BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

01-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #23
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post

Loving the M-Banter this post is generating guys.

Here's my .02 on the topic. The keyword is AND.

DCT AND 6MT. They are both phenomenal.

But my whole point of sharing this Moonstone, is for people to realize there is only one Individual Moonstone/Platinum ever ever ever.......... To me that spec will hold its own, and when people finally get around to realizing they missed the boat on the E92, (could be still 5-10yrs+++) out into the future, Individual colors will be the most sought after due to rarity and collectibility.... By that time prime examples of the E46 should be well over 100k... based on current Hagerty trends of +22% in 2018 alone....

In other news, if Electric cars are the future, that means classic collectors may start swapping Batteries into classic cars, which is disgusting in my opinion, and I firmly believe that when you take the "soul" aka "sound" aka "engine" out of car, you have nothing more than a reproduction, so why not simply start reproduction classics for those kind of people. Irving can park a classic XKE convertible with a 200 mile battery range next to his Moonstone....

Cheers
Interesting point, and I'd have to agree 😀. I do find the stock transmission feel of a 6mt e9x to be a bit lacking. Maybe the DCT is better mated out of the gate, but the manual can be sorted.

What about you? I'm curious which manual m3s you've driven and if they've been modified or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:06 PM   #24
jerseydirt
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkman View Post
that is incorrect.... unless you have your m3's redline raised super high. the gt350 has a 8200 redline. its a monster/beast of a car. just nowhere near as refined and daily driveable as an m3. i miss mine
I stand corrected on the GT350s redline. It makes peak power at 7500 rpm so I assumed this is at or near the rev limit. Apparently you can go another 700 past that. Definitely a beast of a car and worthy of respect. But I think my point still stands, that these are very different cars from the e92 M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:19 PM   #25
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

Good stuff OP. Only thing you missed noting is that this car's leather isn't just extended leather but "extended fine Corinthian leather"

And just for the record, If anybody would be willing to trade me their 2008 or 2009 Farrari F430 Scuderia for my M3, I would entertain offers. Plus some cash on my end of course.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #26
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90who View Post
Interesting point, and I'd have to agree ��. I do find the stock transmission feel of a 6mt e9x to be a bit lacking. Maybe the DCT is better mated out of the gate, but the manual can be sorted.

What about you? I'm curious which manual m3s you've driven and if they've been modified or not.
Never driven any modified 6MT M3's, except riding along shotgun, oh wait the Q was for Jersey Dirt.....

Last edited by healthnut; 01-22-2019 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #27
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv92red View Post
Good stuff OP. Only thing you missed noting is that this car's leather isn't just extended leather but "extended fine Corinthian leather"

And just for the record, If anybody would be willing to trade me their 2008 or 2009 Farrari F430 Scuderia for my M3, I would entertain offers. Plus some cash on my end of course.
Well hot damn, now that I know it has Extended Fine Corinthian Leather AND Piano Black Trim from Bavaria, I might just suck it up, and tell everybody I have a TIAG 1/9 E92 M3, that I would sell for the right price, and Irving can just step aside, as I am getting interested in this car myself now..... Thank you for your attention to detail brother!!!!!

Are you by any chance Doug DeMuro? I can just hear him saying, "OMG, This Moonstone even has Platinum Extended Fine Corinthian Leather, not just the extended leather, but you gotta touch this stuff, it is so supple. Ooo I was want rub myself against it."

Last edited by healthnut; 01-22-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #28
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Difference is I didn't have to do any of those things you mentioned to my AW zcp e90 and she looks darling. I get it, the car might be rare or 1:1 as you stated, doesn't change the fact that the color is just not that outstanding by any means, and I'm sure others agree.
That is why there are Horse Races. Moonstone is definitely one of those colors you must see in person to be able to give honest feedback. I saw my first moonstone on Autotrader last year in Las Vegas. She had Red Interior. I was like, huh? Then I saw (in person) a Moonstone with Blk interior (being advertised as Silverstone at a used car dealer last year....with silver ZCP's, and it made a lasting impression on me in person. Then I come across the grand finale of all 3 moonstones ever made, truly unbelievable.....And yeah AW is a classic E92 color, it is one of most produced colors, and it is also fair to understand why a guy who owns AW, would be not into one of the rarest individual colors out there period. It is all good. And I am sure your E90 is a little darling. They are phenomenal cars!!!! Hope you have a nav delete, slicktop!!!!!!!!

Last edited by healthnut; 01-25-2019 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Irving
Appreciate 1
Siajoon1862.50
      01-22-2019, 11:56 PM   #29
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep

Different strokes for different folks. Nobody's opinion is wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #30
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True. Do you know anybody WHO would appreciate this spec? I would kinda believe you'd know an enthusiast who will be able to scoop her up in the lower 40 range...

Last edited by healthnut; 01-23-2019 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #31
jerseydirt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Never driven any modified 6MT M3's, except riding along shotgun, oh wait the Q was for Jersey Dirt.....
If that question was for me then....no, I've only driven stock M3s with both SMG and manual. There is no question the SMG shifts 10 times faster than I ever could with a manual, and perfectly blips the throttle on each down shift. But for me, as long as I'm not putting food on the table by setting fastest lap times, my preference will always be the manual. I feel it is more engaging and provides more satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #32
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydirt View Post
If that question was for me then....no, I've only driven stock M3s with both SMG and manual. There is no question the SMG shifts 10 times faster than I ever could with a manual, and perfectly blips the throttle on each down shift. But for me, as long as I'm not putting food on the table by setting fastest lap times, my preference will always be the manual. I feel it is more engaging and provides more satisfaction.
Very interesting. I thought I was the only SMG fan in the universe, except Irving.... I like manual, and I am just a little lazy to want to engage it everyday in the concrete jungle of LA... That said, every time I learn more, I think a manual is probably the way a car is meant to be, but then again, I really enjoy the creature comforts of the DCT..... I am on the fence about doing a SMG transmission & engine tune, or possibly a 6MT swap on my e46...... Just enjoying the M experience for now..... Thanks for your feedback, it seems more and more enthusiasts prefer the true manual, but then again, there is me too..........
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #33
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Irving
Irving is on a cruise in Alaska right now, so we gotta focus on another audience... This Individual is not for everybody, I get it..... LeMans blue is a very nice oem color, but there will eventually be the right buyer for this stone.....
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #34
dinkman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydirt View Post
I stand corrected on the GT350s redline. It makes peak power at 7500 rpm so I assumed this is at or near the rev limit. Apparently you can go another 700 past that. Definitely a beast of a car and worthy of respect. But I think my point still stands, that these are very different cars from the e92 M3.
yep, your main point is tsill valid and i agree with you
i owned my e90 m3 for nearly 8 years. i couldnt stand the gt350 and got rid of it after 9 months
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #35
Eddybro
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne e90 and SG e92

Ummm so what's cool about this car other than the paint?..
      01-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #36
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro View Post
Ummm so what's cool about this car other than the paint?..
What color is your stripper?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #37
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

healthnut, you are pretty active in this thread, is this your car? I see you even changed the title of your thread!
Appreciate 1
E90who435.00
      01-24-2019, 02:08 AM   #38
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Very interesting. I thought I was the only SMG fan in the universe, except Irving.... I like manual, and I am just a little lazy to want to engage it everyday in the concrete jungle of LA... That said, every time I learn more, I think a manual is probably the way a car is meant to be, but then again, I really enjoy the creature comforts of the DCT..... I am on the fence about doing a SMG transmission & engine tune, or possibly a 6MT swap on my e46...... Just enjoying the M experience for now..... Thanks for your feedback, it seems more and more enthusiasts prefer the true manual, but then again, there is me too..........
Just curious, what manuals have you driven since I tried to teach you in the GT4?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #39
jerseydirt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Keep in mind though that I use my M3 only for fun and live in an area with lots of open and twisty roads. If I were commuting in daily traffic or lived in a big city, I'd probably take the SMG. This is why I never take sides on the 'which is better' debate. Everyone has different needs and wants so what might be best for me may not be best for someone else.
Appreciate 1
E90who435.00
      01-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #40
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just curious, what manuals have you driven since I tried to teach you in the GT4?
I had a blast learning in an M2 @Willow Springs, even drove an F8X M3 sedan in Java Green, which I almost must say, I enjoyed.... but the car is just too cumbersome, and the hood looks like your sailing a Cadillac from the driver's vantage point, nothing as sexy as an E90 cockpit experience.....Planning to Turo an E46 soon! I thoroughly enjoyed the GT4, and like being able to practice on a closed track, much safer, and more fun...............

Last edited by healthnut; 01-24-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #41
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
healthnut, you are pretty active in this thread, is this your car? I see you even changed the title of your thread!
Nope, I'm just the messenger.... I happen to be an enthusiast who is overly enthusiastic about rare Individual spec E9X cars when they appear. Posted this car hoping an enthusiast may be able to appreciate this specimen, as this will never happen again. Throw some silver ZCP's on her, and this car should be highly considered by any buyer currently looking at colors like Silverstone, Space Grey, White, the more subtle colors; as Moonstone in person looks really awesome...... I enjoy hearing from other enthusiasts about the Individual E9X, so please feel free to share your comments with us!!! This post is nothing more than Good Carma!!!!

Last edited by healthnut; 01-24-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #42
bimmerboi510
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Irving plays for the Boston Celtics.
Appreciate 2
E90who435.00
Soden82480.00
      01-24-2019, 07:12 PM   #43
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboi510 View Post
Irving plays for the Boston Celtics.
Kyrie is only 6'3", so he would definitely fit in an e92 quite comfortably...However I probably guess he's more of an M6 GrandCoupe kinda guy.... Don't quote me I've been wrong before, but I have a feeling this is more an Irving Rosenstein situation than a Kyrie Irving situation... Hey let's tag his instagram anyways, who knows?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #44
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only Irving's opinion matters
Appreciate 0