BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

11-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
munkey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

FS: 2011.75 LeMans Blue E90 6MT - 29k miles - Warranty!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I've had this car for 2.5 years and I am the second owner. Very low mileage and fully maintained. Clean carfax and autocheck available upon request.

I bought the car as a single owner car with around 15k miles on it in August of 2017. When I bought the car I also bought a 5 year, 60k mile extended warranty. So this car has available a warranty through August 22, 2022 and up to 75k total miles, with $100 deductible. I've used the warranty already to cover an issue with the comfort access where it wasn't recognizing the key and they replaced it, no questions asked. At the same time they put in a new valve cover gasket since I had a minor leak. Everything was done for $100 at the local BMW dealership.

Current mileage is 29,200 and I''m trying to avoid driving the car so it shouldn't go up too much I hope.

Last digits of VIN are: E699118

The car is LeMans Blue with black interior and aluminum trim. It is almost fully loaded, with all options sans the competition package. So it includes extended leather, sunroof, seat heaters, etc.

Last summer I had the whole car paint corrected (multi-step) by a well respected local shop call TLC auto detail. They then applied a 7 year modesta ceramic coating to the paint, and also applied modesta to the wheels. This cost around $2500 and works like a charm! A simple wash has the car gleaming.

The car is currently stock except for oem black chrome grille, and paint matched side markets. Stock parts available.

The OEM wheels on the car now have a set of Michelin PS4S with less than 2k miles on them which I purchased this summer from costco.
I also have available a set of OEM E9x 335i Sport Wheels with bridgestone blizzaks on them. However the blizzaks are pretty old age wise, although the tread is full.

When I purchased the car in 2017 I did a full change and flush of all the fluids of the car at RRT in Sterling, a well renowned bmw/race shop (have receipts). Since then I have had the oil changed twice; basically once a year due to the low mileage. I also did a brake flush earlier this year.

The positives:

- Low mileage
- Long warranty with great coverage and low deductible
- Paint corrected and protected
- Best color imo
- Tires like new
- Clean carfax/autocheck (available upon request)

Negatives:
- Before I bought the car from a dealer in Chicago, there was apparently a dent in the rear quarter panel which they took to a PDR shop. I can find no evidence of the damage but something was there apparently.
- The underside of the front bumper is pretty scraped from hitting low stuff like going up a steep driveway (see picture)
- Likewise the felt undertray is torn, like so many of these cars
- Multiple small rock chips and a couple of door dings from commuting in the area. I have a bottle of dr colorship i did not use yet but I may try to fix these before selling

I'm trying to include every single thing so any prospective buyer has a full picture. The car is in excellent condition, with minor cosmetic issue commensurate with a car which has been used to commute.

$33,900 to account for all the known concerns (Please see update from a PPI, below (post #8))

If I cancel the warranty I will get $2,200 back. If you want the warranty with the car I will sell it with the car for $36,000.
Located in Herndon, VA

Attached Images

Last edited by munkey; 01-02-2020 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep

GLWS for a near-twin to my car! You might want to contact EAG...they're in the market for 2011 E90s right now

Le Mans Blue '09 BMW M3 Sedan - Current
Polar Silver '04 Porsche GT3 - Gone
Persian Blue '08 Lotus Exige S240 - Gone
Space Gray/Imola '08 BMW M Coupe - Gone
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Car is a steal.
Appreciate 2
m3jala543.50
      12-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #4
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Car is a steal.
I agree
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
BlueThunder2008
Registered
Rep
Drives: 14 Cayman S, e90 328i, Z4 2.5

Interested

I am interested in your car. I live in the area. Please email your contact info.

emcore52@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #6
mda123
Registered
Rep
Drives: AMG C63S, past: E46 M3

DC area, in the market for a clean E90 6-speed and definitely interested. Will try to PM you as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 05:41 PM   #7
SalM
S1N1ST3R
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

beautiful car !
10.38 @ 136.04
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #8
munkey
Private First Class
Rep

Update - I've had some interest, and an out of state buyer got a PPI. I learned that the side of the car was painted (not just the rear qtr) so I followed up with the dealer that sold it. They told me the car had a big scratch on that side and they painted the whole side to make sure the paint was matched and blended.

So obviously I'm annoyed but it is what it is.

Also, the report said there is a valve cover gasket leak. However, this was already fixed and the dealership just didn't bother to clean up the mess. Also, this car burns a little oil like most of them do (around 1/2 qt every 3k-4k miles) The last time I topped up I forgot the cap off and drove with it which got oil in the bay. So there was some residue from that, but it's not a vcg or any other leak.

The shop also noted some surface rust on the bottom of the car where the steel bolts are, etc. (the car came from Chicago). The shop told me this when I first bought the car and said they'll know if there are any issues when the car needs to be aligned. I had the car aligned twice since then without any issues and the rust is superficial.

I'm putting these issues out because I want to be fully transparent. This is not a show condition car - it's a daily driver and has the normal wear and tear for a daily.

It has low mileage and is very sound mechanically and you can keep the warranty if you have any concerns (the valve cover gasket for example was replaced under warranty).

In any case, due to the above I am lowering the price by $1,000.

Last edited by munkey; 12-16-2019 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 2
akkando5860.00
T1M3LESS2269.50
      12-26-2019, 01:11 AM   #9
dime.m3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
Update - I've had some interest, and an out of state buyer got a PPI. I learned that the side of the car was painted (not just the rear qtr) so I followed up with the dealer that sold it. They told me the car had a big scratch on that side and they painted the whole side to make sure the paint was matched and blended.

So obviously I'm annoyed but it is what it is.

Also, the report said there is a valve cover gasket leak. However, this was already fixed and the dealership just didn't bother to clean up the mess. Also, this car burns a little oil like most of them do (around 1/2 qt every 3k-4k miles) The last time I topped up I forgot the cap off and drove with it which got oil in the bay. So there was some residue from that, but it's not a vcg or any other leak.

The shop also noted some surface rust on the bottom of the car where the steel bolts are, etc. (the car came from Chicago). The shop told me this when I first bought the car and said they'll know if there are any issues when the car needs to be aligned. I had the car aligned twice since then without any issues and the rust is superficial.

I'm putting these issues out because I want to be fully transparent. This is not a show condition car - it's a daily driver and has the normal wear and tear for a daily.

It has low mileage and is very sound mechanically and you can keep the warranty if you have any concerns (the valve cover gasket for example was replaced under warranty).

In any case, due to the above I am lowering the price by $1,000.
With who is the car warrantied with?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:59 AM   #10
munkey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsabzi View Post
With who is the car warrantied with?
Sorry just saw this post. The car is warrantied through "The Mechanic" warranty with Platinum level coverage. $100 deductible.

It is transferable for $50 and good through 75k total miles or August 2022.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 09:03 AM   #11
munkey
Private First Class
Rep

Bump for price drop. I've had some tire kickers and a few offers, one of which I am working through but requires a few logistical jumps. Car is just sitting now and it's a shame. I'm driving it probably 20-30 miles a week just so it doesn't sit too long.

I'm trying to be fair and transparent, so I'm dropping the price again. If you have concerns buy this car with the warranty. Keep the warranty for a few months and make sure everything is good and then cancel it and get the balance back, if anyone has mechanical concerns (you shouldn't).

Last edited by munkey; 01-02-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #12
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Bump for price drop. I've had some tire kickers and a few offers, one of which I am working through but requires a few logistical jumps. Car is just sitting now and it's a shame. I'm driving it probably 20-30 miles a week just so it doesn't sit too long.

I'm trying to be fair and transparent, so I'm dropping the price again. If you have concerns buy this car with the warranty. Keep the warranty for a few months and make sure everything is good and then cancel it and get the balance back, if anyone has mechanical concerns (you shouldn't).
Probably one of the most honest and straight forward posts I've seen... someone buy this car... seems like a fair seller and 29k mile e90s are impossible to find
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #13
munkey
Private First Class
Rep

Friday update and price drop - I have one potential buyer but he is waiting for his car to sell so for now, still available. I wanted to update on some of the concerns I've heard.

First as far as rust, please see the below pictures. The surface of the steel parts have rust as is typical for any car especially coming from Chicago. The frame is fine, it's just hardware etc.

Second as far as the paint - I spoke again to the selling dealer and asked the sales rep to talk to the body shop. They could not find any records of the work being done and she told me this means there was no body work - just cosmetic, and from what she remembers there were just scratches on the side being repaired. Again, I had the car inspected prior and the inspector didn't even note any paint work and the job is well done.

I took the car to the dealer to check on the valve cover gaskets again since they did it the first time. There is no leak, but they said the timing cover gasket seems to be leaking and they are replacing it under warranty. I'm also getting a fresh oil change while the car is there. Otherwise, they said the car looks good.

This car is not perfect, but it's still a 2011.75 29k mile E90 M3 with a 6 speed. If the car doesn't sell soon I will likely keep it and start abusing it on the track - that's an ok consolation prize for me to be honest
Attached Images

Last edited by munkey; 01-10-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #14
munkey
Private First Class
Rep

Also as a reminder, the car had a multi-step paint correction last summer and a 7 year modesta ceramic coating was applied ($2500 expense). Here is some info:

http://www.tlcautodetail.com/modesta.html
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #15
munkey
Private First Class
Rep

Sale pending.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:44 PM   #16
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Sale pending.
😎
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #17
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Sold to me, waiting to take deliver, thank you for a very smooth transaction, I vouch for Firas. 🤙🏽
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 05:59 PM   #18
M3Fan1985
Private First Class
Rep

So jelly congrats!!! I was keeping my eye on this one as I want an E90!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 09:39 PM   #19
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fan1985 View Post
So jelly congrats!!! I was keeping my eye on this one as I want an E90!
Jump on it if you find one, this car puts a smile on my face.

The seller is great, had a super smooth transaction with him and it was a pleasure doing business.
Appreciate 0