BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

05-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Has Carly disappointed you?

Has anyone felt the same way?

I just received my Gen 2 adapter and paid for full version. I did research before I chose the right combo and am disappointed. I was excited to potentially see some excellent coding options but unfortunately, for me, there’s nothing exciting. I do know others enjoy the “idrive in motion”, corner light delete, angel eye brightness, digital speedometer, etc.

So, at the end of the day, this is a $150 diagnostic tool since I do not have any interest in the coding aspects of the software.

Back in my e36 days, I had Pa soft 1.4. INPA and NCS expert were the “go-to” softwares and do remember them to be far more advanced although not as simplified and user friendly as Carly.

Would anyone say otherwise? Do you recommend a different route? I am looking into the $30 inpa cables off eBay and running diagnostics(if need be) off my laptop
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:37 PM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Learn how to code with ncs expert and translation with ncs Dummy. For what it is Carly is great for the average joe.

Ncs will let you change every single parameter of the car then you can get into the custom recoding.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #3
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Look into Protool by Bimmergeeks. Android based app that does everything NCS does. Even has expert level coding. I have had very good success with it. It is not vin locked so you can do multiple vehicles.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 05:38 AM   #4
E46tknv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Learn how to code with ncs expert and translation with ncs Dummy. For what it is Carly is great for the average joe.

Ncs will let you change every single parameter of the car then you can get into the custom recoding.
So would those $30 D-Can USB adapters be sufficient to run NCS expert? Seems like they give you the software with the cable as well. Or, grab the cable alone, and softwares are available on the net for free?

Unless Carly is bought specifically for battery registration, not sure why bulbs need to be deleted and angel eye bulbs intensity amplified. Lux seems to do a great job with intensity.

And for other user, I am not an android user.
Appreciate 0