BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
bills742
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 M3, '20 323Ci

DCT software update

For those of you who have had their DCT software updated in the area, what dealer did you go to and how did you get them to understand what you wanted? Everyone I've talked to gets confused when I ask for a specific software version. Please let me know if you have a particular service advisor that you've dealt with that knows something (or anything) about DCT software!
'08 M3 JB DCT Coupe /// DTEC Cree LED Angel Eyes / Mtech Super White Cornering Lights / Matte Black Kidneys & Gilles / 35-40% FormulaOne Pinnacle / VRS Boot / VRS II Diffuser / AA exhaust / Fabspeed HFC & X-pipe / Eibach Springs / RDSport Front Bumper / 19" Satin Charcoal HRE P40 / RPI Scoops / PSW (Non-electronic) / BMW Stainless Steel Pedals / LeatherZ Alcantara Boots
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
creasyb001
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills742 View Post
For those of you who have had their DCT software updated in the area, what dealer did you go to and how did you get them to understand what you wanted? Everyone I've talked to gets confused when I ask for a specific software version. Please let me know if you have a particular service advisor that you've dealt with that knows something (or anything) about DCT software!
I had mine done at Fairfax BMW in Fairfax, VA. But it wasn't without a little drama. I started out by asking for the DCT update and was told I had a 2009 and didn't need the update. My next tactic worked...I described the 2d gear lag issue I was having and provided a copy of the Service Bulletin sent to all the dealers by BMW in June 2009. That got me an appointment. On the day of the appointment, I was working so my wife took the car in. They initially tried to tell my wife the same thing but I had prepared her. She handed them the bulletin and insisted the car had the 2d gear lag problem. They still gave her sh*t and finally she offered to leave but guaranteed them I'd be up there immediately after work and would be extremely upset and asked for the manager's name for me to speak with. By the time the discussion was finished it was too late in the day and they asked her to reschedule for the following day, which she did. I took the car in the following day and they were as nice as can be. I recommend having the bulletin with you and don't take no for an answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
tunnie
l33t
Rep
Drives: M3

I also went into fairfax explained the problems they fixed it without too much fight but they had my car for 7 days AND they told me that my HID kit "might" void my warranty (i brought my car in for the dsc malfunction at the same time)... forcing me to pay a couple grand. Was pissed about that but other then that i guess the service was decent.

I would take it somewhere else but that's up to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
tampabayboy
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

I may need the update as well. How can you tell what version of the software is installed on the vehicle? What is the "old" version and what is the latest?
Appreciate 0