BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
BMW to launch 22 products in 2009 and 2010

Very Good news!
Source: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/11/bm...2009-and-2010/
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
noro
Colonel
Armenia
Rep
Drives: '91 M3, '04 E46 ZHP, '72 2002

Company is loosing focus for the sake of dollars (or euros to be more precise). Notice how when you hit the Toyota site there are like 40 different cars they make. BMW is turning into a similar company. In a decade they will be nothing more than just another car company.

Might be a good thing thought, I will finally push myself into the Porsche brand. Cayman is the next vehicle in line for me if I can get away with a coupe next time.

Goodbye BMW, if you ever want to get back to making awesome cars you can come play with my M3 for a while to remind you of what you once were.
      04-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
JeffL
Major
Rep
Drives: C63

Oh no they are really making that 5 series GT?
      04-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
DrunkOnJ20
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP E90 :(

Their range is getting way too crowded.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashandburn45 View Post
first
first what...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
Company is loosing focus for the sake of dollars (or euros to be more precise). Notice how when you hit the Toyota site there are like 40 different cars they make. BMW is turning into a similar company. In a decade they will be nothing more than just another car company.

Might be a good thing thought, I will finally push myself into the Porsche brand. Cayman is the next vehicle in line for me if I can get away with a coupe next time.

Goodbye BMW, if you ever want to get back to making awesome cars you can come play with my M3 for a while to remind you of what you once were.
I believe the correct analogy would be to compare them to Mercedes, not Toyota. If you really believe that by making more cars the company is "loosing focus" and you won't buy any more from them is frankly stupid. Who says they're not going to continue making excellent cars? Who says that all these new products aren't going to be just as amazing to drive as before?

What you really said is that BMW is getting too common, and that you don't want to be associated with the masses, so you're going to go to a more "exclusive" brand. Don't get your reasons confused.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeep View Post
first what...?

I believe the correct analogy would be to compare them to Mercedes, not Toyota. If you really believe that by making more cars the company is "loosing focus" and you won't buy any more from them is frankly stupid. Who says they're not going to continue making excellent cars? Who says that all these new products aren't going to be just as amazing to drive as before?

What you really said is that BMW is getting too common, and that you don't want to be associated with the masses, so you're going to go to a more "exclusive" brand. Don't get your reasons confused.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Meh,
Other than the 5 series GT, most of these are minor variants of existing models and a bunch of them wil be low volume to boot. Aside from the obvious lack of capital resources that all car manufacturers have now, I wonder what's determining their strategy? Are they looking more at China than at other markets now?
      04-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeep View Post

There is a sense of complete sense () in every Mercedes they make. Granted the GL and the R Class let the side down a bit with their excess but they will never do an E class hatchback and call it a "GT". The only thing Mercedes ever promised anybody was unparalleled quality and prestige, which they deliver in spades.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Meh,
Other than the 5 series GT, most of these are minor variants of existing models and a bunch of them wil be low volume to boot. Aside from the obvious lack of capital resources that all car manufacturers have now, I wonder what's determining their strategy? Are they looking more at China than at other markets now?
No, they are looking at the U.S. market, their biggest one already. With the imminent bankrupcy of GM and the not so good future of Chrysler there will be a potentially huge void to fill in the U.S. so they may want to offer as many opportunities to the americans and canadians to buy their products.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
There is a sense of complete sense () in every Mercedes they make. Granted the GL and the R Class let the side down a bit with their excess but they will never do an E class hatchback and call it a "GT". The only thing Mercedes ever promised anybody was unparalleled quality and prestige, which they deliver in spades.
I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
No, they are looking at the U.S. market, their biggest one already. With the imminent bankrupcy of GM and the not so good future of Chrysler there will be a potentially huge void to fill in the U.S. so they may want to offer as many opportunities to the americans and canadians to buy their products.
Because obviously the Americans and Canadians are going to find that they have an extra 20 thousand dollars laying around and can afford a BMW?
Appreciate 0