BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis | Handling

09-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Rogue Engineering Front Tension Rod/Arm Upgraded Bushing

Get in Control!

Are you looking for more control over the front end of your E9X M3? We've got the solution for you!

While the stock front tension arm bushings are designed to offer a compliant ride while trying to control the front, it cannot overcome age, added power, or increase use (like at the track). This front bushing takes a large share of the suspension load under braking and hard cornering. Our solution is designed to to outlast and outperform the factory bushing in many ways.

Rogue Engineering's Tension Arm Bushings (TABs) is an elegant, engineered solution to this issue.

Rogue Engineering's TABs are designed allow the thrust arm to move without this spring load, but instead, allowing movement though its range without this specific resistance. By allowing the center bolt sleeve to pivot instead of our custom urethane-silicone bushings smoothly, there is no unnecessary wear and tear.

Our exclusive, made in USA, urethane bushing has all the same properties as the other bushings Rogue Engineering produces. A special silicone formula is injected into each and every bushing mold during the casting process to ensure a lubricious film impregnated at all times (even without grease!).

Another Urethane Bushing?

Some will try to compare the Rogue Engineering Thrust Arm Bushings to a currently available urethane replacements. There is a big difference! Instead of using urethane to control the entire area of deflection, we've engineered an aluminum housing to reduce the ID of the hole of the thrust arm bushing. By doing this, we can fine tune the urethane compound so that we can get performance without unwanted NVH. In order to get our level of deflection control, other companies would have to make their entire bushing so incredibly hard that their product would either vibrate, squeak or both!

Less unwanted bushing deflection means more control! Take control of your BMW! These bushings are available in our STREET compound (black) or TRACK compound (blue).

This produce fits the following vehicles:

E9X M3, including Coupe, Sedan and Convertible
E9X 3-series with E9X M3 front tension arm retrofitted
E82 1 M Coupe
E8x 1-series with E9x M3 tension arm retrofitted

$239

Order yours here:

http://www.hpashop.com/Rogue-Enginee...-E9x-M-TAB.htm
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 09-12-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Hi,

does this replace the same bushing as Dinan's lower control arm monoball kit?

Is the price per bushing or for a pair?

Thanks.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Hi,

does this replace the same bushing as Dinan's lower control arm monoball kit?

Is the price per bushing or for a pair?

Thanks.
Yes, these are the front tension arm/rod bushings or lower/upper control arms(different terminologies).

Price is per pair, a very good value.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep

Which compound would you suggest for a half-stripped weekend warrior/trackday car? Would "track" be overkill/not manageable on the street?
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Which compound would you suggest for a half-stripped weekend warrior/trackday car? Would "track" be overkill/not manageable on the street?
Street or the black bushings. The race or the blue is for track only car.

Just did this to my personal 1M. Steering, braking and over responsiveness are all improved. NVH increase is minimum.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep

Order placed
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Order placed
Love to hear your feed back on these wonderful bushings!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Hi Harold,
Thanks for offering this great option. I have been staring at the Dinan piece for a while and I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger. NVH is not an issue to me (Heck most of us have abnoxious but beatiful sounding exhaust anyways that takes care of that :-) ). Nothing is much scarier than approaching turn 3 at Fontana and wondering if some day that front end may become too compliant trying to treshold break LOL. I would definitely love to pull the trigger, but need a few advise

1. Is the Monoball kit any better (for a car that is 80% 20% street)?
2. Do they offer the FCAB (Upper arm), I have been holding off on the Turner FCAB?

By the way, thanks for all your help with my 1351. I will be hitting you up soon on my 135 once the body work project is done so we can bring the suspension up to full spec
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
Hi Harold,
Thanks for offering this great option. I have been staring at the Dinan piece for a while and I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger. NVH is not an issue to me (Heck most of us have abnoxious but beatiful sounding exhaust anyways that takes care of that :-) ). Nothing is much scarier than approaching turn 3 at Fontana and wondering if some day that front end may become too compliant trying to treshold break LOL. I would definitely love to pull the trigger, but need a few advise

1. Is the Monoball kit any better (for a car that is 80% 20% street)?
2. Do they offer the FCAB (Upper arm), I have been holding off on the Turner FCAB?

By the way, thanks for all your help with my 1351. I will be hitting you up soon on my 135 once the body work project is done so we can bring the suspension up to full spec
The monoball kit is really meant for a track/race car only, it would be way too much for a street car in terms of NVH. Although some people are okay with it. If you drive on the street at all, I recommend the street version of this upgraded bushings. The track version is still softer than the mono ball.

The thrust arm or tension arm is the upper arm in this case. If you are after the wishbone bushing, the M3 wishbone is what you want as it comes with a solid bearing and there is no need to upgrade that.

Harold
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep

Order placed for the bushings Thanks Harold. This upgrade for my E92M3 (Not for the upgraded 135 that has the oem M3 arms). How are they different from these:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-23...r-e82-e9x.aspx

Just wanted to make sure all front bushings are matched/or balanced
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
Order placed for the bushings Thanks Harold. This upgrade for my E92M3 (Not for the upgraded 135 that has the oem M3 arms). How are they different from these:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-23...r-e82-e9x.aspx

Just wanted to make sure all front bushings are matched/or balanced
Well, these are from RE and are urethane and give full articulation of the upper control arm without any bind. In addition, these provides the necessary control under braking and cornering loads. I have them on my personal 1M and love them!

The Turner version seem to be from the BMW Motorsport program or Group N, it's more of a race part than a street part, but it's rubber so that is a bit strange as most Group N parts are spherical in the past. The price point is a bit high for just two bushings in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep

Totally agree Harold. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't another arm bushing that RE didn't offwr. The RE bushings look amazing. Can't wait to install them!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

In stock!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Harold, which other bushings would you recommend to upgrade, besides this one? I see on your webpage you carry two other RE bushing kits. My car has 68k miles on it and at 52k, the engine mounts and diff mounts were trashed (pics are somewhere here on the forum). Am about to get coil overs and want a nice connected ride. NVH is not an issue, just look at my sig!

Thanks!
      11-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Harold, which other bushings would you recommend to upgrade, besides this one? I see on your webpage you carry two other RE bushing kits. My car has 68k miles on it and at 52k, the engine mounts and diff mounts were trashed (pics are somewhere here on the forum). Am about to get coil overs and want a nice connected ride. NVH is not an issue, just look at my sig!

Thanks!
This bushing is certainly a nice upgrade from the OE M3 rubber bushings, especially you have that many miles on them. The other bushing is more of a track/race bushing and will not be very compliant on the street.

The best coil overs for ride quality and performance in one package will be the Ohlins R&T. At softer settings it's Dr Jekyll and with the turned up it's Mr Hyde. The springs rates are soft for sport/aggressive street use and just firm enough for track days. Making the R&T a track coil overs simply means upgrading the front and rear springs along with a pair of camber plate.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

In stock!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
Whats the install look like on these, can you pound them in and out with a rubber mallet or do you need a shop with a press?

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #18
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
Whats the install look like on these, can you pound them in and out with a rubber mallet or do you need a shop with a press?
You will need a hydraulic press for this. You can remove them at home and take them to a shop with a press to help you with the rest of the install.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #19
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

in stock
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #20
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #21
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
bump
Do you recommend getting a new Tension Arm when doing this bushing upgrade? my car has about 57k miles on it.
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #22
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
Do you recommend getting a new Tension Arm when doing this bushing upgrade? my car has about 57k miles on it.
I highly recommended. That way you have a new joint as well and not have to worry about it failing down the road.
Appreciate 0