BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #23
Doc
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/Blk sunroof 19s

Get a test drive first in both before you make a decision. If you going to be sitting for ages in traffic DCT is the way fwd really. If you want the funnest car to drivev- 6spd is the way fwd Clutch mod on the 6MT makes a sweet difference although it will make it a little more difficult to drive in traffic. Just poop it in neutral, let the left leg rest and you will be fine
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #24
BMW_03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 xDrive30i On Order

I live and deal with LA traffic everyday, around dowtown, and my previous car was a 335i 6AT, though I enjoyed it a lot there was the emotion and driving involvement missing for me, don't get me wrong a fast car is a fast car with either tranny, but you feel more connected with 6MT.
Now dealing with a 6MT M3 in LA can be a bit more stressful specially during those hours after a long day at work and heavy traffic, but its really rewarding to feel you have total control of the car, and i guess somewhat exciting to know that everytime you get in to drive it's the machine vs. your ability to master it and enjoy it's potential. So i love my 6MT!! ... Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0