BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

12-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #177
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Seems that PYSpeed have been removed as sponsors from the site and all related threads have been closed/removed. With one less horrible sponsor, I hope we can all move on from this and put the money where the service is. Admin please feel free to close this thread.
Interesting, I noticed the same thing for **********s, JSlevi SW, as well.
      12-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #178
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Awesome, seems they have finally learned their lesson the hard way. Maybe after some trust is returned to the consumer and bimmerpost they will be allowed back.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #179
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It's possible they didn't pay their dues or something, because why would all three companies be kicked out at the same time? It really might just be coincidence.
      12-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #180
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

There was no solution. I'm still stuck with the hood lol. But I still would say it's a victory, at least, no one else will get scammed the same way I did. Unless they've been living under a rock for the last 4 or 5 months.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #181
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Oh Sean oh Sean, here you sit conjuring up more lies on top of the mountain that already exists.

Explain to me a few things; why did Arkym stop replying to me? Conveniently right around SEMA time. Are they still at SEMA? Camping and waiting for the next one to begin? The whole 3-4 week turnaround thing was pure BS, you and I both know that. I had a SPONSOR of this board, that everyone knows and trusts, ready to leave his car with Arkym for ONE day, after we had already waited 5-6 weeks for them to confirm the hood was ready, and their reply? Sorry, you will have to leave it for 3 days. Lol, I thought any company of integrity would at least be good with having a schedule and knowing installation of the hood would only take 3-5 hours (Arkym's words not mine).

I came to San Jose, California. But nowhere in my e-mails/posts does it say I would sit down with you guys to get to a resolution. In fact, on my thread, I posted my e-mails with Arkym. Not with you because those ones are already out in the open and we (Bobby and I) have not exchanged some in quite a while, oh wait, since you guys decided to transfer me directly to Arkym, who by the way have NO PHONE NUMBER? BS #2 right there.

Before I was to leave for San Jose, 100% I called Bobby, absolutely no denying that fact here, just I have been up front and truthful about this whole process the entire time. How did that phone call go? I'll explain it to you in a shorter, more simpler way;

ME: Bobby if you send me over the shipping label tomorrow, I will send it back to you guys, and it should arrive right when I do, can I come to the shop to get my refund and you guys can inspect it when I'm there to ensure we're both satisfied?
BOBBY: Sorry, only the manager deals with giving refunds and he's on holiday. (Isn't convenient that whenever an issue arises these managers always seem to be on holiday? Why would the manager even go on holiday during one of the busiest times of the year, black Friday? Christmas?)
ME: Umm, OK, why is that? Every department has their own head officer, you can take my $$ but not refund it? Seems strange but anyways, just out of curiosity when will he be back?
BOBBY: Oh, the 1st of December so you will have come and gone by then.
ME: Bobby, that's Saturday, I will be there the following Tuesday so he will be back 100%?
BOBBY: Umm, yes sure he will be back, we will see what we can do.

Never seen anyone hang up the phone so quickly.

Why on earth would I even go through with that, he's lost every ounce of integrity that you guys possibly had. There's no trust, no confidence. For all I know, which is something I believe in strongly, you guys will just get the hood and give me ZERO refund.

So come on guys, where is the hood Arkym had initially made me for replacement? When will they be back from SEMA? When will you guys stop acting like clowns and thinking you are being completely truthful? I had let this come to complete rest and was willing to just drive with this crap hood until spring came around but you decided to come on this thread with more 1/2 truths and full lies? Come on guys.

PS; what happened to your vendor status? Forget to pay the renewal fee and now have to wait several days? Never seen that happen with the TOP board sponsors.

Have a great day PYSpeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
We're just waiting for our Vendor Status to be reinstated due to the renew date.

Your issues has not been taken care of because now your the one who is playing hide and seek here. Bobby had called you several times and left you messages regarding the issue. We offered you a refund if you ship the hood back. We also offer to give you labels to have the hood shipped back. Your last call to Bobby requested for us to do a full refund and refused to ship the hood back. So according to this, I'm not to sure who is right and who is wrong.

We're being totally fair to take back the hood after the fact that you have used the hood. You ran it on your car for more than 1.5 months. During the 1.5 months, we didn't question the condition of the hood. Through many retail policies, any merchandise purchase and returned must be in good condition. Running the hood for that long without storing it away already was an exception to this policy.

For all those that think we don't want to work with this customer, it's a false statement. There's only so much we can do when the customer does not cooperate with the resolution policies.

Also, BMW Fanatic stated that he would pay us a visit when he was in California, Apparently he never showed up. We were going to have a sit with him and come to a resolution.

As far as all this, I believe PYSpeed has already offered what was needed to solve the issue. To recap:
  • When we first learned of the issue, we offered to have Arkym help him with the hood adjustment
  • Customer and body shop seem to refuse and claimed that it's a bad product.
  • We negotiated for the customer to have a hood replace with a brand new one. Pending a 3-4 week turnaround time
  • Yes there was a delay to due issues with SEMA and other aspects which we were not informed of.
  • We offered to take the hood back after the customer used it for so long.
  • Customer refused to take off the hood and stated that he would have no hood for his daily driver
  • Customer called asking us to refund full payment without returning the hood.

I'm willing to work with you regarding this issue. But let's be fair to both parties. Looking to hear back from you.

Thanks,

Sean

Last edited by BMW Fanatic; 12-10-2012 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #182
Port Canaveral M3 driver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 M3 & 05 BMW R1200GS

Garage List
ARKYM. I Just cancelled my order for (2013 M3 Coupe) three pieces, front lip (SE lip) rear diffuser, trunk lip for a total of $2339.00. The main reason I cancelled was a lack of communication concerning delivery date. It's been about two months since I placed my order. My order was fully paid for. When you are spending thousands of dollars on their products and willing to wait for a build then at least they should call you or keep you on a production list so you know what is going on and advise you of production delays, lack of parts, what ever. Bobby at PYSpeed was very nice, very professional when I spoke to him by phone after no answer to e-mail after 4.5 days (perhaps I did not wait long enough on my part, am I too impatient?). I felt he was having problems getting confirmation from the factory. Bottom line, I asked for a refund and will re-think my next move. If this is considered a "cottage industry" (is it?) would you say I jumped the gun and did not give ARKYM enough time ie perhaps another month or two to build my three items? How long should it take to at least get a trunk lip done? I might have waited longer if I could at least get started with one piece, even if I had to pay a little more for shipping at this point LOL. I feel kind of bad for canceling but what should be considered reasonable time limits for ARKYM VS IND VS other CUSTOM/ TOP NAME builders of carbon M3 lip, rear diffuser and trunk lip parts for the M3? Plus best COMMUNICATIONS about your ORDER?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #183
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
sounds like a nightmare ,,, sorry to see this ,,, I guess we have to be on guard.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #184
doree610
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

wow, its crazy how you come to find reviews AFTER you place an order for a product. i purchased an Arkym front lip with PYSPEED in early October. don't get me wrong, the guys there have been prompt with their responses and very apologetic for the delay. however after 2 long months of waiting, my lip finally arrived yesterday, cracked and damaged right down the center.

Sean at Pyspeed has been helpful and looking into the matter, claiming the damage with UPS. but i don't know if i want to wait another couple months for another to be made. once everything is figured out with UPS, PYSPEED agreed for a refund. just hoping its worked out very soon, will keep everyone posted. really sucks, cause the arkym lip was my favorite.. and although in my situation this was probably the fault of UPS during its delivery. its still sad, cause threads like this isn't helping build trust into the arkym brand...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #185
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doree610 View Post
wow, its crazy how you come to find reviews AFTER you place an order for a product. i purchased an Arkym front lip with PYSPEED in early October. don't get me wrong, the guys there have been prompt with their responses and very apologetic for the delay. however after 2 long months of waiting, my lip finally arrived yesterday, cracked and damaged right down the center.

Sean at Pyspeed has been helpful and looking into the matter, claiming the damage with UPS. but i don't know if i want to wait another couple months for another to be made. once everything is figured out with UPS, PYSPEED agreed for a refund. just hoping its worked out very soon, will keep everyone posted. really sucks, cause the arkym lip was my favorite.. and although in my situation this was probably the fault of UPS during its delivery. its still sad, cause threads like this isn't helping build trust into the arkym brand...
Doree,

I talked to my manager and my boss. They are willing to try to ship you another lip by next week. If they are able to push a lip out in the mail by next week are you willing to keep the order? Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #186
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Wow. What a shocker.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #187
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Wow. I really hope this gets sorted out soon. It does get painful. I have finally given up on my $2,500 CF rear seat delete from peebee motorsport when they quit responding to my emails. Sometimes it's miscommunication, and sometimes it's just poor business practice (as you can easily compare vendors. Some are just top notch, good product, & no excuses). I wish them both best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #188
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbenimble View Post
I had a body shop fix a bit of the fitment but still not happy. My main concern pertains to the gap at the pillar. looks lke the coupe fits worse then my sedan yet im still not a fan, installed a Vis hood on an e46 m3 that fit better then this. and that cost 500 not 2k.

In all honesty im slightly glad I spent less then half price as thats what the hoods worth at the most. Also I enjoy the fact that PY's customers base will diminish in this community due to this thread people need to know these people are trying to make a huge profit on pennies..I would never wish bad on someone but I hate bullsh*t retailers even if most of them just want your money..but not in an enthusiast based community, this should be the least of our concern.
Jackbenimble,

Like you said, the product was never bought through us and you have bought from another private seller. Installation for this matter does require countless adjustment and or tweaking to have it fit. The M3 hood does have a few adjusting locations. You can obtain this info by looking at the OEM installation guide.

As far as going beyond and giving our company a bad reputation, I think it's unnecessary. We never sold you the product. You have never dealt directly with us. We're just carrying a product as a distributor. The issue is between you, the seller, and perhaps Arkym (if the hood was made poorly). Not sure why your jumping in the thread and making accusations flaming our company. From what I'm gathering, your pissed at the fitment of Arkym products. There's no direct relationship with PYSpeed. There are other sellers who sell Arkym products as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Canaveral M3 driver View Post
ARKYM. I Just cancelled my order for (2013 M3 Coupe) three pieces, front lip (SE lip) rear diffuser, trunk lip for a total of $2339.00. The main reason I cancelled was a lack of communication concerning delivery date. It's been about two months since I placed my order. My order was fully paid for. When you are spending thousands of dollars on their products and willing to wait for a build then at least they should call you or keep you on a production list so you know what is going on and advise you of production delays, lack of parts, what ever. Bobby at PYSpeed was very nice, very professional when I spoke to him by phone after no answer to e-mail after 4.5 days (perhaps I did not wait long enough on my part, am I too impatient?). I felt he was having problems getting confirmation from the factory. Bottom line, I asked for a refund and will re-think my next move. If this is considered a "cottage industry" (is it?) would you say I jumped the gun and did not give ARKYM enough time ie perhaps another month or two to build my three items? How long should it take to at least get a trunk lip done? I might have waited longer if I could at least get started with one piece, even if I had to pay a little more for shipping at this point LOL. I feel kind of bad for canceling but what should be considered reasonable time limits for ARKYM VS IND VS other CUSTOM/ TOP NAME builders of carbon M3 lip, rear diffuser and trunk lip parts for the M3? Plus best COMMUNICATIONS about your ORDER?
I apologize for the issue and the lack of communication through email. The backorder status and production status isn't something we can control as it's in the hands of the manufacturer. In your stance, don't feel bad for cancelling the product. We give all customers a timeframe for the products turnaround time. The manufacturer quoted us that time frame. If it's not met, we're happy to process the refund. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doree610 View Post

We're working with UPS on the issue. You should have received a PM from me regarding updates, options, and how to proceed. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #189
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Wow, my front lip and rear diffuser are really nice pieces (fitment and quality). I bought them used though so I didn't have to deal with these people.

GL guys!
      12-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #190
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
Guess I'll have to say, we apologize that you feel that way. Our manager was indeed out during the holidays. In fact, you can PM Eric@pyspeed.com. He's the head manager here. He knows about the situation.

Never was I trying to put anything in your mouth or "BS" about the things that are going on. Your conversation with Arkym isn't something we know about. How come they don't respond to you? I'm not too sure.

No where were any of the information I stated as a lie. I advise all readers/forums members/enthusiast to read through all your threads and all mine.

Our offer here still stands, once the hood get's back here. Refund will be given after inspection. You will have documented tracking number with delivery status. We have never failed to refund anyone here on problematic products. We've only failed to receive products back.

Here's the offer from November in the other thread:

We will leave the discussion here. The offer has been given. If you want to follow through; email Sean@pyspeed.com or Eric@pyspeed.com, since you think Bobby isn't someone you want to work with. Further discussion of this case seems unnecessary since the policies stated in my two post seem to be fair and legit. We'll leave the offer open for 7 business days (after that, we'll just have to say sorry).
From this point, I think we can tell who is actually playing around:b arf:
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #191
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Looks like it finally happened. I wonder what the tipping point was:

The shady business practices I posted about on my feedback thread permeate in a couple over pyspeed feedback threads.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #192
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Looks like it finally happened. I wonder what the tipping point was:

The shady business practices I posted about on my feedback thread permeate in a couple over pyspeed feedback threads.
Seems like all PYSpeed members have been banned! Got what they finally deserved!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #193
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Seems like all PYSpeed members have been banned! Got what they finally deserved!
Its a shame it had to come to that. If they had acted a little more maturely, they probably wouldn't have been banned.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #194
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

^ Yup
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #195
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

I guess they're Debanned. Sad day.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #196
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Arrow

I hope I get my wheels by the 3rd of January or I will be filing a claim with my bank and have them refund me my money, tomorrow will make 30 days since shipped and 45 since ordered. 30-45 days is what USPS Parcel takes to APO at day 46 the claim will be submitted.
      12-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #197
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
I guess they're Debanned. Sad day.
still shows banned for me
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #198
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

For what it's worth, and I might be an exception here, but they have finally come through on my 3D order. Just received it today. For some reason, it says it came from IND even though I ordered through PY. Go fig....maybe it's an arrangement. Anyways, Sean and Eric have been top notch to me...Bobby...he's another story. I have full faith in them again.
Appreciate 0