BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

12-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #199
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I just read this whole thread as in unbiased observer. I don't know the OP and have never heard of PSY. Their offers seem MORE than fair. Seriously bro, you are acting a little uptight. Your hood didn't fit. I get it. I'd be mad too. They offered you a refund and shipping as soon as you sent it back.

How is it their problem you have no replacement hood? Tough luck.

If I order a new TV from best buy because my old one was stolen and the one they sent me is broken, I cannot reasonably expect then to send me a new one BEFORE I've shipped mine back to them. Are you kidding me man??!? How old are you? I'm assuming early 20s because you clearly have no idea how the real world works.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #200
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

I've ordered a few cosmetic parts from pyspeed and never had any problems. In fact I spoke to Bobby on the phone and he was cool. They beat all other prices and shipping was fast. Seem professional to me.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #201
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscdman View Post
I just read this whole thread as in unbiased observer. I don't know the OP and have never heard of PSY. Their offers seem MORE than fair. Seriously bro, you are acting a little uptight. Your hood didn't fit. I get it. I'd be mad too. They offered you a refund and shipping as soon as you sent it back.

If I order a new TV from best buy because my old one was stolen and the one they sent me is broken, I cannot reasonably expect then to send me a new one BEFORE I've shipped mine back to them. Are you kidding me man??!? How old are you? I'm assuming early 20s because you clearly have no idea how the real world works.
+1

I've dealt with them in the past with a similar situation and they were more than accommodating.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #202
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I was sent a set of wheels/tires with the wrong TPMS sensors in them. I specifically was told that I would have the 2010+TPMS sensors, but when I mounted them, errors...

PYSpeed offered to send the replacement TPMS to a local tire shop, have me pay for the work, and they would refund me.

I was worried that replacing the TPMS would marr by brand new wheels, so wanted to take them to a place I always use. They were too expensive for PYSPEED, and they found a place 40 minutes away from me (instead of my 10 min trusted place) and sent the new TPMS there. Fine.

I took my Saturday and went to have them swapped at the place they wanted. 5 hours of my time. I paid them, and submitted the receipt to PySpeed in email and in the return box for the TPMS to PySpeed. No response for two weeks so I called them. "It will go out this week"...

No response for another two weeks. I called again, told the same thing. It took over 2 months to get reimbursed for their F-up, and only after I had to resort to getting pretty damn hornery with them.

I was a repeat customer, but no more. Refunds (due to their screw-ups) do not come easily with these guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #203
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:

Good points.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #204
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

+1

OP is surprised an A/M hood doesn't fit like OEM.. they all fit like shit.

OP is pissed that he doesn't have another hood to put on; no one's prob but OPs
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #205
DjZotic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Wow, WTF......any updates if this was resolved ?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #206
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Wow, not a shocker. Arkym has really taken a turn for the worse and they continue to mess up along with their PYSPEED pals.
      02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #207
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

OP - Was this ever resolved?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #208
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Whether or not any of this was resolved.. its seems that a thread like this is so damaging to company and their reputation amongst their target market segment, that it would be handled immediately and as discretely as possible.

I mean who else buys these parts besides us?? How could you allow your perception in the community to be completely undermined by lack of mediation actions.

I understand not being bullied into submission by a outspoken customer(not implying thats the OP's intent), but how much money has this thread cost these 2 companies(or 1).. particuarly ARKYM who hasn't even chimed in to defend themselves(regardless whether they have a leg to stand on)?

Who's running these businesses? I'd be gone in a second if this crap happened under my watch.

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 02-11-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #209
Mpatient
ScantilyClad
Rep
Drives: e90M3//e368//e28m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
Jackbenimble,

Like you said, the product was never bought through us and you have bought from another private seller. Installation for this matter does require countless adjustment and or tweaking to have it fit. The M3 hood does have a few adjusting locations. You can obtain this info by looking at the OEM installation guide.

As far as going beyond and giving our company a bad reputation, I think it's unnecessary. We never sold you the product. You have never dealt directly with us. We're just carrying a product as a distributor. The issue is between you, the seller, and perhaps Arkym (if the hood was made poorly). Not sure why your jumping in the thread and making accusations flaming our company. From what I'm gathering, your pissed at the fitment of Arkym products. There's no direct relationship with PYSpeed. There are other sellers who sell Arkym products as well.
This is in response to a post made awhile ago but just wanted to point out that this hood was indeed purchased from eric.

I understand you covering for your shop but the hood doesnt fit as it should and was purchased through pyspeed. I dont know who test fitted the products for pyspeed but maybe he needs to check his glasses. Heres the thread that states this hood was purchased from pyspeed through eric. either way i would have been getting the same product if it was purchased from another retailer, but that wasnt my point. http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747314
      03-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #210
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Exclamation Arkym and PYSpeed 0.1/10 *AVOID*

I have been receiving a lot of PM's the last few months about whether or not Arkym and PYSpeed made up for their f up.. Short answer: NOPE.

A lot of you know what happened and a lot of you don't, if you want to do some research the links can found in the same section as this. Some of you didn't agree with me and others did, in the end it doesn't matter to me because I wanted to make my case known and if I even stopped one buyer from purchasing an Arkym item I am very happy.

Arkym, we know you are still out their in your facility making crap hoods and bumpers (gotta admit your front lips aren't bad - even then only 50% of the time they seem to be a 80%+ fit). Ever since SEMA you guys knew the initial plan was to take me for every cent and not get me a new hood or give me a refund. Even when somebody on this forum agreed to leave his car there for a whole day, somebody I don't even know in person, somebody who would have gained nothing but would have still helped you guys regain your rep by showing your hoods have 'perfect fitment', and for all those are wondering who it is, he can make himself known if he so wishes but you all know him as a vendor and somebody who doesn't do bad business, never once.

You even tried offering me a front bumper and the funniest thing is, after shipping + paint I would have been in for over $1000! You think I would even want to put another Arkym product on my car after this hood?

PYSpeed, before you decide to come in here and defend yourselves like last time please just understand that BS will not be taken lightly from here on in. I posted a very small selection of emails last time (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=21) and people got to see the truth, this time I will not hesitate to post the whole set, that's not a threat, that's a promise. You guys gave me the run around with Arkym for the longest time and the last phone encounter I had with you guys went a little something like this;

** the old regular conversation of hey, how are ya etc etc.. then.. *

ME: Bobby if you send me over the shipping label tomorrow, I will send it back to you guys, and it should arrive right when I do, can I come to the shop to get my refund and you guys can inspect it when I'm there to ensure we're both satisfied?
BOBBY: Sorry, only the manager deals with giving refunds and he's on holiday. (Isn't convenient that whenever an issue arises these managers always seem to be on holiday? Why would the manager even go on holiday during one of the busiest times of the year, black Friday? Christmas?)
ME: Umm, OK, why is that? Every department has their own head officer, you can take my $$ but not refund it? Seems strange but anyways, just out of curiosity when will he be back?
BOBBY: Oh, the 1st of December so you will have come and gone by then.
ME: Bobby, that's Saturday, I will be there the following Tuesday so he will be back 100%?
BOBBY: Umm, yes sure he will be back, we will see what we can do.

Never seen anyone hang up the phone so quickly.

** end of call **

I have no hope of getting anything out of this, as it has literally been 6+ months, Arkym never even made an account to defend themselves, and PYSpeed is still a PYJoke.

There is another story I had with PYSpeed, when I received my rims from them there was a bend on the inside, they asked for pictures of boxes and all this other nonsense but by then the boxes were already destroyed (not that they were damaged upon arrival anyways as I wouldn't have accepted delivery). I had to pay out of pocket to get that issue fixed too.

I just wanted to update the community on my story because I don't want people getting trapped like I did. Anyone can say what they want, the only thing I know is from this point on they can reimburse my $$ (which I doubt will happen) but they can never replace my time which is priceless.

-BMW Fanatic
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #211
skidmarq
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Sorry to hear this, I've always had great experiences with PYSPeed (including prompt refunds when requested)...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #212
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Hmm I guess Jason decided to merge my new thread and skidmarq's comments into this one.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #213
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

bump.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #214
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Horrible, never buying anything from Arkym. Luckily I went through IND for my diffuser and they took care of me. GL OP