BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

01-29-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
bgexpress
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB E46 M3

2009 with 53k miles

Hi guys,

Been dreaming of owning an M3 for quite a while and now that I've finally graduated I want to pull the trigger. I really want to get a car with an extended warranty because if the motor goes I'm screwed.

Ive been looking on carmax, vroom and recently found this car on carmax. Its a one owner but it had a "moderate rear impact" in 2012. Besides that the car looks fantastic.

https://www.carmax.com/car/14129984

I was hoping for some opinions on the price because of the accident. Also the "maxcare" warranty is 4,000$ for an additional 50k miles. Are there better/cheaper warranty alternatives?

Also, is this interior fox red or an individual brown color? I can't figure it out in this light.

Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Jobe.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

The interior looks like fox red. In the description it says red.

Pros
Fox red interior
Carbon leather trim
Exterior color (Depending on preference)
One owner

Cons
Rear impact history
DCT (Depending on preference)

The price is a bit high considering the previous accident history and mileage, but that is to be expected with Carmax.

Carmax does have a good aftermarket warranty. You will need to keep it stock.

Due to the rod bearing issue with these vehicles I would recommend an oil analysis. Or just ride the warranty and keep up with maintenance documentation.

Also, if you aren't real familiar with these vehicles a good PPI with a shop that has experience with M cars would be a good idea. Inform them of the accident history so they can inspect the repair.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 12:19 AM   #3
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Price is just average IMO. Accident, decently optioned but missing some fairly common stuff - PDC, heated seats, enhanced sound. Interior is Fox Red, a standard offering. There's countless E92's to choose from if this isn't the one.

As always, don't fall in love with the pics + price, you gotta have any potential purchase professional inspected (PPI) at this point, otherwise it could cost you big time down the road.

I hate aftermarket warranties personally, but many here have them. I'd rather save that $ and just fix stuff on my own.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 02:41 AM   #4
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz
Price is just average IMO. Accident, decently optioned but missing some fairly common stuff - PDC, heated seats, enhanced sound. Interior is Fox Red, a standard offering. There's countless E92's to choose from if this isn't the one.

As always, don't fall in love with the pics + price, you gotta have any potential purchase professional inspected (PPI) at this point, otherwise it could cost you big time down the road.

I hate aftermarket warranties personally, but many here have them. I'd rather save that $ and just fix stuff on my own.
This...
And it's a buyers market at the moment...personally I'm not into cars with uhm "light damage" anywhere because it not only limits things when you sell price wise and finding a new owner that doesn't care, but if the work wasn't done to perfection can have deleterious effects on its handling capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 06:46 AM   #5
bgexpress
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LSB E46 M3

Thanks for the opinions, looks like I'll pass on this one. May have to wait for one to come up local before I make the jump since PPI seems to be very important
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
superiaultra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red M3

My personal opinion, I would never buy a car from carmax.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #7
mercedesc63
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgexpress View Post
Hi guys,

Been dreaming of owning an M3 for quite a while and now that I've finally graduated I want to pull the trigger. I really want to get a car with an extended warranty because if the motor goes I'm screwed.

Ive been looking on carmax, vroom and recently found this car on carmax. Its a one owner but it had a "moderate rear impact" in 2012. Besides that the car looks fantastic.

https://www.carmax.com/car/14129984

I was hoping for some opinions on the price because of the accident. Also the "maxcare" warranty is 4,000$ for an additional 50k miles. Are there better/cheaper warranty alternatives?

Also, is this interior fox red or an individual brown color? I can't figure it out in this light.

Thanks for the help
Stay away from it.

I've looked at quite a few that have been in accidents and some that have just been repainted.

I looked at one E90 with the nicest most motivated to sell owner but unfortunately the door had been repainted.
      03-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #8
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
It does have the RARE SMG! Idiots!
Appreciate 0