BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #23
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I can clear codes with the V-Gate, but can't code anything with it.

Is this their adaptor?

It's $75 now!!!???

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Carly...ords=carly+bmw

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #24
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I can clear codes with the V-Gate, but can't code anything with it.

Is this their adaptor?

It's $75 now!!!???

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Carly...ords=carly+bmw

I'm using this one, works like a charm: http://www.amazon.com/Original-BMW-B.../dp/B00DQTLE2A

Not sure what the blue/bugger and more expensive does that the cheap white (still Carly) doesn't..?

Edit: Now notice that the blue is WiFi while the white is BT. Anyhow, the latter does the trick.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #25
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
I'm using this one, works like a charm: http://www.amazon.com/Original-BMW-B.../dp/B00DQTLE2A

Not sure what the blue/bugger and more expensive does that the cheap white (still Carly) doesn't..?

Edit: Now notice that the blue is WiFi while the white is BT. Anyhow, the latter does the trick.
I think to stick with the known AND proven, is the best bet here.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #26
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I'm sure the Carly guy realized he could sell the dongles at a markup and make some money.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #27
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I'm sure the Carly guy realized he could sell the dongles at a markup and make some money.
Iam not an carly guy...I'm more of an artist....a singer, feel me?

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #28
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Unfortunately, I have an iPhone.
Can't believe they bumped the price of the dongle by that much.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #29
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have an iPhone.
Can't believe they bumped the price of the dongle by that much.
Why unfortunately? I use an iphone 6 and everything work's like a charm.
Note only with OEM carly WIFI dongle's life long guarantee on functionality is provided aswell as ( that's my favourite )
the in app technician/ mechanic support.
Button is called session log.
You got an car related issue, haven't got a clue what's the problem just send directly from your phone an session log file to Carly Munich. An certified technician is then helping you to point out the problem.
Now understand, that's for free...
No annoying appointment's at dealership's anymore for JUST guessing...
I would suggest you to use the coupon code in my signature BEFORE you order the Carly OBD 2 WIFI dongle.
And definately check the vid in my signature, that explain's the benefit's in a unique, humorous & special way
Thank me later or vote me for prez.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #30
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
I think to stick with the known AND proven, is the best bet here.
The one I have is known and proven mate. Bought it directly from the Carly guys. Again works without problems.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #31
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The one I have is known and proven mate. Bought it directly from the Carly guys. Again works without problems.

Cheers
I know brother, I just clarified it for newbie's.
Just got an information that Carly supports also idrive coding from now on!
DVD/ TV operation/ legal disclaimer/ PDC display similiar to the F-model's etc...IOS proved! Android in the making but soon available.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #32
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why unfortunately? I use an iphone 6 and everything work's like a charm.
Note only with OEM carly WIFI dongle's life long guarantee on functionality is provided aswell as ( that's my favourite )
the in app technician/ mechanic support.
Button is called session log.
You got an car related issue, haven't got a clue what's the problem just send directly from your phone an session log file to Carly Munich. An certified technician is then helping you to point out the problem.
Now understand, that's for free...
No annoying appointment's at dealership's anymore for JUST guessing...
I would suggest you to use the coupon code in my signature BEFORE you order the Carly OBD 2 WIFI dongle.
And definately check the vid in my signature, that explain's the benefit's in a unique, humorous & special way
Thank me later or vote me for prez.
So you're saying that dongle work with iPhone via Bluetooth?
That's why I said "unfortunately." I was under the impression you had to use Wifi for iOS?? Actually, the dongle linked above says it's for Andriod only.
It's BULL SHIT they're charging $70 for the wifi dongle unless they can show me why it cost 2 times more than other dongles.

What site does that coupon code work at? ivini-tech.de link is dead.
In the US, Carly directs you to buy the dongle on Amazon.

Last edited by aus; 12-01-2015 at 10:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 04:32 AM   #33
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Bluetooth or IOS wasn't sure!!!!

Last edited by vsix; 12-07-2018 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #34
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No,No,No!
I said OBD 2 WIFI dongle.
Their ivini-tech.de isn't dead, just tried it second's before and no problems at all.
As for the price,
just understand that all the stuff you'll be able to do once you purchase, only proven and guaranteed with the Carly OEM dongle's, is unbelievable and basically save's you a ton of money!
Starting with our coupon code where you upfront save 5 Euro's on every WIFI dongle you order, up to coding variation's as:
idrive coding
LCI rearlight retro fit coding
DVD/TV enabling
Angle eye's coding
all sort of hidden menue's activating
Battery registering

Then you can and that's for me my favourite after the abbility to read your exact oil level, sort out issue's on your own or get support by certified technician's from Carly located directly at the source in munich. All that with an in-app built session log feature.

Exact oil measurement:
There is no need for you to be afraid EVER again, to overfill...because that Carly app along with the OEM Carly dongle assure's you the exact oil level, before your in car built oil level indicator, get's it...

Now just think about it...
You have an CEL light!
You freak out...I know that, as I WAS that way BEFORE!
Now stress, time wasting, nerve's, appointment issue's with shady mechanic's only looking to rip you off....and who was the looser at the end?
Me & my wallet!
That's the reason I love that Carly app!
Now I see an CEL? I read it it, send over to Carly a help request over the in-app built session log feature.
Get a reply in an hour or two, know what's the problem.
Drive down to the next stealer ship order or swap part's and enjoy the BMW certified mechanic's faces, when Iam telling them what I'd like to be swapped, instead of their suggestion's!
I heard that more then one time:
"Sir, how do you knew what the problem was?"
Then I smile and say, Iam mechanically inclined and just know what's going on with my car
And you know what's then THEIR answer????
"Yeah, that way it save's you a TON of money"
Got me now?
To this day, it's for me unbelievable that such support, money saving ( Carly former BMWhat ) is possible to accomplish!
I mean all that operated by nothing but just our smartphone's?
WTF?
As for me, Iam happy I bought myself such a cool diagnostic & coding tool.
And I will do shit to pair my iphone 6 with an cheap knock off to fuck up my car.
If you want to order the dongle with the 5 Euro coupon over UK/US amazon:
Write an email to:
support@mycarly.com
containing the 5 Euro coupon code in my sig, all that BEFORE you order.
Then wait one or two days for their reply containing your special amazon coupon code (they are located in germany, different time zone )
For everyone else interested, check my funny vid I made....and maybe my singing skills on my non moneterized walkaround vid, he,he,he!
Funny vid dude.
I'm pretty familiar with the app. So it can do DVD in Motion and kill the iDrive Accept screen now?
Does it work on the F30/F80 now?

I don't know how you got the ivini-tech.de to work. I tried in Chrome and IE and get a picture of a wrench and "Die von Ihnen aufgerufene Domain ist nicht verfügbar" and below that "Sorry, but this domain isn't available."

So I have to email them to get the coupon code for Amazon?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #35
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Funny vid dude.
I'm pretty familiar with the app. So it can do DVD in Motion and kill the iDrive Accept screen now?
Does it work on the F30/F80 now?

I don't know how you got the ivini-tech.de to work. I tried in Chrome and IE and get a picture of a wrench and "Die von Ihnen aufgerufene Domain ist nicht verfügbar" and below that "Sorry, but this domain isn't available."

So I have to email them to get the coupon code for Amazon?
Thanks.
Thank's man ha,ha,ha, I really had a ton of fun making it
Yep, does all incl. F model's, It work's exactly like that.
Yeah if you want to order over amazon:
email them ( Carly ) and use the sig code, once you sent out to carly the mentioned code, they then provide you additionally an special amazon 5 Euro coupon.
Have fun & rock'n'roll, brother
Appreciate 0