BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #1585
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Sweden too. It's an oldie but a classic.

Holy shit this is unreal. Give it some time and watch some snowflake try to pass some law to fine people with large muscles.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #1586
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Holy shit this is unreal. Give it some time and watch some snowflake try to pass some law to fine people with large muscles.
How large? Just enough for a fat cop to envy? Unless Swedish laws really allow those cops to make such unqualified conclusions the man should definitely proceed complaining on the prosecutors and suing the sucker.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #1587
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

shoulders keep popping. particularly my front delt area.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #1588
Mingwan
Major
Rep

idk why people insist on taking weights off of my machine while im at the water fountain. for one, I leave my stuff on the seats, or around the area to let people know its being used. secondly, there are literally weights all around me they could've taken.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #1589
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
How large? Just enough for a fat cop to envy? Unless Swedish laws really allow those cops to make such unqualified conclusions the man should definitely proceed complaining on the prosecutors and suing the sucker.
I agree the guy has a pretty normal athletic built. I wonder what they would have done if Pudzanowski went there in his prime?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #1590
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
idk why people insist on taking weights off of my machine while im at the water fountain. for one, I leave my stuff on the seats, or around the area to let people know its being used. secondly, there are literally weights all around me they could've taken.
How do you know the machine is yours? Why don't they then? To my understanding the only way to keep equipment "being used" is using it. Once you're through (wipe it, remove the weights as it's the rule and) step aside. Keep your stuff off (in the locker room?) all the time. I act like that even when I'm alone in the gym. Free up you mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 02:11 PM   #1591
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
They arrested some American pro BBers who went there for a convention a few years back lmao
Sweden is a fucking comedy show man.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #1592
Winslow211
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M 235i

girls that never make eye contact unless they think your not looking
weights not put back
trainers that talk to much instead of training their clients
front desk staff that ignore your entering or leaving
gyms that refuse to cancel your memership
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #1593
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

wow...today's generation of chicks are crazy and aggressive. I actually have a stalker now at the gym which is literally freaking me out. she got my phone # from one of the staff members that's apparently a friend of her's. I know the staff and they know i'm married as my whole family goes to that gym. she text me and it goes like this

her: Hi!
me: "?"
her: I'm Michelle
me: umm..I don't know a Michelle?
her: we had a brief conversation at the cable machine
me: really?
her: you asked if I was using the lat pull down bar?
me: okay
her: I wanted to know if you'd like to have lunch?
me: sorry, i'm married
her: oh, I always see you come in a group
me: yes, that's my wife and my 3 boys
her: wow, you don't look your age
me: nope
her: okay, ummm how about lunch as friends?
me: not a good idea but thanks anyways
her: I see you checking me out all the time!
me: I check out all the girls in the gym...all the time!
her: you might like what you see!
me: thanks but no thanks!
her: so will you be at the gym tonight?
me: yes...with my family
her: can I say hi?
me: it's a free country!
her: will your wife be upset
me: what do you think?
her: I don't know?
me: anyways, like I said...i'm married but have a nice day!
her: sounds like your curious?
me: nope...but you're starting to freak me out
her: your eyes say otherwise
me: please don't text me anymore...thank you and have a nice day!

she literally text me the next day and ask what time I'll be at the gym? I ignore her. seriously, girls nowadays are pretty effing aggressive. if I was single I would be all over that like white on rice but I got too much to lose...nice house...nice car. not losing that for a hawt girl in yoga pants!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Delta03117475.50
      05-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #1594
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Leaving a gym bag, towel etc on a bench while you go to get a drink or take a quick piss is pretty standard marking of territory

But maybe not as I've come back from the water fountain to find someone unloading a 585lb bar that has knee wraps hanging off it and a gym bag and oly shoes literally in the middle of the rack
yep, exactly.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #1595
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
What a slick bitch. LMAO. Good ego boost, I guess, but damn, pretty creeper status to get your number from the staff.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #1596
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Leaving a gym bag, towel etc on a bench while you go to get a drink or take a quick piss is pretty standard marking of territory
My point is marking of public territory as your own is absolutely incorrect. Your intention to use it (any soon, not right away) does not count as using. You have to make it legally private or comply.

Regarding a gym:
  • Don't hurry to piss, really. Mind your pants!
  • Don't you need a break anyway before another take on the same equipment?

• Do you really use the same thing repeatedly instead of going for something different before you return? Or do you leave you "marks" all over the place therefore? You should either rent the whole gym or provide the fast rotation which is a key in a public place, IMHO. Don't play a cheap VIP.

Quote:
But maybe not as I've come back from the water fountain to find someone unloading a 585lb bar that has knee wraps hanging off it and a gym bag and only shoes literally in the middle of the rack
If you're not especially correct yourself why would anybody bother to be correct with you? It's particularly irritating that those who exhibit no respect for others' rights do tend to claim their own. If reservations were applicable the gym would have an "official" way for that, I suppose. Otherwise use the water fountain, then use the equipment. Make it fast for everybody, not your precious self only.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #1597
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
wow...today's generation of chicks are crazy and aggressive. I actually have a stalker now at the gym which is literally freaking me out. she got my phone # from one of the staff members that's apparently a friend of her's. I know the staff and they know i'm married as my whole family goes to that gym. she text me and it goes like this

she literally text me the next day and ask what time I'll be at the gym? I ignore her. seriously, girls nowadays are pretty effing aggressive. if I was single I would be all over that like white on rice but I got too much to lose...nice house...nice car. not losing that for a hawt girl in yoga pants!

Damn now that is what I call a strong pimp hand.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #1598
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
LOL

Get some Peni-pads. "Good for the last drop"
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #1599
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:

Commercial gym?

Sue the ever living fuck out of them for giving out your number. Maybe you can buy your own gym
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #1600
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do you train in a Planet Fitness?
No I don't.

Quote:
No, that's not how it works. Anyone who's got even a modicum of awareness of gym etiquette is not going to move a towel, gym bag or water bottle
Anyone who's got even a modicum of awareness of gym etiquette is not going to leave a towel, gym bag or water bottle on any equipment their ass is off meanwhile.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #1601
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Quote:
free weights, and machines are different.

Quote:
How do you know the machine is yours? Why don't they then? To my understanding the only way to keep equipment "being used" is using it. Once you're through (wipe it, remove the weights as it's the rule and) step aside. Keep your stuff off (in the locker room?) all the time. I act like that even when I'm alone in the gym. Free up you mind.
Wat?

1.The machine is mine because I was using it. It's that simple. when i'm done lifting, someone else can take it.

2.They don't know its 'mine'(using the equipment) because they should've been paying attention to begin with? I methodically place my gear on equipment to let people know that it was placed there intentionally, and it's still being in use. If someone doesn't want to respect that, I will play that game all day with them.

3. So, I should keep my weight training gear like my belt, shoes, or straps, and my water bottle in the locker room? then why the hell did i bring them if im not going to use them? or should place them in my locker after every set since im "technically" not using them in between? I dont think you understand why some people intentionally leave their stuff on equipment. normal people actually have to piss and hydrate, so they may leave for a bit. how is leaving your stuff on a equipment while you're gone briefly any different than using your own body as a place holder on equipment to let people know that it's still being used?

4. Just because someone is on the equipment does not mean its "being used." If that's the case, would you consider a person sitting a bench facebooking for 30 minutes while not lifting, actually using the bench still?

Quote:
My point is marking of public territory as your own is absolutely incorrect. Your intention to use it (any soon, not right away) does not count as using. You have to make it legally private or comply.

Regarding a gym:

• Do you really use the same thing repeatedly instead of going for something different before you return? Or do you leave you "marks" all over the place therefore? You should either rent the whole gym or provide the fast rotation which is a key in a public place, IMHO. Don't play a cheap VIP.

If you're not especially correct yourself why would anybody bother to be correct with you? It's particularly irritating that those who exhibit no respect for others' rights do tend to claim their own. If reservations were applicable the gym would have an "official" way for that, I suppose. Otherwise use the water fountain, then use the equipment. Make it fast for everybody, not your precious self only.
please explain to us the proper etiquette for the use of gym equipment.

Legally, when is the machine ever anyone's machine? It's a matter of courtesy. So would it be okay to quickly snatch someone's machine because they dropped their towel and went to grab it? If they weren't on the machine for that brief moment while picking up their towel, they're not "using" it, so it would be ok to take their machine, right?

Yes, its true that in between sets, you're not really using the equipment anyways. So if you were in the gym on the squat rack or bench press, would you be ok with 4 of my friends and I getting in a set in between?

dude, we're not dogs here pissing on equipment to mark them as our own lol. that's not how it works. People like me leave my stuff on a equipment to let other people know it's still in use while I'm getting water, or using the bathroom in between sets. I don't see how that is disrespectful.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #1602
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Quote:

its a prank bro.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #1603
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
The machine is mine because I was using it. It's that simple. when i'm done lifting, someone else can take it.
Hadn't I been using it before you did? You either are using it or not. I suppose.

Quote:
I methodically place my gear on equipment to let people know that it was placed there intentionally, and it's still being in use. If someone doesn't want to respect that, I will play that game all day with them.
That's so smart! I wouldn't, really.

Quote:
So, I should keep my weight training gear like my belt, shoes, or straps, and my water bottle in the locker room? then why the hell did i bring them if im not going to use them? or should place them in my locker after every set since im "technically" not using them in between?
You can place them in a bag, on the floor, wherever else you choose provided they'll be no obstacle to others. Take them with you when you move.

I had somebody's cap hanging on a side of a horizontal bar a few days in a row. It didn't really bother me. I do suppose someone just discarded it at last but I don't really care.

Quote:
I dont think you understand why some people intentionally leave their stuff on equipment. normal people actually have to piss and hydrate, so they may leave for a bit. how is leaving your stuff on a equipment while you're gone briefly any different than using your own body as a place holder on equipment to let people know that it's still being used?
Now you seem to discover why you actually bring that stuff. But never mind. You can leave for the longest bit, say, forever. Do a favour. Just take your belongings with you, please. Don't make others bothered with your pissing and hydration: that might distract them from their own needs of the kind as well.

Quote:
Just because someone is on the equipment does not mean its "being used." If that's the case, would you consider a person sitting a bench facebooking for 30 minutes while not lifting, actually using the bench still?
This is where you are damn right at last! I do appreciate I don't have to explain even that.

Quote:
please explain to us the proper etiquette for the use of gym equipment.
That's so simple: don't occupy it any longer than you need to exercise. Take your time to piss, drink, rest, phone... Not others' time.

Quote:
Legally, when is the machine ever anyone's machine? It's a matter of courtesy. So would it be okay to quickly snatch someone's machine because they dropped their towel and went to grab it? If they weren't on the machine for that brief moment while picking up their towel, they're not "using" it, so it would be ok to take their machine, right?
Wat?

Quote:
Yes, its true that in between sets, you're not really using the equipment anyways. So if you were in the gym on the squat rack or bench press, would you be ok with 4 of my friends and I getting in a set in between?
Only 4? I'd have to see them to decide. Seriously, 4 or 40 - never mind. When I take a break you can use it. I don't think I can make you all wait. Just sign me in (not your friends, you might have too many already, the queue for the rack/bench) too.

Quote:
we're not dogs here pissing on equipment to mark them as our own lol
That would be perfect, but why do you then?

Quote:
that's not how it works. People like me leave my stuff on a equipment to let other people know it's still in use while I'm getting water, or using the bathroom in between sets. I don't see how that is disrespectful.
Well. You must train differently in America... I see it disrespectful to make me wait while you're in the bathroom because it's not the bathroom I need. It's the equipment I think I could use meanwhile. Say, would I have to follow you to the bathroom to assure you make it fast? I wouldn't want to, somehow. Do you really take your sets so seriously you can't mix them with somebody's? That looks ridiculous. What if the bathroom is occupied?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 10:46 PM   #1604
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Ah, so you're the person that half this thread is complaining about. Do you train in a Planet Fitness?

No, that's not how it works. Anyone who's got even a modicum of awareness of gym etiquette is not going to move a towel, gym bag or water bottle
I had a similar situation happen but it was me who inadvertently performed the foul.

A couple of days ago it was back day. There's a specific bar I like to use on the lat pull down machine. I saw it on one of the lat pull down machines but I prefer using a different due to the different angle it works my back. So thinking no one was using that machine (at least I didn't see anything around it), I took off the bar to take it to the machine I wanted to use.

I did one set and went to get some water leaving a "marker" behind indicating the machine is being used. I go back to the machine and find the bar gone and a guy walking back to the machine I had just taken it from. I go up to him and say, "Excuse me, but I was using that bar on that machine." He said he was using it on the machine I had taken it from and he had just stepped away for a sec. He said he had only one more set and was hoping to finish before I got back to my machine as he was going to put the bar back.

We both apologized to each other. He finished his set and gave me the bar back. I connected the bar back to the machine I was using and all was well.

But getting back to the whole leaving personal stuff near or on the piece of equipment in a gym indicating you're still using it has been the etiquette for as long as I remember working out in gyms since college.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 05:50 AM   #1605
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winslow211 View Post
girls that never make eye contact unless they think your not looking
weights not put back
trainers that talk to much instead of training their clients
front desk staff that ignore your entering or leaving
gyms that refuse to cancel your memership
Girls that never make eye contact Unless they think you not looking... I’m not understanding this one. Actually I’m trying really hard to picture it
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 05:54 AM   #1606
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:

Regarding a gym:

No hate but You circuit train? Huh?
Appreciate 0