BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

12-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #45
Tufosi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT

Im on the same boat here...

sounds like the KW sleeve kit has more positive feedbacks then just springs... out of curiosity how much lower can the car sit with the KW sleeve kit in comparasion to the R&D spring or any other spring?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #46
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

The whole point of a sleeve-over kit isn't to go lower than a regular set of springs anyway. If you, say want to "corner-balance" your car then sleeve overs are a must (although most peeps won't do this unless you're a major track junkie....well, then you prolly wouldn't be on a sleeve over kit to begin with).

I have the H&R Springs with the bump stops and they feel great, but I remember my old Kw V2s on my 335i to feel more "planted" and precise. Im not sure if H&R uses a progressive spring rate, but I know KW does. If I don't end up getting full coil-overs, then the KW sleeve over might be my next move. It's nice being able to adjust my ride height to exactly what I want.....plus I'm expecting the ride to be better

If you have the dough, I say go with the SLeeve-over.