BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

08-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
E92M3GT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Anyone with JBSpeed CF splitters ?

How about quality ?

How about fitment ?

They are half the price of OEM, but I was wondering if quality is Ok...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Got a set on the UPS truck right now. Will post up when I get em.
      08-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Looks like the eBay one's all charge $100 for shipping now.

I'm also wondering if there's a difference between the JBSpeed and E92-Lighting ones??

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
M3Carbon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3GT
How about quality ?

How about fitment ?

They are half the price of OEM, but I was wondering if quality is Ok...
100% satisfied with mine. Had mine for 3 months without issue. I've posted about them before, but my advise still remains. Take the time to install the second u-clip and screw on the bottom. Also, when installing, add tape to the corner extensions for a completely flush fit. Loose fitting reveals that the splitters are approximately 1/4" short on top of the black duct transition. This gap can be alleviated by pressing the splitters in before adhering the tape.

As a side note, I applied sealant to mine (CG M-Seal) and have had no issues with UV fading.

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

JB Speed CF Splitters

Mine arrived well packaged and unharmed from the trip through the Post Office. CF finish is really good. Fitment is very good also. M3Carbon's comments are spot on. You will need to 2nd clip and screw the bottom to get the seams aligned, and tape seams and corners of the extensions. I am going to have them integrated into the bumper for a seamless look. Reflectors are going away and those openings contoured as if the reflectors were never there, then full bumper repaint. My body guy says the the splitter fitment will make it a much easier job for him. He does a lot of racing 911s and Ferrari restorations and a lot of, well, lesser cars let's say so has seen his share of world class and lousy aftermarket body treatments.
      08-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Personally, I wouldnt mold the splitters to the bumper. The first time you crack/break one, youre gonna have to completely redo the entire front bumper, rather than just the splitter.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

I think it's hit and miss with these. I ordered mine in march and they fit very well and am 100% happy with them. I gave praise to them and my buddy ordered a set. His unfortunately did not fit nearly as well as mine.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
M3Carbon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
I think it's hit and miss with these. I ordered mine in march and they fit very well and am 100% happy with them. I gave praise to them and my buddy ordered a set. His unfortunately did not fit nearly as well as mine.
This is unfortunate. Since they are vacuum formed it is unlikely that a huge dimensional variation would exist. However, it would be worth contacting JBSpeed to inquire.

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #9
zeeman335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2001 M3

I have them and they are great. Fitment seems pretty good but the only problem is that you will see the color of the car between the cf splitter and the air intake vent. I had to put black pinstripe to cover it up. I hope it makes sense. If not i can show you a picture of where exactly.

Otherwise i am very very pleased with them and i highly do recommend getting them from JBSPEED.
Appreciate 0