BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

03-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

So, I guess this is long overdue. I have had several people emailing and messaging me, asking about the new car, but also, curiously, about how it compared to the M3. At first, I thought “wow, I never even thought of that – they’re not really all that comparable, are they??”, but then, after a little thought, I thought, of course they are – one can compare and contrast ANY two cars, really.

To outline the background from where I am coming from: I owned first an SMG e46 M3, and kept it absolutely stock – I don’t think I modded a single thing on it. Loved that car. The SMG transmission was mild to moderately irritating at times, but it seemed to fit the character of the car. I tracked this car extensively – mainly Autocross, and loved it.

I then purchased an Individual e92 M3, with DCT. The aesthetic mods were many, but irrelevant really to a comparison between two cars, IMHO. “Performance” mods: KW V3 coilovers (moderate drop only), ESS ECU tune, Rogue Engineering pulley, Macht Schnell filter, and my favourite mod of ALL TIME, the Akra Evo full system. The car dyno’d at 367whp, which made for some nice (and noticeable) gains (and with that, I feel I must fire off kudos to Nate and the boys at IND – crazy, CRAZY great guys, in every way). I used OEM 18” wheels with Michelin PS2s for Autocrossing this car, and it was FAST. It made ME look like a decent driver, which is no small feat

Sadly, I had to sell the e92 to make way for my dream car, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 you see in my Avatar. It’s an egear. Mods so far? Nil. Nada. I researched exhausts, chip tunes, suspension modifications, but so far, I haven’t felt the need to proceed with them.

OK, so here goes. I’m going to compare (and contrast) the e92 M3 to the Gallardo – keep in mind, I am not an automotive journalist, nor am I an expert driver – think of this as through the eyes of an enthusiast.

Engine/drivetrain: Most people will think automatically that the Lambo engine would win every aspect of an engine comparison hands down. Sure, the Lambo’s more powerful, but there are valid comparisons to be made. Throttle response in the two cars is almost identical, i.e. – instantaneous. Both engines pull very, very well from low rpm – surprisingly well – but in actuality, I think the M3’s engine is relatively more tractable down low. The M3 could pull cleanly from 1600rpm in 7th gear, without issues. The Gallardo doesn’t like anything less than 2000 rpm in 6th.
Transmissions? I think this is an EASY win for the DCT, which really is an amazing accomplishment, I am thinking. Seamless, and smooth, it was never cost me a thought operating it. The six-speed egear is a vast improvement over the offering made available early in the Gallardo’s lifetime, but it is still obvious that it is of the single-clutch variety – occasional jerkiness, with a paucity in gear changes that is missing from the DCT, unless one drives in “Corsa” mode all of the time, when gear changes take on the subtle characteristics of your friendly neighbourhood sledgehammer (albeit a very lightweight, fast-moving sledgehammer). At redline, the shifts are violent. There are many posters on the Lambo forums that not only dislike this, but find it alarming. I love it, and find myself driving in either Sports mode or Corsa all of the time. (The Corsa mode has the added advantage of actuating the valve on the exhaust, thus making the Gallardo a very noisy thing all of the time, which is really for the best….  ). The egear is miles, miles better than the e46’s SMG transmission. In it, one can take off from a stop effortlessly, and smoothly, and for the most part, the egear is transparent, necessitating attention and measured driving inputs only some of the time (low speed, tight radius corners in a parking lot, for example, or coming to a stop). Auto mode? – never use/used it in either egear/SMG, or very rarely so, but in the Gallardo, it is a VERY viable option – smooth, and for the most part, a non-issue. The SMG in auto mode? How can I put this politely? I can’t. It sucked shwanger – jerky, non-responsive, and seemed to get WORSE, as it “adapted” to one’s driving habits. Enough said. I’ve already violated my Mom’s old adage to say nothing, if you have nothing good to say.
It did take a little bit of getting used to having the transmission paddles static, on the steering column. They are mounted a little higher, relatively, than the paddles in the e92/e46 when in the straight-ahead position, and for the first few minutes, I found myself pulling back on the signal stalk/wiper control stalk. Which do I prefer? Tough call. I haven’t had the Gallardo on the track (yet), but first impressions would indicate that after a little adapting, it’s a non-issue.

Ergonomics: Again, the M3 wins here, overall. The Gallardo still has some of the old Italian idiosyncrasies plaguing it. The window switches, for example, are located on the central portion of the dashboard, which I have always found strange, in any car. In the Gallardo, you push the buttons up to make the windows go down, and down, to make them go up. Weird. iDrive is so much better than the THING that attempts to pass as a NAV system in the Gallardo, that really, comparison here is laughable. BMW’s most recent iteration of iDrive is excellent, its interface between car and driver intuitive, and attractive. The Gallardo’s NAV system (and I use “system” here very loosely), seems like an afterthought, which I suppose it is in a way, as the unit is stolen directly from the Audi parts bins. (The Gallardo’s NAV system DOES display in night mode automatically when lights are on, though – something I always thought curiously missing from the M3’s NAV system). I miss having stereo controls on the steering wheel, and the volume knob in the Gallardo is on the RIGHT side of the stereo’s face, making reaching it kind of a chore. My Gallardo’s steering wheel has the aluminum section at six o’clock, which is nasty – when turning, you grip nice, perforated leather (optional) for most of the turn, but then all of a sudden, you get this cold, hard, thin, metal. I will upgrade this section to carbon fiber at some stage, and put up with it for now.
Garage opener: I could program the garage remotes in our BMWs in about three minutes flat. In the Gallardo? There have been entire threads on Lambo forums about how to succeed in programming said buttons. I managed mine, but have no idea how it came about. I think it had something to do with the planets aligning at just the right time, or something to that effect.
Seats: Close, but victory again goes to the e92. Supremely comfortable, and very adjustable. The side bolsters’ adjustability is not just a gimmick, I have found. They stabilize MUCH better than those in the Gallardo, they do a pretty poor job of holding my 165 pounds in place – seemingly designed with the American market in mind….. you can read into that as you will. (Flame suit on ). For some weird reason, when you lower the power seats all the way in the Gallardo, the centre of the seat cushion bulges upwards, as though there is an eight inch square brick lying directly underneath the cushion. Strange. As a result, even though I’d like the seat to be at its lowest setting, I have it about a half an inch higher, to avoid the dreaded “brick” (and yes, I have checked to see if an assembler in the Lambo factory had left anything in there….. no horse’s head, or anything of the sort).
Seating position: here, I must give the nod to the Gallardo. Having been raised largely on Japanese imports, I find the lower seating position to be more comfortable, and more in keeping with a car with sporting aspirations. Sitting in an M3 now, feels like I’ve entered a truck – albeit a very comfortable, very supportive truck, but it does seem very high.
One thing that drives me mental, is the position of the cigarette lighter outlet. In the Gallardo, it is located in the posterior portion of the central console – between the seats. Until I get my V1 hardwired in, I have to run a cord from the windshield, all the way back – strange.

Overall, I can find very little fault per se, with the general ergonomic design of either car. They both work well – the M3, perhaps a little more so, just in terms of ease-of-use.

Driving: Ah, finally – the best bit. I consider myself VERY fortunate to have owned both of these cars, and drive them. Here, I will try to be as objective as I can. Responsiveness? I’d give the edge to the Gallardo for initial turn-in. It’s IMMEDIATE. The M3 is fantastic, but I’ve never driven anything like the Gallardo. I know what the journalists mean when they say “telepathic inputs”. Both of the cars are phenomenal. Perhaps it’s the almost complete lack of body roll in the Gallardo that gives it the sensation of immediacy, but it seems more responsive, to me.
Ride? Surprisingly, the Gallardo rides as well as the V3-equipped M3. Also VERY surprising – I have considerably more clearance at the front end in the Gallardo! (It also has a hydraulic lift at the front, but I have rarely felt the need to use it). The M3 with coilovers and resultant lowering was always cause for concern, approaching anything greater than a gnat’s butthole.
Acceleration does not really lend itself to comparison. The LP560 would of course rip the M3 a new ass. From a dig, with AWD, it would be a sad case of “no contest”. In any situation, of course, 0-60, ¼ mile, 60-130, the Gallardo would have the M3 begging for mercy. Not really worth comparing, so I won’t go any further than that.
I can’t really comment too much more here, until I get the Gallardo out on the track. To be honest? I really do think that I would be quicker in the M3 on an Autocross course. Especially a very tight one. I am still getting acquainted with the Gallardo, but I get the distinct impression that the M3 is that much more user-friendly, its limits that much more reachable, comfortably, than one would find in the Gallardo.
Funnily, at a constant 130kph, the mileage I am seeing in the Gallardo is about the same as I used to get in the M3…. eek.

Amenities: It is continually amusing me how much I miss little things that I had in the M3. Self dimming mirror (granted, the Gallardo USED to have this, but there were issues with the self-dimming mirror leaking, and damaging dashboard plastic, so instead of fixing the issue, Lamborghini chose to revert to a manually adjusting mirror. I giggle every time I have to reach up and adjust it myself… sigh… SUCH a chore, hahaha). The Gallardo has power seats, but only for height (and you can’t adjust the front and back of the seat individually), rake, fore/aft, and lumbar support. The M3 seats are more comfortable, more adjustable, and just “fit” better – at least for me. No memory settings are available for the Gallardo, either. The lazy bastard in me finds it a chore to have to reach over to the centre of the dashboard to turn the lights on, haha – I do actually miss the automatic lights-on feature from the M3.
For longer, boring drives, I do kinda miss Sirius radio. I do have an iPod input in the Gallardo, but…. OK, don’t get me started. It’s a laugh. It does display track title (in between the tach/speedo), but the main screen is next to useless – displaying “CD” (for your iPod’s individual folders), and “track”. At least one CAN download music onto two SD memory cards in the Gallardo (no hard drive storage built-in, as in the M3, which I never used, but it’s there for those that wish to use it).
Cruise control? Multi-adjustable, easily set and understood in the M3. In the Gallardo? Also multi adjustable, through an interface known to the commoner…. as “your right foot”. Not even an option. Not an issue for me, but I can see some drivers wishing they had it.

Fit and finish: I’d have to say this is a wash. Both of the cars are made to a very high standard. The Gallardo has that exotic look and feel to it, and is actually screwed together very well (gone are the days of the fragile, fix-it-daily Italian exotic (knock on wood)). The leather in the Gallardo is to die for, and even though I only have the lower-level leather package, the stuff is EVERYWHERE.

Esthetics: This is obviously (at least to me) an easy win for the Gallardo. The e92 is based on a mass produced, family sedan, and while I think BMW have done a fantastic job distancing it from the base models, it is still very much apparent. Did I always have to look back at the M3 as I walked away from it? Oh yes, absolutely – and loved it every time I did. The Gallardo is just on another level, though. I thought my modded M3 drew attention – the Gallardo makes people lose their minds – as I found out, unfortunately, driving down a street this past weekend – a few (teenage) girls were hanging out of their windows trying to take cell phone pictures, and the driver, not paying enough attention, rear ended another car, . Another time, my wife and I came back to the car after brunch, to find a girl SITTING on the hood, legs splayed (wearing a skirt), with the Bull emblem between her legs, so her boyfriend could take a picture. I was p1ssed, and yes, she did scratch the clear bra (hurray for clear bra!!!), but the damage had been done. Interesting pic, I’m sure…. I neglected to ask them to forward me a copy. I have a hard time finding a bad angle for the Gallardo. That said, I thought the same thing of the e92.
Interior? Again, easy win for the Gallardo. I sit in it, and often just whisper to myself “wow…”. In the M3, again, very well built, very functional, and attractive, but still obviously a family sedan-based interior.
In terms of esthetics, I’d have to give the Gallardo the outright win, here – both outside and inside.

Grins: The intangibles…. the factors that tear at one’s heart strings….

Both of these cars are incredible. At the end of the day, I can see why so many automotive journalists have labeled the M3 as “the greatest sports car in the world”. It is a decathlete – good at EVERYTHING, and phenomenally so.

I still think the M3 is the best sports car in the world. What other car does so many things, so well, so easily?

Would I trade back to an M3? Not on your life, LOL. That said, I fully intend on coming BACK to the fold, in the not-too-distant future. Not to come back, but to add. I’ll be looking with more than just a passing fancy, when the next iteration of the m3 surfaces. I can’t wait. Many are wary of the introduction of forced induction to the M3. I look forward to it – I can’t think how my beloved M Division could screw it up – I think it’ll be a screamer, and that M Division will do it RIGHT. Can’t wait.

Some might think comparing these two cars is ludicrous. I disagree. In terms of sheer satisfaction, pure enjoyment derived from ownership and driving, it surprises me how much, and in how many different ways I miss having the M3. That I find a comparison between the two cars valid, is in my mind, a good indication (to me at least) what a fantastic job BMW have done with this car.

For those of you that have gotten this far in my extended dissertation, thanks for reading. It was not meant to be a global account of the two cars, but rather, just a smattering of my thoughts after a couple months of Gallardo ownership.

Final thoughts? We are very fortunate for having the opportunity, means, and inclination to own the M3. It truly represents the pinnacle of ability across every aspect of car ownership.

I’d buy another. In fact, I will!

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Last edited by TTBear; 03-20-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Nice review - Glad to hear you are enjoying the Lambo. Hope you make it out to the GTA this year if that is still in the cards. Would love to check it out!!

Keep enjoying in good health!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

You wrote this to make a bunch of M3 owners happy, and it worked.

The interior of your car, regardless of comfort, still makes me jealous. Great car, great story, I hope to one day do the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Nice review - Glad to hear you are enjoying the Lambo. Hope you make it out to the GTA this year if that is still in the cards. Would love to check it out!!

Keep enjoying in good health!
Thanks!! We are still planning on coming out - will definitely give you a shout!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
You wrote this to make a bunch of M3 owners happy, and it worked.

The interior of your car, regardless of comfort, still makes me jealous. Great car, great story, I hope to one day do the same.
Absolutely. That was kind of its purpose, all right - of course, I AM (or was, but will be, again) an M3 driver, so it was a win-win situation, all around

Thanks!
      03-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Glad you are enjoying it and everything worked out
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
Jet335i
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '11 E92 M3

Great review - already saving for my gallardo.....one day.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Great write-up! Congrats on the amazing ride.

Bring that beast to the next GTA meet
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Thanks!! We are still planning on coming out - will definitely give you a shout!!

Sounds good - looking forward to it!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

You had me at hello?

Thx for the well thought out 'objective' review!
      03-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Glad you are enjoying it and everything worked out
I certainly AM enjoying it. Thank YOU. The purchase of my Gallardo would not have been possible without your outstanding help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet335i View Post
Great review - already saving for my gallardo.....one day.
Thanks. Save away - in fact, buy it even if you can't really afford it - I did, LOL. A good friend said to me "there are no medals for being the richest man in the graveyard". Too true. Truly, you only go around once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
Great write-up! Congrats on the amazing ride.

Bring that beast to the next GTA meet
Thanks. I am working on it! My wife and I just need to shuffle around a few things, and we are there!
      03-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

trade you my M3 for the G
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Got to drive the Superleggeria... Hated getting back in my M3 after that... LOL

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
You are obviously a car enthusiast and I really liked reading about both cars from an owners standpoint and not someone that was just going to say how great their new "XXX" is. Thanks for taking a bit of time to do this, I know I wouldnt be able to sit anywhere other than the seat of the Gallardo for like six months... It was very very cool of you.
Quote:
Would I trade back to an M3? Not on your life, LOL.
That made me laugh!

Oh and I know this was supposed to be a review, but what review is complete without photos:

Gallardo please?

Last edited by Erie Von Otto; 03-20-2012 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #14
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Some day I'm getting my dream car: Ferrari (can't say model cause don't know how many will come and go till then, LOL).
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Allan, great to hear your thoughts!! I am so glad you are LOVING your Gallardo!!!

Yeah, come to another epic GTA meet if you can. We just had our first with over 50 BMWs, mostly M Cars, with a GTR crashing the party. Imagine if a Lambo crashed it! hehehe

Post more pics buddy!!!
      03-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Awesome review, tx for sharing! You definitely should ave insisted they forward you the picture tho! Lol.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Well, I think you need to go hang out on the Lambo forums.

(hehehe....can't wait to meet her!!)
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
You are obviously a car enthusiast and I really liked reading about both cars from an owners standpoint and not someone that was just going to say how great their new "XXX" is. Thanks for taking a bit of time to do this, I know I wouldnt be able to sit anywhere other than the seat of the Gallardo for like six months... It was very very cool of you.

That made me laugh!

Oh and I know this was supposed to be a review, but what review is complete without photos:

Gallardo please?
Thanks! I've been a gear head for a while, all right I had the Countach poster up on my wall for years (as I'm sure many others on this forum also did), and practically VOWED that someday I would own a Lamborghini (although back then, I pronounced it "Lamborgnee"... LOL - hey I was TEN!!! ).

Pics to come! It's a bit dull, grey, and still winterish here (but thankfully, the roads are dry!!! ) - pics to follow. I posted pics from the dealer in my original thread, that the dealer sent me when I was inquiring about the car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620343

Maybe these will suffice for the present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Some day I'm getting my dream car: Ferrari (can't say model cause don't know how many will come and go till then, LOL).
You are most welcome! Thanks! Once I decided that an exotic was within reach, I vacillated back and forth between a Gallardo and an F430 Scuderia. In the end, I made the right choice for me, but some day, I will drive a Ferrari........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Allan, great to hear your thoughts!! I am so glad you are LOVING your Gallardo!!!

Yeah, come to another epic GTA meet if you can. We just had our first with over 50 BMWs, mostly M Cars, with a GTR crashing the party. Imagine if a Lambo crashed it! hehehe

Post more pics buddy!!!
Thanks, Jules . I was hoping you'd have a read of this, and let me know your thoughts. I would LOVE to come out to TO this summer! Plans are afoot - just need to dump a few calls on a few suckers, errrr, I mean, arrange some on call coverage with colleagues for the summer, and I am there!!! It will be SO great to meet you face-to-face!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Awesome review, tx for sharing! You definitely should ave insisted they forward you the picture tho! Lol.
Hahahahahahaha - no kidding, hey? I was just seeing red because of the scratches on the hood, so it didn't even occur to me until afterwards, LOL. Funnily, when she saw us approaching, she did NOT make any huge effort to cease and desist her "pose".... hmmmmm...... interesting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Well, I think you need to go hang out on the Lambo forums.

(hehehe....can't wait to meet her!!)
LOL - MIKE, and after all we've been through... ostracized by my own bud.... oh, the PAIN..... haha...

Looking forward to meeting up with you this summer! Dates are set for Autocross with the BMW club here - I shall forward them. If you can't make it out here, we'll see you at Race the BAAAAAASE!!!!!!!

(Oh, and yes, absolutely, I will be autocrossing the Lambo - I need to gain some empirical evidence to support my theory regarding it being a lesser autocross car, in MY hands, hehe)(and also, to gain some experience driving it in anger, prior to Race the Base! Don't want to show up there and putt around the course like a granny, haha)

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I could share with y'all. Pics to follow - might be a while, as the weather, while phenomenally great this winter, still has a ways to go before it's pic-worthy outside!
      03-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

It's ok, I still like you!!! Please send me the dates for the go kart track!!!

Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #20
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
Quote:
OK, so here goes. I’m going to compare (and contrast) the e92 M3 to the Gallardo – keep in mind, I am not an automotive journalist, nor am I an expert driver – think of this as through the eyes of an enthusiast.
I think you should reconsider what ever you do for a living...

Your review was extremely well written and was a pleasure to read....

and congrats!!!!

oh... and PS... i hate you for getting my dream car before me
[/B]2018 BMW M3 CS (SMB) (Daily Driver)1991 E30 w S52 swap(New addition)[/B]1972 BMW 2002tii (ITS ALIVE)2013 X5M (Wife's DD) ,2009 AUDI A4 3.2 (Winter/Aupair) 2010 e90 M3 (Sold 2020),2011 X5 5.0i (Traded 2019),2007 335 IX(sold 2018),2008 Z4 MC (sold 2017 Still sad about it), 2011 X6M (sold 2015)2008 E93 M3 (Traded 2013), 2005 e46 M3(solidified affair)(wrecked 2010), 2002 330Ci (started love affair)(Sold 2009)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #21
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
Quote:
A good friend said to me "there are no medals for being the richest man in the graveyard".
Love this line...
i want it on a T-shirt!!!
[/B]2018 BMW M3 CS (SMB) (Daily Driver)1991 E30 w S52 swap(New addition)[/B]1972 BMW 2002tii (ITS ALIVE)2013 X5M (Wife's DD) ,2009 AUDI A4 3.2 (Winter/Aupair) 2010 e90 M3 (Sold 2020),2011 X5 5.0i (Traded 2019),2007 335 IX(sold 2018),2008 Z4 MC (sold 2017 Still sad about it), 2011 X6M (sold 2015)2008 E93 M3 (Traded 2013), 2005 e46 M3(solidified affair)(wrecked 2010), 2002 330Ci (started love affair)(Sold 2009)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #22
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Great read, thank you for the post. Friends of mine that own higher end sports cars have talked to me about the M3's they used to own before their current cars. It seems that even though they "upgraded", they miss their M3 for the many factors you mentioned; the versatility of the car.
Appreciate 0