BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: ATT or Verizon
ATT 19 47.50%
Verizon 21 52.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

03-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #23
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

B's sausage fingers don't work with the Iphone.
      03-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

LOL.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #25
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Your not supposed to type with your penis?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #26
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
both, only thing you cant do is surf while talking
No.

The only thing you can't do is data and voice simultaneously. There's a big difference. Whether or not it affects an individual, that's one thing.... But for some people, no data and voice simultaneously is actually a decently weighted hindrance. That will be fixed with LTE though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I would be hesitant to go to the Iphone at VZW too, its going to take time to get their service to use all of the Iphone capabilities. VZW spent all of their money putting towers up and buying other companies, in a few years VZW will be untouchable. BB's run flawless on them, and look into Droid too. BB will not be touched as far as business emailing and being user friendly. Sounds like BB is the phone for you
VZW has the corner on the LTE freq market, but AT&T is trying to catch up (most recent I think was purchasing some of Qualcomm's freqs). Once LTE is in full swing, Verizon should be well ahead of everyone in coverage but it's too early to tell by how much. Probably a lot.

If you're thinking of heading over to Verizon, I'd suggest waiting until the LTE phone you like is out. It's no shit way better than this CDMA or HSPA+. When BB will jump on that bandwagon, I dunno.... However, with QNX taking over their OS development, it might lose familiarity with what traditional BB lovers are used to, at the price of actually being a competitive OS (also meaning they might not be years behind the curve to get up to speed with LTE, which was the case with 3G).

But definitely if you're going to switch to Verizon, use that first subsidized purchase to get an LTE phone (provided you're in one of the areas that's already been rolled out). Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest bothering.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #27
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm not definitely switching...looking at it makes most sense to stick with ATT, as that's what the whole company is on and they handle our land lines too. Gonna stop in and check out the 9700 later
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I'm not definitely switching...looking at it makes most sense to stick with ATT, as that's what the whole company is on and they handle our land lines too. Gonna stop in and check out the 9700 later
I know you like Blackberry, so you might want to go ahead and check out the Playbook when you get the chance. It's QNX's first implementation of what is to come from BB, so it might help to get a feel for the future of the BB OS. I'm not saying buy one, I'm just saying dick around with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #29
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I know you like Blackberry, so you might want to go ahead and check out the Playbook when you get the chance. It's QNX's first implementation of what is to come from BB, so it might help to get a feel for the future of the BB OS. I'm not saying buy one, I'm just saying dick around with it.

I'll check it out

Main reason I switched from BB is the build quality on my curve was shit...but playing around with the new stuff seems to be much better built. The OS/interface is much better though...considering I was constantly on my iphone, it's amazing how unfamiliar I felt with the iOS...not using a BB for a year and a half and it's still completely familiar/intuitive to me
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #30
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looks like if I don't wanna get a Bold 9000 I'll have to switch to Verizon...ATT wants to charge me $300 for 9700 with a 2 yr contract. Fail.

They tried talking me into a Torch. Cannot get through their head that eventually field technicians will be using these phones, and they will break Torches like it's their job.
Appreciate 0