BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

06-15-2021, 07:14 AM   #23
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am located in Texas, I initially went through her insurance and after a week of having issues getting any response from them and not even giving me a rental vehicle, I called up mine and this process is through my insurance. So I contacted my agent and was informed the adjuster they did not leave the company, but went on an indefinite leave. I cannot speak to a normal adjuster as I have to have a total loss adjuster. But since he is on a leave of absence and still with the company, I will not be reassigned a new adjuster and that it is handled by the "backup team" which has no phone number and only way to contact them is via email. So this is the email I drafted to them below with names and claim numbers removed. This is a total mess and once I get this claim finished and refunded my deductible after they recoup costs from other drivers insurance, I will be switching insurance companies.

Hello,

I am reaching out as my adjuster (Name Removed) is on an indefinite leave. I believe my vehicle is grossly undervalued, and that the damage will not be within the threshold of a total loss once the appropriate value is assigned to the vehicle and that the vehicle could still be repaired.

The E92 M3 (2008-2013) is an enthusiast car that is highly sought after across the country by other enthusiasts. Many are willing to fly across the country to purchase this model. It is the only naturally aspirated V8 BMW ever manufactured in an M3. Due to the high cost of maintenance of these M Model BMWs, the maintenance history of these cars play a significant role and a key metric in the value and what buyers are willing to pay. Vehicles with proof of key maintenance items such as replacement of rod bearings, throttle valve actuators, and all fluids flushed (transmission, differential, power steering, and coolant). Ownership history is also another metric used by enthusiasts. My father was the original owner and we have maintained full service records from this vehicle for the entirety of its life which I can provide as proof that all the services I have mentioned above were completed. I have also looked at comparable vehicles with no service history and many of the cars are listed for significantly higher than the value I have received from Liberty Mutual.

Also I noticed in the report that there are many features missing from my vehicle such as navigation (updated with BMW version North America Premium 2021-1), Electronic Damping Suspension Control, M Performance exhaust, M performance carbon fiber spoiler, and other miscellaneous upgraded M trims.

I would like to discuss these things with an adjuster if you could provide me contact information for me to reach out as well as provide any documentation you require. I hope that we can come to an agreement on the value of the vehicle in which Liberty Mutual will be able to repair my vehicle.
Nice and to the point letter, as a start. With the same gentle tone I'd also make clear that there is no way (in h-ll) that you will accept them not only trying to screw you over but also in a crazy unprofessional way. Pushing out their job due to what ever leave is outrageous.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #24
happydude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / F15 X5 35d

Hi just thought I would give an update on this. I know it has been awhile, but went through a lot trying to get it done.

I finally have my car repaired and back! Was about a 4 month ordeal. To sum it up I was able to get the value of the car up. However insurance still totaled the car because they said the initial repair cost was higher than the salvage value. With the increased value, I was able to buy the car back and get it repaired and have money leftover. Here is the best part, because the initial repair cost was lower than the value of the car, I did not have to do a salvage title and convert to rebuilt and still have a clean title.

Thanks for the advice and help initially. Glad to finally have the car back.
Appreciate 6
Davisca4552207.50
bhowelett125.00
dmz_m3114.00
PACarGuy683.50
GotV8?1050.50
      09-17-2021, 07:20 PM   #25
dmz_m3
///M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

Nice! Glad that it worked out for you and you're back in your car.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 01:31 AM   #26
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Good work OP! Congratulations!
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #27
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Awesome! It’s always a battle with them, but this time you won. Great job!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 09:57 AM   #28
AdonM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt

Glad you were able to get the car fixed up and back on the road!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 12:54 PM   #29
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
Hi just thought I would give an update on this. I know it has been awhile, but went through a lot trying to get it done.

I finally have my car repaired and back! Was about a 4 month ordeal. To sum it up I was able to get the value of the car up. However insurance still totaled the car because they said the initial repair cost was higher than the salvage value. With the increased value, I was able to buy the car back and get it repaired and have money leftover. Here is the best part, because the initial repair cost was lower than the value of the car, I did not have to do a salvage title and convert to rebuilt and still have a clean title.

Thanks for the advice and help initially. Glad to finally have the car back.
Thats awesome! Glad you got everything squared away, and having a clean title on top is fantastic!
      09-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #30
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3M, 2013 e92 M3, F15 X5

great story ,another E9X M3 back on the road
Appreciate 0