't mind changing them when they break
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:27 AM   #10
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

These are pics from the driver side only I checked the passenger aswell and nothing they look great so maybe it's the rubber piece that connects from the plenum to the elbow of the macht schnell just stretched out
Thanks for the pics , that looks to be in check .

With that said, are you getting a lot of oil residue in the intake elbow ?
That it the only other thing I can think of causing it

I just wanna say I understand your frustration but I promise you this doesn't usually happen and when it does, it only ever happens to the cars I see after they just snapped a mount
I've never seen it come off for any reason

I've also seen a lower motor mount bolt come off and the whole mount was lifting off the frame lol
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:45 AM   #11
Thtkidwihthem3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just wanna say I understand your frustration but I promise you this doesn't usually happen and when it does, it only ever happens to the cars I see after they just snapped a mount

I've also seen a lower motor mount bolt come off and the whole mount was lifting off the frame lol
I mean it is oily but the thing is I washed it the complete arm and still doesn't wanna stick on I have couple buddy's who are also experiencing the same issue
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:51 AM   #12
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean it is oily but the thing is I washed it the complete arm and still doesn't wanna stick on I have couple buddy's who are also experiencing the same issue
I guess I can't argue with you if it's happening

I just can't see how, becuz its so wedged against the cooling fan I don't know how it's coming off.
100s installed by me and never one problem

When you get a chance, take a pic of it installed on your car and maybe I can figure this out
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:57 AM   #13
Thtkidwihthem3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just can't see how, becuz its so wedged against the cooling fan I don't know how it's coming off.

When you get a chance, take a pic of it installed on your car and maybe I can figure this out
Yea it's crazy how it's piping off I mean I'm not gonna lie 75% of the time I'm WOT but it's suppose to hold and I ask European auto source I even sent pics of the intake installed and they told me I installed the medal fasteners wrong so I corrected it and that was a worsted outcome so maybe the intake system is way to oily
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 02:04 AM   #14
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea it's crazy how it's piping off I mean I'm not gonna lie 75% of the time I'm WOT but it's suppose to hold and I ask European auto source I even sent pics of the intake installed and they told me I installed the medal fasteners wrong so I corrected it and that was a worsted outcome so maybe the intake system is way to oily
It's 100% ok to be full throttle when you please
Our shop race car is a testament to that.
100+ track days, stays on just fine

My car same thing, I track and am up it's ass when I drive it

When you get a chance
Take the intake box top off
With the full intake installed
With a whole shot from filter to plenum showing
And take a pic
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 02:06 AM   #15
Thtkidwihthem3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's 100% ok to be full throttle when you please
Our shop race car is a testament to that.
100+ track days, stays on just fine

My car same thing, I track and am up it's ass when I drive it

When you get a chance
Take the intake box top off
With the full intake installed
With a whole shot from filter to plenum showing
And take a pic
Alright perfect thanks strip
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 05:54 PM   #16
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I just wanna she's some light and help , becuz the amount of times this has happen in my shop, it's laughable at this point.

Even myself, had the intake on for months
Did a hard 1-2 shift , felt the slop in the throttle from take off , and knew I just snapped a mount, popped my hood and the intake came off

So if anything, the intake is acts a a great intake , and a free diagnostic telling you it's time for mounts lol
Wasn't me with the intake problem lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #17
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Failed engine mounts would definately cause this. Another area to look into is incorrect positioning of the clamps, and being overtightened. This will cause the intake to collapse on itself, as they are very strong.

Pictures show the correct positions of the screws. Also make sure there is no grease/oil on the couplers, which will cause the couplers not to mate properly.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0