BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #1
jscheibelhoffer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

**2011 M3 Convertible Questions**

Hello all,
I own a 2011 M3 convertible. It is in EXCELLENT condition! Mileage is 38,642.
In as much is I hardly drive it, I am considering BAT Auction.

It needs about $2,400 of repair to be virtually "perfect". The repairs are throttle actuators and EDC controller. The problem is battery drainage. I am using a CTEK charger to maintain the battery and the car runs great!

I have two questions for you guys;

1) Would it be beneficial to make the repairs and then sell or just sell as is?
2) Can anyone tell me what "package" my car has based on the VIN#, which is
WBSDX9C57BE584002

Thanks in advance!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

If it were me I'd take care of those needed maintenance items and then list it. Are the actuators currently failed, or you believe they're on the verge? If they've failed the car would be in limp mode, making it really tough to sell.

Looks like your car has the Cold Weather Package (headlight washers, through load system, & heated seats), Premium Package (power folding exterior mirrors, interior mirror with digital compass, universal garage door opener, etc.) & Technology Package (EDC, M drive, comfort access, nav, voice command, etc.). I also see these additional cost options - enhanced premium sound, DCT, extended leather, & 19" wheels.

The only things I don't see on the decoder are PDC (park distance control) & alarm. Competition Package & sunshades not applicable to the E93.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #3
tbuck
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2016 F23 M235i

+1 on making all repairs prior to listing. Offering something for sale with known problems will likely take more away from the value than just fixing the issues up front. Also it will likely be easier to sell. A properly presented car with records and complete maintenance history will get more attention and therefore more potential bids.

Be aware that convertibles are almost always harder to sell and have less value in the winter. Ask me how I know, lol! Your best bet would be to wait till early spring. The difference could be thousands in your pocket. GLWS
      10-04-2021, 08:28 PM   #4
jscheibelhoffer
Registered
Rep

Thanks guys! I was heavily leaning towards making the repairs... just nice to have a few opinions.
I believe the actuators are on the verge. The car still runs great. My mechanic (who has earned my trust) ran a diagnostic and believes this is the required work.

I live in South West Florida, where winter time is the perfect time to sell a convertible! For anywhere else waiting until Spring would be a wise move.

Thanks again for your input jiggz and tbuck!!! It is greatly appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 09:09 PM   #5
CTMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

I have had a similar mileage and spec E93 for a little over a year now!

PPI mentioned a battery drain issue too for me, and battery was replaced… not long after purchase I had to replace the radiator fan. My mechanic’s thought was that the failing radiator fan may have been the root cause of the battery drain. Anyway that’s all been taken care of now and the car runs great with no battery drain issues.

Good luck with your sale.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 09:33 PM   #6
jscheibelhoffer
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the information, Mike!!
Appreciate 0