BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

07-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #133
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
You don't have to post your personal return. All you need to post is the little snippet in the fine print that says you're guaranteed 11.5% (or 11-14%, or whatever it says).

If you just posted a picture of a $500k account that accrued 11.5% in interest one year, that doesn't tell me anything. I don't care about that. That's what your 1099-INT would show me, but that doesn't tell me anything.

I only care about the part that talks about the guaranteed 11-14% APY. And I'm just curious as to why HSBC Australia's online account says something completely different for investments in the $1 - $1,000,000 range.
FWIW, my part of the trust is that range. Actual trust is in millions and is split with my 12 cousins. I get more money every 5 years as long as I work and it started when I turned 25.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #134
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Americans bank are hovering around 1% and checking online won't do you any good dude. Can you please go into an HSBC and show them you actually have a $500k portfolio? Talk to me then. Like I said, I don't care and don't about investments much but that is where my grandma's trust is and earning that much. Me and other trustees get an 1099-INT end of the year which goes on our tax returns. Sorry you had to type up an essay for nothing.
For someone who was given that money and did not earn it, you sure do talk down to people with less money than you a lot... very disrespectful. You know there are people in this world who were born with nothing and had to work hard to earn the stuff they have right? We were not given huge trust funds. We are not given extra money just for working.

Your incentive for working is to make more money ("I get more money every 5 years as long as I work and it started when I turned 25.").

You want to know my incentive for making money?

Not being homeless.

Please try to show respect to people who have worked hard to establish themselves. No, most of us do not have $500k cash. But what part of "being born into a wealthy family" makes you better than any of us?

Congrats on being born into a wealthy family. But talking down to people less well off than you is very rude and will not get you far in life. Though it doesnt really matter since you are already financially set for life
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #135
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

^ not sure where i saw any talking down. some people were born rich, some people were born tall, some were born with aids. somebody in his gene pool worked pretty hard for it (unless he did it the old fashioned way: taking it from someone else)

trust funds are usually not savings accounts so a 10% return is pretty believable if it's handled by a good manager.

inb4 someone uses the tired penis measuring analogy. sorry no sympathy here for the poor, i've been there before myself. and being poor does not mean you're a better person, i've been through plenty of poor a-holes in my time. and they almost always play that spiritual materialism card. that reminds of a lunch i had a few years ago with someone i considered a friend. he's poor, educated, a self-proclaimed devout christian. i offered to pay for lunch because i saw him as a friend and it had been a while. guess what? he mumbled some bs and threw a 20 at me. yeah, real cool.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 07-15-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #136
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Funny how all this bullshit started because a guy who drives an M3 lives with roommates. Everyone should mind their own business.
      07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #137
kihun
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

i would kick his ass for sure.
      07-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #138
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Funny how all this bullshit started because a guy who drives an M3 lives with roommates. Everyone should mind their own business.
If that were the case then there wouldn't be any threads worth posting on
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #139
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosster hymen View Post
some were born with aids.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #140
supLOL
Banned
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" E89 Z4

No one on this site ever answers the question the OP asks, they just give their opinion on an entirely different matter.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #141
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
For someone who was given that money and did not earn it, you sure do talk down to people with less money than you a lot... very disrespectful. You know there are people in this world who were born with nothing and had to work hard to earn the stuff they have right? We were not given huge trust funds. We are not given extra money just for working.

Your incentive for working is to make more money ("I get more money every 5 years as long as I work and it started when I turned 25.").

You want to know my incentive for making money?

Not being homeless.

Please try to show respect to people who have worked hard to establish themselves. No, most of us do not have $500k cash. But what part of "being born into a wealthy family" makes you better than any of us?

Congrats on being born into a wealthy family. But talking down to people less well off than you is very rude and will not get you far in life. Though it doesnt really matter since you are already financially set for life
Dude my sincere apologies if anywhere it felt like that I was talking down on someone. I was simply trying to say that just online search doesn't tell you everything. There's a lot of different plans and stuff and I don't even know if it's an savings account or what. All I know is I get a decent 4 figure amount every year from the trust which goes back and reinvests and one day I will get all of it. I am just a normal guy who was a pizza boy, went to school and now am a CPA. The side income is great but I don't slack off in my life because of that. I work hard and pay for everything with my own money. Again, very sorry if you felt I was an arrogant asshole.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #142
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Haters gon Hate. But seriously, 11-14% returns on a savings acct? Hook a brotha up son.
      07-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #143
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

This went from roommate driving M3 to investment arguments. Talk about off topic.
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #144
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by supLOL View Post
No one on this site ever answers the question the OP asks, they just give their opinion on an entirely different matter.
Yes, but at least they are kind enough to loosely adhere to the OP's question for the first page.

Generally they wait till the second page to really digress into an entirely different area with a very miniscule relationship to anything that the OP was actually interested in!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #145
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post

Also,
Don't pop BadazzM's bubble ... 10%+ per cent returns
his father told him he was an investing genius.. or that's what he 'gives' him on his 'investment' .. WELL DONE SON !
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #146
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Have sex with his girlfriend. It amounts to the same thing.
Very good analogy that gets the severity of the point across.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #147
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Rodeo View Post
You need to rent places with nicer bathrooms.

Mine has a nice radiant floor, a lovely dual all Italian tile shower with a seat and large sliding glass doors, Grohe fixtures, a Jacuzzi, in-wall speakers, and LCDs in transparent vanities.

A little over the top for my personal tastes, but would cost me big money to reproduce. Plus who has time to remodel a bathroom?
I only buy, I don't rent.
And regardless, most places don't come pre-equiped with rainfall showers. And it isn't just the shower head sometimes. You need to do a lot more work (for the good kind)
      07-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #148
supLOL
Banned
Rep

Everything I own, I bought on straight cash, son.

My house? Cash, son.

My car? More cash, son.

My 30" chrome rims? Cash, son.

My purple Escalade? Cash, son.

My penthouses in Moscow, LA, New York, Paris, Toronto, Geneva, Mumbai, Tokyo and Beijing? COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF CASH, son.

All my investments typically yield a net return of about 60%-70%. Anything less and I convert that to cash, son. I don't have time for little bitch investments.

Roommates? Yeah, I guess you could say I got roommates. Got a hoe living in each pad, ready to go 24/7.

The other day, I was buying some gum. Damn clerk was like "Cash or credit?"

I was like "Maaaayyyne. Whatchu thank?"

Moral of this stupid story. Everyone's a baller on the Internet. Everyone knows what they're talking about. Everyone should just stop telling the OP how to live his life and instead help him plan what seems to be his first murder. Never drive a mans M3 without permission.

I'm pretty sure the reason Jesus died for us is because frickin' Adam and Eve took a joyride in Gods M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #149
supLOL
Banned
Rep

Sorry, I've been going a little overboard with the MDMA recently...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #150
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
This thread got interesting.
      07-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #151
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

People talking about an M3 like it's a fucking Ferrari. You can get an E9X M3 for $35K all day.
      07-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #152
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I started on page one, and I was pretty sure someone drove OP's M3 while he was gone, but I got some really good financial advice, along with a pretty decent amount of laughs from all the gracious boasting of others life accomplishments.

Taking the car without your permission is like grounds for theft, which would be a pretty rash reaction considering it is your roommate. However, I would at least work up some kind of deal where he will pay you or cover some portion of your rent, to be a respectable friend (if that's what he is). Realistically, it is only a vehicle, and roommates will be roommates, at least he didn't jack off all over the back seats or destroy it (plus its a lease). I would take it more as a lesson learned to not leave the keys behind if it is a car you value.

Remember, worse things could have happened.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 02:27 AM   #153
Vddr
Rep
Drives: AW E92

Quick update - so basically I got back and found that half of the right front wheel had curb rash on it...couldn't even believe it was possible to accidentally curb a wheel so badly. Also, front left was curbed about an inch. He admitted to taking the car out four times, three to and from work, and once to a party

Room mate was genuinely sorry...but I was pissed enough that I basically gave him an itemized bill that included an oil change, detailing inside and out, one new wheel plus cost of balancing mounting etc., and a "rental rate" based on a per day fee multiplied by 4

I know that basically for $150 you can resurface a wheel and get rid of all the curb rash, but to make a point here I'm buying a new wheel and will ship him the one that he damaged
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #154
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

^ punitive damages, lesson learned
Appreciate 0