BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Blakerx
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Smile Ordered 2011 E92 M3 for PDC in July!!!

After a lot of debate, going back and forth with my wife, I finally got to order the car I've been dreaming about. She has an SC430 and thought we should add a four door car so I almost bought a 550i gran turismo. Every time I test drove it, it just didn't feel right. I wanted something a lot more fun. She finally gave in and decided to trade her car in when we need 4 doors (kids). Anyway, I'm like a kid on christmas eve and can't wait until July gets here. I'm scouring the forums looking for potential mods. I was debating between a Cayman S, Audi s5, and the M3. The Cayman S just felt too cramped (I'm over 6' and 210 lbs), the s5 was great and loved that exhaust and interior, but it lacked soul to me. I decided on the m3 because even though the interior and looks aren't as flashy as the s5, the m3 had soul and drives like dream. My PCD is on July 6th..

My Baby:
Electronic Damping Control
M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
19" Forged and polished Double Spoke wheels (Style 220M) with mixed tires
Power rear sunshade
Heated front seats
Carbon Leather interior trim
Park Distance Control (rear only)
High Beam Assistant
Navigation system
BMW Assist
Satellite radio
iPod and USB adapter
Enhanced Premium Sound
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Technology Package

Exterior
Space Gray Metallic

Interior
Fox Red Extended Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
SuitedPair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GMC 2500hd

congrats! and so the excitement builds! I'm on the Treasure Coast and headed for PCD about a month before you... I'll leave a little rubber left on the cars for you
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

I'm scheduled for a PC delivery July 12th. I owned a Cayman S, great car, but it's hard to compare with the M3. If you need any of the features offered by a sports sedan, I don't think you can do better than an M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakerx View Post
After a lot of debate, going back and forth with my wife, I finally got to order the car I've been dreaming about. She has an SC430 and thought we should add a four door car so I almost bought a 550i gran turismo. Every time I test drove it, it just didn't feel right. I wanted something a lot more fun. She finally gave in and decided to trade her car in when we need 4 doors (kids). Anyway, I'm like a kid on christmas eve and can't wait until July gets here. I'm scouring the forums looking for potential mods. I was debating between a Cayman S, Audi s5, and the M3. The Cayman S just felt too cramped (I'm over 6' and 210 lbs), the s5 was great and loved that exhaust and interior, but it lacked soul to me. I decided on the m3 because even though the interior and looks aren't as flashy as the s5, the m3 had soul and drives like dream. My PCD is on July 6th..

My Baby:
Electronic Damping Control
M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
19" Forged and polished Double Spoke wheels (Style 220M) with mixed tires
Power rear sunshade
Heated front seats
Carbon Leather interior trim
Park Distance Control (rear only)
High Beam Assistant
Navigation system
BMW Assist
Satellite radio
iPod and USB adapter
Enhanced Premium Sound
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Technology Package

Exterior
Space Gray Metallic

Interior
Fox Red Extended Novillo Leather
you made the right choice the lexus is absolutely no comparison to the M3 machine. and i agree forget that 550 gt. ugly
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Hey I'll be picking my car up the day before! Too bad it's not the same day I would love to see yours! I love that color combo. Stop in on Monday morning