BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #331
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

That is correct and exactly what I was referring to. I used to work a lot of jobs in category 2 prior to college and now have a specialized skill that pays me well. I don't work nearly as hard now making 10 times as much as I did before. Its the second hand money that is the issue a lot of the time. Your category 3. If you fall into this group its hard to learn any kind of work ethic or have a clue about how it feels to be in either of the other categories and often will expect instant gratification without doing anything at all to earn it.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #332
Crotchety Old Man
In a home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 DCT M3

I'm teaching the girl to drive in the 6sp e90 M3. Her first car is going to be a MINI, I'm told by my better half. I have no problem handing our kid the keys to my car. She's trust worthy. After she gets her license and finishes a street survival course or two, I'll bring her up to drive Watkins Glen. As soon as she steals the inside line from a GT3 or a Z-06 going into the bus stop, I'll buy her something nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 02:15 AM   #333
yyoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

If you think promising a child a BMW as a reward for hard work will help develop his or her work ethic, read _Drive_ by Daniel Pink and think again. Research has shown that rewards like these are counterproductive.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #334
yyoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

Those teenagers who think they are skilled and mature enough to handle a 414 hp car as their first car are de facto not mature enough. Show me a teenager who understands the magnitude of 414 horses and respects and even fears the idea of having that much power at the disposal of his right foot, and I'll show you a teenager who might be mature enough to drive such a car.

Even then, is that teenager skilled enough to handle even 50% of the capability of the M3? Maybe...if they've been racing for years and have NASCAR or F1 scouts knocking on their door. And if the teen is not going to exercise the capabilities of the car, why get an M3 at all? There are other motorized status symbols that are much safer.

I've raced with the SCCA (Spec Miata) and have put in hundreds of hours at the track in lesser BMWs and I sometimes wonder whether the E9x M3 is going to be too much car for me. If you're a teenager and you don't have that attitude of respect for the M3, you're not mature enough, period.

Last edited by yyoo; 11-11-2011 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #335
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
What if this happens ===>CLICK

I must admit I had this feeling when I was out off town this past summer and my Daughter asked me on the phone "Dad can I have your M3 for a few days my car is in the garage" ... naturally I said yes, what else could I say then she is over 30 now and a very responsible Lady ..

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0