BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

03-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #89
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xi_dd_CT View Post
Any thoughts on how Silverstone II looks in person? From the pictures, I like the contrast between the paint and the black trim, and I like how it shifts to a light blue in certain light.

Seems like a lot of the cars I see are Jerez Black. How easy is it to see the blue tint in that color?
A short commute is a plus IMO. the reason is you can keep the car nice, not heavy wear tear. Take the long way to work, that's what I did. then when you do get to drive the car it's for pleasure use. I was always looking for excuses to get out and drive since I had a short commute. keep the miles low, resale high

the dct is very wife friendly.

Honda accord? f that. get the e90 m3. walk to your garage then get a boner because you get to drive that awesome machine

just make sure to have some warranty for issues

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #90
330xi_dd_CT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
A short commute is a plus IMO. the reason is you can keep the car nice, not heavy wear tear. Take the long way to work, that's what I did. then when you do get to drive the car it's for pleasure use. I was always looking for excuses to get out and drive since I had a short commute. keep the miles low, resale high

Honda accord? f that. get the e90 m3. walk to your garage then get a boner because you get to drive that awesome machine

So I was out when the driver showed up to deliver the car and my wife had to get it from the end of the street. She facetime'd me so I could tell her how to drive the DCT. I guess she only moved the gear selector to the right one time instead of two, because she immediately says "This car is so loud!" and then followed that up with "Its at 6000 rpm".
After she stopped and put it in auto mode, she was much happier. But here's to getting the car and revving to 6k rpm immediately on a cold engine

I brought it to work for the first time today. Its right at 4 miles distance and the engine got up to about 190 degrees with revs below 2500. Sitting at 21.8mpg between a quick trip to get gas and the drive into work this morning.

Friday, it goes in for new PS4S tires. Its a far cry from my 330xi and I'm loving it so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #91
TigerTater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP

Quote:
Quote:

So I was out when the driver showed up to deliver the car and my wife had to get it from the end of the street. She facetime'd me so I could tell her how to drive the DCT. I guess she only moved the gear selector to the right one time instead of two, because she immediately says "This car is so loud!" and then followed that up with "Its at 6000 rpm".
After she stopped and put it in auto mode, she was much happier. But here's to getting the car and revving to 6k rpm immediately on a cold engine

I brought it to work for the first time today. Its right at 4 miles distance and the engine got up to about 190 degrees with revs below 2500. Sitting at 21.8mpg between a quick trip to get gas and the drive into work this morning.

Friday, it goes in for new PS4S tires. Its a far cry from my 330xi and I'm loving it so far.
This thread is useless without pics!! Congrats on delivery 🚚
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #92
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:

Congrat's. You gotta find a longer way to work

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #93
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Congrat's. You gotta find a longer way to work
#justcarguythings
Appreciate 0