BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

01-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #45
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcook54 View Post
Are ARC8R's available in 19in? The original post suggests multiple widths and offsets for a 19in rim, but the website only shows options for 17 and 18.

I believe they mentioned that the first run is 17-18 and 19's are in the pipeline for the near future.

edit: looking at the OP with the size list, it states on the bottom in fine print "** these sizes will be available for pre-order in Q4"
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 05:31 PM   #46
slcook54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 MR M3 / 2018 SMB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
I believe they mentioned that the first run is 17-18 and 19's are in the pipeline for the near future.

edit: looking at the OP with the size list, it states on the bottom in fine print "** these sizes will be available for pre-order in Q4"
Always read the fine print, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #47
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozaiya View Post
will there ever be a hyper black for the ARC-8R? absolutely love that color
We currently do not offer Hyper Black as a finish option for our new ARC-8R wheels. However, we are a community-driven company, and if we receive enough demand for a Hyper Black finish, it is something we will consider.

With our new forged wheels, we have introduced two new finishes, Brushed Clear and Polished, which have been received very well. I would suggest checking those out if you are interested in something more unique.

Quote:
Are ARC8R's available in 19in? The original post suggests multiple widths and offsets for a 19in rim, but the website only shows options for 17 and 18.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post

Quote:
Always read the fine print, thank you!
Great question. The original plan was to open pre-orders for our 19” forged wheels in Q4 2019. This date is being delayed. We may have to push it out as far as Q2 2020 in order to provide wheels that meet our standards. It could be sooner, but we’re being conservative until we reach a milestone that allows us to pick a more specific date.

Many wheels offered by other manufacturers use readily available blanks instead of their own proprietary designs. The existing blanks offered do not match the brake clearance of our flow formed wheels. Our flow formed wheels have custom profiles and we have to create our own forging dies to again deliver a wheel that features everything we want. Creating a new forging die that will work for the various future designs and fitments we plan to release is taking a bit longer than expected.

Throughout the company’s history, we have always prioritized quality and functionality over reduced cost and speed to market. Rather than compromising to meet a deadline, we will push them out a little more. We could have made wheels with similar features to the competition long ago. We didn’t want to just be another spoke design. We know many of you are eager for our new 19” forged wheels, and we will continue to update the community as progress is made.

-Matt
      01-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #48
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post

Great question. The original plan was to open pre-orders for our 19” forged wheels in Q4 2019. This date is being delayed. We may have to push it out as far as Q2 2020 in order to provide wheels that meet our standards. It could be sooner, but we’re being conservative until we reach a milestone that allows us to pick a more specific date.

Many wheels offered by other manufacturers use readily available blanks instead of their own proprietary designs. The existing blanks offered do not match the brake clearance of our flow formed wheels. Our flow formed wheels have custom profiles and we have to create our own forging dies to again deliver a wheel that features everything we want. Creating a new forging die that will work for the various future designs and fitments we plan to release is taking a bit longer than expected.

Throughout the company’s history, we have always prioritized quality and functionality over reduced cost and speed to market. Rather than compromising to meet a deadline, we will push them out a little more. We could have made wheels with similar features to the competition long ago. We didn’t want to just be another spoke design. We know many of you are eager for our new 19” forged wheels, and we will continue to update the community as progress is made.

-Matt
Delays are fine but I think they are poorly communicated. Then threads are cleaned up and anything related to delays are often removed further causing confusion and not allowing those new to the game a chance to see a timeline. But I guess that is what you want, to trick buyers into ordering and then hit them with multiple delays. If that wasn't your strategy I can't see why you wouldn't provide clear communication.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:36 PM   #49
TMANN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d

I'm in the original Group Buy on the 18" forged EC7's. The advertised ship date was December, but as of the last email on 12/30, has now shifted to "early to mid February." Considering these are my new summer/track wheels I've been patient over the winter, as long as they actually get here by mid-Feb so I can get the new tires mounted before March.

Matt / Apex:
To be improved - The updates could certainly be more frequent as I've only had two since the October confirmation.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #50
SupraSaiyan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT Stripper AW/Black

What was the group buy price for 18" EC7R?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #51
ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Delays are fine but I think they are poorly communicated. Then threads are cleaned up and anything related to delays are often removed further causing confusion and not allowing those new to the game a chance to see a timeline. But I guess that is what you want, to trick buyers into ordering and then hit them with multiple delays. If that wasn't your strategy I can't see why you wouldn't provide clear communication.
We hear you loud and clear, and take full responsibility for the lack of clear communication. That was not our intent. We made the mistake of putting all our focus into resolving the various issues causing the delays, and not keeping on top of group updates. We were also afraid of delaying the project numerous times if we provided updates often, as each week the new ETA left the potential for a new delay and we didn’t want to say they’re coming X date, and then 5 days later change that. While we waited for more certainty, too much time slipped by between updates and that didn’t make the situation better. We did not strike the right balance.

Anyone that has pre-ordered from us over the past 12 years knows that we occasionally do experience delays, but it is absolutely not a trick or part of our strategy. There is no cover-up of delays. We have nothing to gain from taxing our reputation, and we offer a no cost cancelation/refund to those who cannot accept the delays. All available information indicated that our original dates were achievable. The delay that caused this was unexpected and out of our control. If we could have predicted this would happen, we certainly would have launched the preorder later.

We update our threads to prevent confusion not create it, but we’re going to do an internal review of how staff does the changes as it sounds like it’s not the ideal way.

As a result of what’s been learned, we’re holding off on the launch of other sizes until there are fewer variables that could cause changes to our ETAs. As we move forward with the production of our 19” Forged wheels, we will be sure to keep the community in the loop with more routine updates.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
I'm in the original Group Buy on the 18" forged EC7's. The advertised ship date was December, but as of the last email on 12/30, has now shifted to "early to mid February." Considering these are my new summer/track wheels I've been patient over the winter, as long as they actually get here by mid-Feb so I can get the new tires mounted before March.

Matt / Apex:
To be improved - The updates could certainly be more frequent as I've only had two since the October confirmation.
Thanks!
Over the weekend, the wheels were finished and are on their way to our warehouse. The only remaining variables are the port, customs, and trucking. They are scheduled to arrive Feb 15, BUT we are told to put about five days of padding on that ETA if we want to be safe because the 3 organizations that handle our order can each experience their own delays. Once we receive them, we need about 3 days to process the orders.

As the wheels arrive and get processed, we’ll make sure to provide more updates as requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan View Post
What was the group buy price for 18" EC7R?
With the participation of the community, we were able to reach a discount of $400 off, plus free shipping ($100+ value) for our first launch of forged wheels.
      03-03-2020, 11:31 PM   #52
TMANN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d

My 18x10 EC-7R's finally arrived! They look great and are ridiculously light, tire shop guys were beside themselves. Ironically, the knurled beads caused them some difficulty in mounting, maybe not used to working with wheels at this level. Did result in a tiny scratch on one wheel that's only visible up close. Didn't put on car yet since its still winter here in the PNW. Will do some photos in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #53
ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
My 18x10 EC-7R's finally arrived! They look great and are ridiculously light, tire shop guys were beside themselves. Ironically, the knurled beads caused them some difficulty in mounting, maybe not used to working with wheels at this level. Did result in a tiny scratch on one wheel that's only visible up close. Didn't put on car yet since its still winter here in the PNW. Will do some photos in a few weeks.
It's great to hear that the wheels are making a good first impression! We would love to see pics once you have them on the car!

Generally, knurled bead seats don't affect mounting too badly. They definitely do make it more difficult to rotate the tire on the bead seat so that may have taken your shop by surprise!

-Tom
      03-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #54
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
Any chance that the forged versions would allow these face designs for the 5x130 lineup?
      03-05-2020, 10:16 AM   #55
turbo_joe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Mine just showed up

03-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #56
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Any chance that the forged versions would allow these face designs for the 5x130 lineup?
We are still working on bringing these to market and have yet to finalize the details. We hope to have more info on 5x130/Porsche fitments for you in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_joe View Post
Mine just showed up
Looking good! Thanks for sharing!

-Tom