BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #23
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Will you need therapy dogs and a note saying that you can't attend class when you don't get your car? Thank God I'm not raising entitled millennial's. I weep for your generation.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
Move Over1256.50
      01-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #24
young dude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I think you guys are a bit too tough on the kid.. he probably is aware how he comes off as, but did it anyway for reasons not convenient to share. Idk, maybe there was a reason his dad had to sell. I mean, it's a terrible idea what he did, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Or we got trolled.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #25
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
The troll is strong with this one
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #26
Connor_b123
United_States
Rep
Drives: mk6 vw jetta

Hahaha ok... This wasn't a troll thread, however, it wasn't exactly serious either, mainly because I understand how unlikely it would be for something like this to actually work, especially when there are more important gofundme's for things like medical bills. It was something I did because, who knows, maybe someone will be generous towards me and give a little bit of money. I don't expect to be funded at all, but it's an easy (and unlikely) way to potentially make a little bit of money towards something that I am working towards owning later in life. In response to many of the comments on here, I'm not delusional, I wouldn't call my self an entitled person, and I'm not lazy. I am only a high school senior right now and next year I'll be going to college (hopefully attending UCLA and majoring in business) and after that I plan to go to grad school to earn an MBA. So yeah, I wouldn't call my self lazy and I will be working hard to have financial freedom in my future because I don't expect anyone to just give it to me. However, it never hurts to ask for help
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #27
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by young dude View Post
I think you guys are a bit too tough on the kid.. he probably is aware how he comes off as, but did it anyway for reasons not convenient to share. Idk, maybe there was a reason his dad had to sell. I mean, it's a terrible idea what he did, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Or we got trolled.
you must be a millennial? just messin with ya.
      01-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #28
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor_b123 View Post
Hahaha ok... This wasn't a troll thread, however, it wasn't exactly serious either, mainly because I understand how unlikely it would be for something like this to actually work, especially when there are more important gofundme's for things like medical bills. It was something I did because, who knows, maybe someone will be generous towards me and give a little bit of money. I don't expect to be funded at all, but it's an easy (and unlikely) way to potentially make a little bit of money towards something that I am working towards owning later in life. In response to many of the comments on here, I'm not delusional, I wouldn't call my self an entitled person, and I'm not lazy. I am only a high school senior right now and next year I'll be going to college (hopefully attending UCLA and majoring in business) and after that I plan to go to grad school to earn an MBA. So yeah, I wouldn't call my self lazy and I will be working hard to have financial freedom in my future because I don't expect anyone to just give it to me. However, it never hurts to ask for help
being a senior in HS, not sure you really understand what hard work is yet... no offense.

i hear the homeless guys holding signs in my town make about $26hr. not bad for holding a sign and thats a sure way for people to give you money.

sorry, its poor taste to start a gofundme for something like this. stating that you don't feel entitled, yet you feel its appropriate to ask for money from complete strangers so you can get a car? asking for help? no, you're asking for money so you can buy your dream car.

IB4TL
      01-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #29
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Asking for help is borrowing, and I emphasize borrow, $10 for dinner or a ride to the store to buy food. Asking a community of owners, all (or most) have worked their asses off to buy and own their M3 ( I spent 3 years saving and shopping) to pay $35 grand for a car so you can have " financial independance" in your future is most definitely delusional.
      01-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #30
Connor_b123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
being a senior in HS, not sure you really understand what hard work is yet... no offense.

i hear the homeless guys holding signs in my town make about $26hr. not bad for holding a sign and thats a sure way for people to give you money.

sorry, its poor taste to start a gofundme for something like this. stating that you don't feel entitled, yet you feel its appropriate to ask for money from complete strangers so you can get a car? asking for help? no, you're asking for money so you can buy your dream car.

IB4TL
That's a very fair point about me not really understanding hard work yet... to an extent. I may not understand what hard work is like in the real world where I am living on my own and working to support myself. However, I do understand what it is like to work hard in school and earn straight A's for the last few years, which has helped me begin to form good habits that will hopefully help me as I begin to tackle the real world in several years. Also, the last sentence about asking for help was more of a joke to end that post with... I guess it didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #31
Connor_b123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Will you need therapy dogs and a note saying that you can't attend class when you don't get your car? Thank God I'm not raising entitled millennial's. I weep for your generation.
I'm allergic to dogs. And skipping class seems like a waste of time... especially since I enjoy most of my classes.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #32
Thik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Grey E92 M3 6spd

LMAO. Is there a way to donate negative amount of money?
GTFO. Sucking d!cks to get money is less pathetic than this...at least you would've worked for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #33
Connor_b123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by young dude View Post

Or we got trolled.
I appreciate the not rude comment haha. I was aware of how this post was going to come off. I am aware that I am going to have to work for things in life and I have no problem with that. Also the reason he sold it was because he was getting and new car... f30 340i M Sport in tanzanite blue individual. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=956140 There are pictures of it on this thread... the color is beautiful.

Last edited by Connor_b123; 01-10-2017 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #34
TokyoCarGuy
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thik View Post
LMAO. Is there a way to donate negative amount of money?
GTFO. Sucking d!cks to get money is less pathetic than this...at least you would've worked for it.
Ask Bank of Japan lol
      01-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #35
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

I got nothing negative to say, nor life lessons to give. Believe it hard enough and it'll come true...whether you work hard at it or not, good luck kid.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #36
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I appreciate the not rude comments haha. I was aware of how this post was going to come off. I am aware that I am going to have to work for things in life and I have no problem with that. Also the reason he sold it was because he was getting and new car... f30 340i M Sport in tanzanite blue individual. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=956140 There are pictures of it on this thread... the color is beautiful.
Look, Connor, you're lucky to share a hobby with your father and this should be an exciting time for you to learn about cars as well as the world around you.

We don't know you or your father, but you should see why, based on your original post, that many would think/assume that you're some entitled kid asking for a handout. But I'll chalk it up to "immaturity".

You've already learned how to drive stick on your father's previous E90 M3, which also happens to be the car you aspire to own. It's great that you have a passion and something to aspire to at your age.
Make that your goal and work toward it. It might not happen right away; it might not happen while you're in college, it might not even happen until you retire, but keep pushing.
If you're fortunate enough to receive help along the way (i.e., your father, winning the lottery, etc.), then great, but don't expect it from your family, friends, or from anyone else, especially from strangers on the internet.
In the meantime, chill out and enjoy your adolescence.
Buy an older/used manual sports car you can afford and have fun with it. Get involved in the scene, meet friends along the way, and learn a thing or two.
It's better to meet your hero later.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 2
      01-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #37
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Try lambo or Ferrari forum, people here are not rich enough for this
      01-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #38
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
next year I'll be going to college (hopefully attending UCLA and majoring in business) and after that I plan to go to grad school to earn an MBA.
let me give you a head start. lesson one, page one, first line: there is no free lunch.
      01-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #39
Connor_b123
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Look, Connor, you're lucky to share a hobby with your father and this should be an exciting time for you to learn about cars as well as the world around you.

We don't know you or your father, but you should see why, based on your original post, that many would think/assume that you're some entitled kid asking for a handout. But I'll chalk it up to "immaturity".

You've already learned how to drive stick on your father's previous E90 M3, which also happens to be the car you aspire to own. It's great that you have a passion and something to aspire to at your age.
Make that your goal and work toward it. It might not happen right away; it might not happen while you're in college, it might not even happen until you retire, but keep pushing.
If you're fortunate enough to receive help along the way (i.e., your father, winning the lottery, etc.), then great, but don't expect it from your family, friends, or from anyone else, especially from strangers on the internet.
In the meantime, chill out and enjoy your adolescence.
Buy an older/used manual sports car you can afford and have fun with it. Get involved in the scene, meet friends along the way, and learn a thing or two.
It's better to meet your hero later.
Thank you, I have made it one of the many goals that drives me to put forth my best effort every day. Knowing how my original post came off, I feel that it didn't accurately reflect me as a person. It reflected a somewhat immature and impulsive side of me that said "hey, heres your dream car, heres a large audience of people who appreciate it in a similar way that you do... just post something and see what happens" . I don't believe myself to be immature but I wouldn't expect anyone to believe that based of that post, haha. Since my post doesn't really provide anything productive for this forum I will likely taking it down very soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:35 PM   #40
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

My oh my. This thread lol
      01-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #41
BanjoPaterson
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

I wasn't going to bite, but damn it, Connor, it's like a 15oz steak hanging bear-reachable height on a pine in Yosemite...

First - except for the 1% of the population who are somehow entitled or just stupidly lucky, every other person in the 99% has unfulfilled dreams, wishes, hopes plus problems you don't see. Someone once summed it up "There are a million things you can have; and a million things you can't; and when you know the difference you'll be a lot happier."

Second - I'm going with you being in the same 99% that I, and a lot of others here, are in, which is an M3 is something we've aspired to, worked hard to get, work hard to maintain, and it's (at least for me) something that pleases me without consuming my life (except for rod bearings... rod bearings can consume your life).

Now systemic begging is still begging and, take it from me, begging ain't going to get you a car. I used to busk many, many moons ago for money when I was at Uni. I was so bad I used to get money from stores just to busk somewhere else. And here's the tip. I barely made enough for cigarettes (ps kick the habit if you smoke - I did), let alone beer and bus money home.

Now it looks like you're trying to get good grades to get a degree, so kudos there. Frankly, every A you get studying is a REAL step closer to your dream car. And get rid of the stupid begging page. It's still begging.

Finally, when I was about your age (and Jimmy Carter was president, to give you a time line), my dream car was a 1979 Porsche 928. Then, when it came time to where I could afford one, I bought a house. Next time I could afford one, I decided to have children. They stopped making them and the next time I could afford one, I decided to send my kids to private education to give them a start in life. Only a few years ago could I afford to buy one... and I bought an M3 instead. And with no regrets (well, none after I do my RB change anyway).

Go figure.

And the funny thing is, I still track 928 prices... which, by the way, are going up. Ironically, with things as they are, I now can't afford one....

mmmmm......

Maybe I should dust that old guitar again...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #42
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
https://www.gofundme.com/connors-dream-car

I'm sure no one will donate to this, but if by some miracle it did get funded it would mean a lot. This specific m3 used to belong to my dad until he traded it in and moved on to a new car. This is the car I learned to drive manual on and it was a very fun, memorable experience. After seeing this car in my garage every time I go outside and driving it on many occasions I have fallen in love with it. I believe that being able to daily drive an m3 and experience owning it would be a fantastic, very fun experience. I will own an e90 m3 at some point in my life... most likely not now, but eventually. I would be surprised to get donations and they would be more than appreciated.
Does your dad know you posted this?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #43
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

I'm actually shocked it's been 9 hours and no one donated yet. What gives people?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #44
rmcard
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 (AW/ZCP)

If they would let you donate $0.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
I'm actually shocked it's been 9 hours and no one donated yet. What gives people?
I would have.
Appreciate 0