BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

07-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Thumbs down PYSPEED? More like PYJOKE

What was I thinking by writing such a great comeback review on these guys below? I'm stuck with a shitty hood and $2,000 out of pocket! Glad they got banned and I'm not afraid to show it.

Bobby@PYSpeed came through and I will be receiving a new hood shortly. To any prospective buyers of PYSpeed please do not be frightened to purchase, this fault was not completely theirs. Obviously Arkym did not make this hood up to par with the rest of them. I have not been told, been compensated or anything of the sort to update this post with a positive note. I will continue to support vendors and integrity may have been questionable at one point on their end but they held up their agreement and my problem has now been resolved. Let us hope the new hood is above par.

I will update this thread accordingly and add pictures + full times and dates either this evening or tomorrow afternoon but just so you can get a jist of the story..

I ordered an Arkym hood through these guys, a while ago and no doubt Arkym stuck to their time frame and if I remember correctly it was delivered to me in about 5-6 weeks.

My mine body shop in Calgary is 'Screamin' Paintworks,' I trust these guys from paint to shaved reflectors and you can ask anyone around here, they are one of the main go to guys in the city. Anyways, we went to the back, opened it up and noticed one of the edges had a lapse in the CF and it looked off but I thought hey you know if it fits good then you won't even see it. Come back to pick the car up, noticed it was off straight away and got in touch with Bobby@PYSPeed the next day. He tells me to send all these different kinds of pics, all angles etc etc.. I came through with his every request and he kept on telling me he would get back to me by so and so time, so and so date, never once actually came through on time. I always ended up having to call by myself, sometimes 3-4 times a week. He always says how Arkym have never had a problem with these hood and they all fit perfectly, but obviously not considering the hood even falls short of fitting properly on one side.

I went to other shops in the city; Maranello and Contemporary Coachworks, these guys are the big guns in Alberta that works on cars, I stick with Screamin' however because I know them. Anyhow, both of those companies said there is no way in hell the hood could fit and it was a poor piece, no questions.

I have to jet now but I will leave you all with a picture and a full write-up will be done soon. Also, right now Bobby gave me the choice of sending my hood in for inspection before they even consider a replacement even though you can just tell from the pics how bad the piece is. They also say I have to pay shipping both ways and on top of that I do not have a stock hood because my car was vandalized.

Now he has also stopped replying to my messages and I only got one reply back (a few days ago) because I mentioned I was going to come on here and post this. No phone calls, no nothing now.

--

UPDATE w/PICS

The gaps are killing me!!!!

Last edited by BMW Fanatic; 12-29-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
That sucks man. If they are gonna pay for shipping then by all means, send it back. A defective part is their responsibility.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Yeah there hood seems to leave a large, gap at the bumper and sticks up a little on either side of the fenders. It seems they never really addressed this. Hopefully they will work out something with you.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

That's strange, my Arkym lip and diffuser fit awesome and are really nice pieces.

If this truly is an issue with the product and not just an adjustment issue, getting a replacement likely won't help because they are all produced using the same mold.
      07-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Honestly, that fitment looks pretty reasonable for an aftermarket hood. Not sure what you're complaining about. Aftermarket will never fit like OEM.
      07-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Honestly, that fitment looks pretty reasonable for an aftermarket hood. Not sure what you're complaining about. Aftermarket will never fit like OEM.
Not necessarily true but I understand your point.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

More conerning to me over fitment issues is the lack of communication from the vendor. Lack of communication is a quick way to lose a customer. Wasn't there another thread where a customer had communication conerns? I myself also lost contact with them. The interesting part in my situation was that they asked for my cell phone number so they could text me a quote on suspension. They did that, but when I replied with a follow up question, they stopped responding. If I can't get responsive answers when I'm trying to give someone money, I have concerns over getting answers after I've paid out.... jus sayin
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

This is Bobby from PYSpeed and I have been trying to resolve this issue in the best way possible. Maybe there was some mis-communication, I tried contact via email and phone even during off hours plus weekend to ensure this is properly taken care of. The contact number that was given did not have a VMail box setup, so I immediately sent an email stating a call had been made.

The Arkym hoods are all made from the same mold and never had any fitment issue. The picture that was shown here looks like the install of the hood is too high and also I noticed the mis-alignment of the OEM fender. The OEM fender looks lower than where it is supposed to line up. It was mentioned there was vandalism/accident on the vehicle that wasn't clarified prior to installing this hood. I will try contact you again regarding the details.

When an issue occurs, I must follow the warranty procedure to ensure that both parties are treated fairly. Threatening on the forum when I am trying to communicate and solve the issue asap won't speed up or help the process. I realized you don't have a OEM hood, that's why I tried to see if it's install errors first before swapping the hood back for a warranty replacement which could take up to 3-4 weeks.

I'll give you a call again to see how we can resolve this. If unsuccessful, you can call us any time at 866-207-3722 during business hours as well.

Bobby ~
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
That sucks man. If they are gonna pay for shipping then by all means, send it back. A defective part is their responsibility.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaicher View Post
Yeah there hood seems to leave a large, gap at the bumper and sticks up a little on either side of the fenders. It seems they never really addressed this. Hopefully they will work out something with you.
I have seen other Arkym hoods installed and it seems like they really do have 100% fitment, not this one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
That's strange, my Arkym lip and diffuser fit awesome and are really nice pieces.

If this truly is an issue with the product and not just an adjustment issue, getting a replacement likely won't help because they are all produced using the same mold.
Created using the same mold is correct but there can still be a 'bad' one. BTW, love your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Check out other threads/pictures, this hood actually does have 100% fitment, just not in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
More conerning to me over fitment issues is the lack of communication from the vendor. Lack of communication is a quick way to lose a customer. Wasn't there another thread where a customer had communication conerns? I myself also lost contact with them. The interesting part in my situation was that they asked for my cell phone number so they could text me a quote on suspension. They did that, but when I replied with a follow up question, they stopped responding. If I can't get responsive answers when I'm trying to give someone money, I have concerns over getting answers after I've paid out.... jus sayin
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby@pyspeed.com View Post
This is Bobby from PYSpeed and I have been trying to resolve this issue in the best way possible. Maybe there was some mis-communication, I tried contact via email and phone even during off hours plus weekend to ensure this is properly taken care of. The contact number that was given did not have a VMail box setup, so I immediately sent an email stating a call had been made.

The Arkym hoods are all made from the same mold and never had any fitment issue. The picture that was shown here looks like the install of the hood is too high and also I noticed the mis-alignment of the OEM fender. The OEM fender looks lower than where it is supposed to line up. It was mentioned there was vandalism/accident on the vehicle that wasn't clarified prior to installing this hood. I will try contact you again regarding the details.

When an issue occurs, I must follow the warranty procedure to ensure that both parties are treated fairly. Threatening on the forum when I am trying to communicate and solve the issue asap won't speed up or help the process. I realized you don't have a OEM hood, that's why I tried to see if it's install errors first before swapping the hood back for a warranty replacement which could take up to 3-4 weeks.

I'll give you a call again to see how we can resolve this. If unsuccessful, you can call us any time at 866-207-3722 during business hours as well.

Bobby ~
Bobby it took you this long to come forward and again your points are not even correct, well most of them. Calling me at 10:30PM my time does not seem like an appropriate time to conduct business, also even if I do not have VMail setup, why can an in-depth email not be sent over before my consistency and being a bother occurs?

Also, please stop trying to make excuses. The fender is fine, the vandalism occurred on the front windshield and hood, nothing to do with the fender. You were fully aware my car was involved in this incident, I know this because I told you this. I'm not here to lie to M3post just so I can sabotage you guys, that is not how I work. You asked for the all the pictures, I sent them and you never once mentioned it was a poor job etc. The 3 shops I have stated are the best. Period.

Lastly, I have not made a threat against anyone, if you can show me were a threat was insinuated then please do and I will remove that section of my post. I do not appreciate lies on a public forum and I am sure these guys and gals do not either.

Please call me from your WORK PHONE tomorrow, random 408 calls late at night and not responding via emails is what caused some of this too.

PS; there were several members that contacted me because of the other thread that was made about you guys and I assured them they were in good hands because 'Bobby@PYSpeed' was taking care of me, if they step forward then great if not then it isn't the end of the world but the proof is in the pudding and sorry to say but this one just did not turn out quite so well.

PS2; I know it is against the forum rules to post PM, but is it against the policy to copy n paste emails? If not then I will be sure to post them up with times and dates. As I mentioned previously, I have nothing to hide, I am being completely honest but this situation has really wound me up.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Hope they get this worked out for you bro.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hope they get this worked out for you bro.
Thanks bro.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Thanks bro.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Yes, it was because of James that I ordered through PYSpeed. His recommendation.

Sucks that you have a hood that doesn't fit. I'd be disappointed too.

I hope this works out to everyone's satisfaction.
      07-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
Edmbimmer88
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3

Just to chime in, the body shops the OP listed ARE the top shops to go to in Calgary. When lived there my Acura has extensive damage from a hail storm and Screaming made her better than new. Also, they are not the cheapest place but the only please to take a car.

OP, good luck. Scratching this vendor from my to buy from list.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #15
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

FYI that is how the fender is suppose to line up. Nothing wrong with the fender.
      07-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #16
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
FYI that is how the fender is suppose to line up. Nothing wrong with the fender.
It's only cause the first thing a crappy company does is to blame someone/something else for the reason things don't work.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Yes, it was because of James that I ordered through PYSpeed. His recommendation.

Sucks that you have a hood that doesn't fit. I'd be disappointed too.

I hope this works out to everyone's satisfaction.
Thank you Julie! Cannot wait to see your ///M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmbimmer88 View Post
Just to chime in, the body shops the OP listed ARE the top shops to go to in Calgary. When lived there my Acura has extensive damage from a hail storm and Screaming made her better than new. Also, they are not the cheapest place but the only please to take a car.

OP, good luck. Scratching this vendor from my to buy from list.
Thanks bro. What made you move to eddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
+1

Quote:
It's only cause the first thing a crappy company does is to blame someone/something else for the reason things don't work.
+1. I remember when I put up a picture of it in the Gallery section, you noticed the fitment was off right away too. NVM, that was Powerbeast, I have included his post here too. Hopefully he does not mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
What problems? Hood seems to be very out of line.
--

Main post updated with pictures to show my fenders etc are fine. Also, just added pics to show poor fitment.

Last edited by BMW Fanatic; 07-18-2012 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #18
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

the title of this thread made me lol...

but seriously, i hope this issue gets resolved for you, i've been in contact with them for several parts, so it'd be good to see what the outcome of your situation is.
      07-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

I told you their customer service skills suck but you jumped on my thread defending them now you see why i made the thread.

Thank god i didnt actually buy anything from them and had to deal with them after the sale.

Good luck with getting your car straightened out and hopefully PYSpeed should return your money and pay for shipping. Its not your fault that the product wasnt up to par on this particular occasion.

PYSpeed- Why come up with lame excuses instead of saying no problem ship it back we will get you another one.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Created using the same mold is correct but there can still be a 'bad' one. BTW, love your car.

Bobby it took you this long to come forward and again your points are not even correct, well most of them. Calling me at 10:30PM my time does not seem like an appropriate time to conduct business, also even if I do not have VMail setup, why can an in-depth email not be sent over before my consistency and being a bother occurs?

Also, please stop trying to make excuses. The fender is fine, the vandalism occurred on the front windshield and hood, nothing to do with the fender. You were fully aware my car was involved in this incident, I know this because I told you this. I'm not here to lie to M3post just so I can sabotage you guys, that is not how I work. You asked for the all the pictures, I sent them and you never once mentioned it was a poor job etc. The 3 shops I have stated are the best. Period.

Lastly, I have not made a threat against anyone, if you can show me were a threat was insinuated then please do and I will remove that section of my post. I do not appreciate lies on a public forum and I am sure these guys and gals do not either.

Please call me from your WORK PHONE tomorrow, random 408 calls late at night and not responding via emails is what caused some of this too.

PS; there were several members that contacted me because of the other thread that was made about you guys and I assured them they were in good hands because 'Bobby@PYSpeed' was taking care of me, if they step forward then great if not then it isn't the end of the world but the proof is in the pudding and sorry to say but this one just did not turn out quite so well.

PS2; I know it is against the forum rules to post PM, but is it against the policy to copy n paste emails? If not then I will be sure to post them up with times and dates. As I mentioned previously, I have nothing to hide, I am being completely honest but this situation has really wound me up.
Thanks for the compliment! His response is BS. At the very least, the hood is too low, not too high. Good luck man! Hopefully it works out for you.
      07-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
TopSpeedM3
Douglas W
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Wow... I am sorry that looks horrible. The fitment is ebay at best (for lack of better words).

I have one of the early akrym motorsport splitters on my car and it fits decent. Not factory, but better then most aftermarket lips.

That being said its a tough market and maybe they are using a new source to build their parts.

Best of luck, and FWIW I would be returning that.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

I would definitely return the hood (and the tow hook for that matter).
Appreciate 0