BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

07-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Exclamation Dealership Review Thread

I figured it might be a good idea to get a thread like this going. Just follow the template, and I'll update the original post whenever I can. I'll also edit the template if there's anything missing that you guys think is a good idea. I also added a "username" entry so if anyone has any questions about the details of work performed, they know who to contact.

Use this template:

Username:
Region:
Dealership Name:
Sales or Service:
Name of Salesperson/Advisor:
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest):
Work Performed/Attempted:
Recommended? (Yes or No):
Additional Comments:

Region: Alberta

Username: stefan
Region: Calgary, AB, Canada
Dealership Name: Calgary BMW
Sales or Service: Sales/Service
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Woody Woo
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 5
Work Performed/Attempted: Sales (and then squeaks, service intervals)
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes
Additional Comments:

With more and more dealerships getting bad raps, I felt the need to give my 2c over the good experiences I've had at Calgary BMW. This was my first M3, second BMW purchased there from Woody Woo. Very transparent, honest, and fast. Replies to your emails overnight, on his days off, etc. I think I spent less than 10min doing the deal on my M3. Came in with invoice price, offered a percentage profit, he asked the manager, and that was it. He has always been very helpful.

The service guys are great too, and will even pricematch parts with US dealerships (plus shipping). They have always taken my concerns seriously (135i; clutch, HPFP and M3; break in transmission oil, etc.) and always treated me with respect. Can't ask for much more. +1 for Woody Woo and Calgary BMW (and Colin in parts department, Don Murphy in service).

Region: British Columbia

Username: Schnell325
Region: Vancouver BC
Dealership Name: The BMW Store
Sales or Service: Service on 335xi
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Koren/Andrea
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): Edited: 1 [Original Comment: negative 5!!]
Work Performed/Attempted: air intake piece f*ck up
Recommended? (Yes or No): NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS
Additional Comments:
-purchased car new April 2010 (but live 800 km away from any dealer)
-CEL light from first start up -service dept cleared code....blamed bad gas
-300km later.....CEL -erratic idle/stalling
-diagnosed as a cracked intake boot later in 2010 at Dilawri BMW in Regina Sask.....N55 was new engine, so no piece. Siliconed the piece until future service.

-June 15 2011...requested part be ordered from The BMW Store for service on July 15th
-July 14th, received a call saying the part was back-ordered!! And did we what to reschedule?!?! I'm 800km away!! I'm not cancelling.
July 15th, get to The BMW Store, voice my concern over the missing part. Andrea calls the Parts Dept and says that the part will be here Monday.....I am very skeptical at this point.
-July 29th, pick the car up. Andrea is not there and apparently no other SA is allowed to go over my invoice or even talk to me....I ask the cashier if the intake piece came in and was installed....."yes" was the reply. At this point I realise I should have forced the issue....but I didn't (lesson learnt)
-over the course of 4-5 weeks, I try to get Andrea to respond to my emails requesting an invoice....nothing.
-I get my sales advisor to contact the Sales Manager Koren.
-she sends me an invoice, but it's for a service on my M3 from 2010
-I ask for my wifes, and she says it's still open....pending an intake piece arriving from Germany. I am boiling at this point.
-they send me the part out of "good faith" so I can install it.

I question everything that went wrong, and there was lots I'm leaving out on this post, but the GM of the whole dealership blamed some family problems with Andrea that they had to handle, "we dropped the ball", her work wasn't evenly distributed, blah blah blah. He evens says he'll email me back within a few hours after looking in to the situation more......2 weeks later I email him to ask him where we are at and his response came across liket he was annoyed I asked him about it. I responded back that this nice thing about the whole situation is that I'll never set foot in his store ever again. He never responded

All I can say is the The BMW Store in Vancouver will never see another penny from myself. I'll never service any BMW there, and I'll never buy another car from them, nor recommend them to anyone.

Region: Ontario

Username: Rolf-Dieter
Region: Ontario Canada
Dealership Name: Town + Country BMW ~ Highly Recommended ~
Sales or Service: Sales
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Moe T. (Now retired) This was my 3rd BMW purchase from Moe T. Moe found exactly what I was looking for a fully loaded 2012 MT M3 rolled off the assembly line in the first month of the last production year for this V8.
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 5 +++
Work Performed/Attempted: Traded my 2011 M3 (wanted a fully loaded 2012 M3).
Additional Comments: Great Salesman and Management Team, I hope to find another salesman like Moe once I am in the market for a new one.

Region: California

Beverly Hills BMW

Username: NAForever
Region: SoCal
Dealership Name: Beverly Hills BMW
Sales or Service: Service
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Don't remember
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): Can I give them a 0?
Work Performed/Attempted: Oil Change, Fog Light Out
Recommended? (Yes or No): No
Additional Comments: Worst ever, took forever to complete an oil change and the SA had a terrible attitude about it. Acted as if I was a major burden and he was doing me a favor. Isn't surprising I'm in an M3 and he's in a 328.

I believe in 2nd chances, so this time maybe 1 year later I had a foglight out in my e60 which was under warranty. This time, the SA (different guy) tried to charge me $140 for a diagnostic test stating figuring out how to replace the light could endanger the techs Forever lost my business.

Bob Smith BMW

Username: persian54
Dealership Name: BobSmith BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Ken
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): Edited: 5 [Original Comment: 10 (yeah double your max biatch lol!)]
Work Performed/Attempted: Varies services and requests
Additional Comments: Ken takes care of me even though I'm in there pretty much every week (for a different issue). I'm very picky about rattles, squeaks, things not being right, etc etc. The service tech always takes a ride with me and helps find the pinpoint the issue(s). The issue(s) are resolved in a timely and profession manner. I recommended them 100%.

Dealership Name: BobSmith BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Several
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 1
Work Performed/Attempted: Looking for a new Lease
Additional Comments: I think they have too much overhead, or they think everyone is stupid rich cause they're in Calabasas. But these guys do not like to make deals. I have tried numerous times over the years to buy a car here as I live 5 minutes away and go here for service...but I never am able to make a deal :/

Dealership Name: Bob Smith BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Paul
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 4
Work Performed/Attempted: lease
Additional Comments: I generally hate Bob smith sales, but Paul was able to help out and get a great deal. not a 5 star cause paperwork took forever... but much better experience than I have had in the past

Center BMW

Dealership Name: Center BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Mark? I forgot
Work Performed/Attempted: None, didn't negotiate
Additional Comments:
Would not budge on price. Not too informed on car(s). Talked rather impolitely.

Username: LateBraking
Region: Southern California
Dealership Name: Center BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Ahh....no idea.
Work Performed: 1,200 mile service.
Recommended? (Yes or No): Sure.
Additional Comments: Well they took care of the 1,200 mile service, no problems. Wasn't the most polite in the world but polite enough, dealer is kind of small and hard to access, Kia rental sucked, but the service was done so I have no real complaints.

Crevier BMW

Username: wuzupfoo
Region: Socal/OC
Dealership Name: Crevier
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Some useless schmuck
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 2
Work Performed/Attempted: Tried to figure out an intermittent starting problem thats been haunting me for about a year.
Recommended? (Yes or No): NO
Additional Comments: Been there 3 times now for the same problem each time. First time they told me it was bad gas... ya right.. second time they said maybe I was imagining it and it would go away. 3rd time they told me both of the above then accused me of modifying the battery... how the f.. do you modify a battery! At this point im completely finished ever going to Crevier. They are on my personal shit list and will steer anyone looking for a BMW away from them

Dealership Name: Crevier BMW
Sales or Service: Service and Parts Sales.
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Mark. Forgot the last name.
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 1 (Service) 4 (Parts Sales)
Work Performed/Attempted: Transmission Repair, Parts Purchases
Recommended? (Yes or No): No for service, yes for parts.
Additional Comments: Faulty transmission on my 2008 M3. Said he would inspect/test drive to verify. Called back and said they would not service. When I returned, found that vehicle ahd not even been moved from where It had been last left. Not recommended. As for parts sales, they usually have most parts and items in stock, and have a very friendly and mostly knowledgeable parts department. Recommended.

Irvine BMW

Username: Sean Alexander
Dealership Name: Irvine BMW
Sales or Service: Both
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Brett / AJ
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 3
Work Performed: New Car Sales (x2) Service (x9) Repair (x1)
Additional Comments: Was a rough relationship with the service department at first, then I found AJ, who will actually listen when the client happens to know what they're talking about. Now the relationship is smooth as silk, purchases go well, service is attentive and responsive, rarely try to pull B.S. and when they do, I simply explain how/why what they are claiming isn't accurate and they'll make it right.

Sales or Service: Parts Sales
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: No Idea.
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 2
Work Performed: Part Sales.
Recommended? (Yes or No): No.
Additional Comments: Didn't have the part in stock despite me calling ahead to confirm, didn't know what they were doing, rude, brushed me off, etc. Not recommended.

McKenna BMW

Username: atomhawk
Region: Southern Califorina
Dealership Name: McKenna
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Nick LoCasale
Work Performed/Attempted: Lease M3
Additional Comments: I will have to admit that this was the most interesting new car buying experience I have ever had. Everything went smoothly in the beginning (sort of). Nick def. knows and loves his cars but the problems started after the sale. First, I noticed that some basic things were missing from the car that I was promised: mats, full tank of gas, etc etc. Then I noticed the rear tow cover was missing... getting all of this stuff was amazingly painful. Then I got a call TWO WEEKS after I bought the car asking me to sign a form saying that I was okay that the car was punched 11 MONTHS AGO effectively shaving a year off of my warranty! How was this not disclosed to me in the beginning?! Needless to say, I did not sign the form and the deal was unwound -- what a waste of time for everyone.

Long Beach BMW

Dealership Name: Long Beach BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Mariebelle, forgot last name.
Work Performed: Power steering once, faulty ABS secondary pump sensor once.
Additional Comments: Went in once for my 2008 M3 when the power steering was acting up. They inspected the system, and I believe they flushed it for me. Problem solved. Recently, some brake fluid got on my secondary ABS pump sensor, which caused it to malfunction and go into limp mode. Replaced under warranty and in a timely manner.

Mountain View BMW

Username:a240reef
Dealership Name: BMW of Mountain View
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Miltak Vlaho
Work Performed/Attempted: Sold me by 2012 e92 JB ZCP DCT
Additional Comments: Good honest salesman. That's all you need to know.

New Century BMW

Username: richpuer
Region: Los Angeles
Dealership Name: New Century BMW (Collision Center)
Sales or Service: Service (Body work)
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: William Dominguez
Work Performed/Attempted: Repair Rear quarter panel and rear suspension
Recommended? (Yes or No): YES
Additional Comments: my 328i was T-boned in the rear quarter panel. 20k worth of damage..they replaced the entire rear suspension and rear panel...paint was flawless...orange peel matched..mechanical work superb...car drives better than when it was brand new...no noises, creaks, or rattles...EXCELLENT shop for body work or repairs.

Dealership Name: New Century BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Tim West
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 6
Work Performed/Attempted: dashboard rattles, loose hood roundel, armrest rattle, seat squeak, brake pedal squeaks)
Recommended? (Yes or No): YES, Highly
Additional Comments: dropped the M3 off this morning...happy to get a loaner car last minute. so far, the people were very nice...Tim was really nice too...easy to deal with...lets hope they fix all my issues/complaints so i can report back here with good news and ratings!

got the car back yesterday...car was NOT WASHED, as per my request, it was in perfect condition...I brought the car in with 5 complaints...5 out of 5 were resolved...This service department is Money...very satisfied at the level of work and knowledge of their technicians. I hope they maintain this standard for years to come...will be taking all my bimmers here from now on.

Pacific BMW

Dealership Name: Pacific BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Varies
Work Performed/Attempted: Various services
Additional Comments: This place is amazing as long as you get the right tech!

Username: Sean05
Dealership Name: Pacific BMW (Glendale)
Sales or Service: BOTH
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: some chick/Hassan
Work Performed/Attempted: regular maintenance
Recommended? (Yes or No): Y
Additional Comments: always had good experience, even on a small change oil i get my loaner.. unlike other BMW dealer

Dealership Name: Pacific BMW
Sales or Service: Service and parts sales.
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Started with an R, I completely forgot.
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 5 for sales and service.
Work Performed: Transmission replacement.
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes.
Additional Comments: I did have to go in twice, but the second time I dealt with a service advisor with a name starting with an R, rather than one Hassam Salem. Hassam didn't really do anything, and I left without anything being done the first time, but the other advisor, R, I think Robert maybe? Asian guy. Anyways, he got my transmission replaced on my 2008. Little hassle, little fuss, wasn't exactly the most happy-go-lucky buttery personality guy, but was very straight to the point and got stuff done. Recommended.

Santa Monica BMW

Username :mym3>urcar
Dealership Name: Santa Monica BMW
Sales or Service: service
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Bill
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): Edited: 5 [Original Comment: 5]
Work Performed/Attempted:
Recommended? (Yes or No): NOOOOOO
Additional Comments: Worst dealership i have ever been to. On two seperate occasions the claimed to have to order some parts from germany and it should take about a month. Then i transfered my car to another dealership (both times), and what a surprise, my car is ready in a couple days. IF YOU GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP THEY WILL FUCK UP YOUR CAR AND KEEP IT FOREVER, THEY ARE MORONS AND SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TOUCH BMW'S!!!!!!!!!!
Savage BMW

Username: Amirz1000
Region: so cal
Dealership Name: Savage BMW (Ontario, CA)
Sales or Service: both
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Rowland/Paul Brewer
Work Performed/Attempted: new car sales/reg service/front bushings/fan clutch
Additional Comments: Paul is great and goes to bat for you. worked with my aftermarket warranter company on my e46 m3. they were very tight and he made them pay for everything that they were supposed to after many calls. Paul also makes sure a certain tech works on my cars since they are M's. Rowland was great to deal with as well when buying my e92 in feb.

Shelly BMW

Dealership Name: Shelly BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Alana Turner
Work Performed/Attempted: n/a
Additional Comments: in terms of price, I could have gone to ST to get an even better deal by buying the 4th 2011 of the year but Alana had the car I wanted and I was on deadline to buy this one...i did get a good amount of freebees so that made up for it...but most important, they had the car i wanted and with only 8 miles on it...if i bought it from ST, they would have to trade for it and put on 80 miles + train tickets + time...wouldnt of made much difference anyway...dont get my wrong, i love ST and Ryan and will still be buying all cars from them in the future, as well as referring people there.

Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Axel
Work Performed/Attempted: Leased my M3
Additional Comments: Axel was very helpful throughout the years. He knew I was looking for a car before (335i) but never got it from him (he couldn't get me the car). Knew I wanted a Z4, but couldn't get it at the price I wanted (no one could, I did a lease transfer, only way to get the car I wanted, it was by luck too). And when he knew I was looking for a M3, he got me exactly what I wanted. I paid a little more than I would have wanted to (1k over invoice versus 600 over invoice), but nonetheless I was in an out rather easily. The reason I give a 4 instead of a 5 is that after the deal was done, although he was attentive, he wasn't [i]as[/] attentive as prior to closing the deal. Plus I don't like it when a CA has to keep going to a manager to ask if a price is ok... Great CA nonetheless.

Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Gabriel
Work Performed/Attempted: 335i dash rattles, rear deck rattles, humming sound when cruising above 80mph
Additional Comments: SA was nice and friendly, but the techs only resolved 1 out of 3 complaints that i had....they didnt seem to care and thought i was crazy for complaining about rattles....they only fixed the dash rattle but the rest is still there...but the dash rattle they fixed isnt 100% fixed...still comes and goes....i think ill just stop with this brand after these are dust.

South Bay BMW

Dealership Name: South Bay BMW
Sales or Service: Sales and Service
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Mrs. Kim? (Sales, forgot full name), Eric Lopez/Hernandez? (Service)
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 4 (Sales) 1 (Service)
Work Performed: Vehicle Sale, Transmission Repair.
Recommended? (Yes or No): Sales Yes, Service No.
Additional Comments: Despite the car having just come out and dealers marking the vehicle up, I got MSPR on the 2008 M3 through Mrs. Kim. Everyone else wanted 5k above MSRP at the time, so I took it. Was not hard to deal with, recommended. Dealt with Eric Lopez/Hernandez for service, and he blatantly lied to me. Said that the shop took apart my transmission and inspected all the synchros individually for problems, and found no faults with it. Since we know that these transmissions are sealed and returned to BMW unopened in the event of a malfunction, clearly he was lying. Stay away for service.

Username: Persian54
Dealership Name: South Bay BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Ben?
Work Performed: Looking for an e93 Lease
Additional Comments: he gave me the best possible lease numbers out of ANYONE (STBMW included). However, the MSRP on their M3 was just too high for me (near 85k) so even with the great deal the $ wasn't worth it for me over the E93 M3 I did get (it had options I didn't care for, like smartphone and stuff). But the CA was very informative and quick in responding. I will definitely try to deal with him again in the future

South County BMW

Username: Mahmood07
Region: San Diego, CA
Dealership Name: BMW South County
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Natasha Silveira
Work Performed/Attempted: Steering Angle sensor change, update software, brakes.
Additional Comments: This is the person to see if you are anywhere near the San Diego area. Very mod friendly, and will go over the top to get your car done perfectly and timely.

Sterling BMW

Username: onnex
Region: So. Cal
Dealership Name: Sterling BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Bobby
Work Performed/Attempted: No
Recommended? (Yes or No): NO!
Additional Comments: Avoid like the plague. Changed my trade-in appraisal on me after committing on a car. Added $1500 to the price of car after committing (for work that never ended up happening, and parts that weren't purchased. Changed their story, and then couldn't refund because "it wasn't in writing".) Full review coming soon, but complete scum bags!

Steve Thomas BMW

Username: 2K12 BMW M3
Dealership Name: Steve Thomas BMW
Sales or Service: Sale
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Ryan Amico
Work Performed/Attempted: Sold Vehicle
Additional Comments: Very nice ca. Very easy to work with no hassle. I walked out of the dealership in like 15-20min and this was with getting my trade in quote.

Region: Southern Calif
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes, Highly
Additional Comments: purchased three BMWs from Ryan this year. that alone tells you how i feel about this dealer and CA. Amazing sales experience ever.

Work Performed/Attempted: Looking for a lease
Additional Comments: Additional Comments: The best CA you can find. End of discussion

Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Warren Matsui
Work Performed/Attempted: DCT Transmission failure, 1200mi service
Additional Comments: Very nice SA, attentive, great attention to details...asked him not to wash my car ONE time, and didnt have to mention it again during subsequent service visits.

Sales or Service: Sale
Work Performed/Attempted: Sold Vehicle
Additional Comments: No hassle/haggling, quick communications, easy to deal with.

Valencia BMW

Username: OC3
Dealership Name: Valencia BMW
Name of Service Advisor: Mark David
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 5+
Work Performed: Lube, Oil & Filter Change
Additional Comments: Received a $99 promo offer from Valencia BMW for Lube, Oil & Filter Change that was intended for VIN matching my (now gone) 2008 M3 (they obviously didn't know that I now drive a 2011 M3, leased thru another SoCal dealer). Called Mark, he said he'll apply the promo offer to my current M3 *and* did the service on the same day in an hour. Plus, gave me a car wash. Mark came highly recommended from other forum members, and it was every bit true. I had thought I'd never go back to Valencia BMW for service, but I change my mind!

Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Mark
Work Performed/Attempted: Varies repairs, tire warranty
Additional Comments: Mark is not mod friendly, but he does get the job done. Helped me out big time when I needed a tire warranty claim before I returned my car

Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Hamid/Brandon
Work Performed/Attempted: 2011 Z4 lease
Additional Comments: Discussed the rate over the phone and email with brandon. Went in, test drove, sealed the deal. No time wasted on negotiations. Would have been in an our in under an hour if I didn't sit there and think about the other Z4 that was 300 miles away. Another buyer was there trying to get the same car. Hamid got me the needed paperwork, I filed it out and got it to the Finance manger first. Thanks to Hamid, I was able to take the car

Region: Idaho

Username: Rolf-Dieter
Region: Idaho USA
Dealership Name: Idaho Falls BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Service and Parts Manager
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): -1
Work Performed/Attempted: see comments below
Additional Comments: While on a US road trip last summer with my then new Z4 35i I experienced a flat on my rear driver site wheel. The flat was due to a crack on my wheel. I was told by this dealership: The US and Canadian Warranty are not the same (this turned out later not to be true) and I only have two options open to me, 1) Be towed to the nearest Canadian dealership by road side assistance or 2) Order a new wheel and have them ship the old one to Canada for warranty claims.

I opted to order a new wheel. Once the dealership received the new wheel (BMW Style 296) they said, sorry we don't change wheels this is done at the tire shop. So I followed the Parts Manager to the tire shop. He introduced me and then promptly left. The shop people there went to work on my old wheel using tire irons and actually damaged my wheel (BMW Canada later declared the wheel bend). While in this tire shop I asked all other wheels to be checked for cracks, this was done and the passenger rear wheel was also found having 2 hairline cracks. I decided to drive home very carefully (3000 KM) with the two hairline cracks.

All this dealership did for me is a) put air in my tires. b) order a new wheel. and c) gave me wrong information about the BMW warranty.

If you live near this dealership avoid it like the plague
The final "Resting Place" of the wheel that I had to drag all the way home in my then 2 seater now a $700- Garden Hose Holder can be seen below, keeping my winter cover company.

I still cannot understand how an organization like BMW AG in Germany permits a Dealership to sell BMW's and not have tire removal and installation service at there facilities. In my book, BMW IDAHO FALLS took me to a tire shop to install a brand new wheel then that tire shop bend my cracked wheel. Then telling me leis that BMW warranty in the US and Canada are not the same ... I drag this wheel all the way back to Canada in a 2 seater sports car then BMW Canada tells me the wheel is bend ... of course it is when the tire shop removed the RFT with 2 tire irons leaving 2 deep gauge marks behind of course it is bend what else does one expect. Now if that is not screwing a customer over I don't know what is.

Region: Michigan

Username: Jjw2331
Region: Southeast Michigan
Dealership Name: Erhard BMW of Bloomfield Hills
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: David Nank (sales)/Mike Hood (service)
Work Performed/Attempted: Scheduled maintenance, bad ignition coils, broken wheel speed sensor (my fault), squeaky center console, engine replacement (7-series), HPFP recall.
Additional Comments: Our family has gotten several BMW's at Erhard from David Nank. Very easy to work with. Fights for the price you want. He also sold me my soon to arrive M3. Mike Hood has been great to work with also. He made sure everything was fixed and checked as requested. Doesn't BS you about things you might need on your car (i.e. sludge cleaner). He only cares about making sure your car runs great and is safe to drive.

Region: New Jersey

Username: SergioPark
Region: New Jersey (North)
Dealership Name: BMW of Tenafly
Name of Salesperson/Advsor: Ricki Shamen
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 5+
Work Performed/Attempted: Ordered 2012 E92 M3
Additional Comments: I cannot say enough good things about Ricki. Very easy to work with, no BS pricing and she helped me through my numerous configuration changes. If you are in the market for a BMW in the NJ area, I would highly recomend talking to Ricki.

Region: Central New Jersey
Dealership Name: BMW of Mt. Laurel
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Bobby Jones
Work Performed/Attempted: Scheduled maintenance, wheel alignment.
Additional Comments: They finish your car fast, if you have an appointment. Unfortunately, they might be working too fast since they failed to check my alignment when I requested it during my first visit. They fixed my crooked steering wheel and did my alignment after I complained about in a review (I guess some service centers do read them).

Username: DocJohn
Dealership Name: Flemington BMW
Sales or Service: Service and Service
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Service Jim Hierl, sales Ed Kiley
Work Performed/Attempted: Scheduled maintenance, sales of 2012 M3, past sales of 2002 M3
Additional Comments: A very "high end" experience, and caring staff. Greeted promptly in a brand new indoor enclosed garage. Bright and airy, with open service bays that you can observe. You are offered a beverage and wait in one of several lounges. Appears overstaffed, but that is nice! They introduce you to your tech, and you can request him again for future services. Sales was a breeze. None of the typical nonsense. I sold my porsche to come to this dealership! Overall, good prices, fair treatment and a "ritz carlton" experience. Only ever had one problem there, way back in 2004, and it was fixed with no hassles!

Username: PhillyNate
Region: New Jersey
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: CA Ky Williams/ SA Kurt Foster
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 5 for both
Work Performed/Attempted: Sales. Routine maintenance and miscellaneous on 2 BMW's
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes and Yes
Additional Comments: Had to change CA's in the middle to Ky on my 2011 due to another CA's apathy. Ky was great after that. SA Kurt Foster is awesome and has always done everything I ask provided I bring donuts first.
I go to BMW of Mt. Laurel which is far outta the way for me due to a douchebag sales experience I had with a much closer BMW dealership when seeking a 2008. I swore not to use them for anything after that.

Region: New York

Username: JAdamz
Region: Long Island, NY
Dealership Name: Rallye BMW (Westbury, NY)
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Brian Cano
Work Performed/Attempted: Purchased a new 2011.75 E92, had them install black Performance grills on it, and requested no front plate and no Rallye badge (a plastic badge that they stick on to new cars)
Additional Comments: Brian Cano was very accomodating to my requests and was willing to work with me on price. His communication was excellent over phone and e-mail throughout the entire ordering process. The other members of the sales team that I dealt with were also knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. These associates included Michael Corssen (operations manager) and Amanda Tully (business manager). Additionally, on delivery day when a small handprint was seen on a leather seat and some surface scratches were found on one of the Performance grills, they immediately requested the detailing team to attempt to fix the issues, which they succeeded in. While I did remind them about it several times just for my own sanity, the car was delivered without the front plate installed and without a Rallye badge (as requested). A very good experience overall and I would definitely buy from them again!

Username: pman10
Region: NY/CT
Dealership Name: Pace BMW/ BMW of Greenwich
Work Performed/Attempted: Maintenance, servicing
Additional Comments: Both the dealership and service department are knowledgable and competent in their work. Can sometimes be a challenge to get a loaner, though (unless you make an appointment several weeks in advance).

Username: BKMK5
Dealership Name: Habberstad
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Chandler/Mike
Work Performed/Attempted: regular maintenance/HPFP
Additional Comments: Sales was good when purchasing my 335i. Would not budge on the M3 ED pricing. What turned me off was the 3 attempts to get my HPFP fixed due to delayed starting. Poor troubleshooting skills on their part. Once the car stalled in the middle of the street and I was furious they replaced the fuel pump and the car ran perfectly ever since!

Region: Pennsylvania

Username: SchnellM3
Dealership Name: Faulkner BMW (Lancaster, Pa)
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Johnathan Hoxworth
Work Performed/Attempted: All service, installed alarm in 09
Additional Comments: Jonathan is highly recommended, he is a straight forward person who has a passion for BMW's and is very knowledgeable. He tells you what the bottom line is on what you are doing and doesn't give you the run around. He also doesn't lite up your phone everyday bugging you to come back in. Really down to earth guy, plain and Simple the best car salesman I've ever done business with. I won't buy a BMW from anyone else.

http://faulknerbmw.com/index.cfm

http://faulknerbmw.com/Meet_Our_Staff.cfm

Username: foodle
Dealership Name: P&W BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Tom Morgan
Work Performed/Attempted: 2011 E90 M3
Additional Comments: Great CA to deal with. Got me an e90 M3 allocation when they were getting very rare with no problem. Good to work with. Responsive. But very busy.
Pros: Responsive. No BS. Works hard for the client. Passionate about the cars.
Cons: Not quite as knowledgeable about the cars as some obsessed forum members.

Username: singletrack
Region: Western Pennsylvania
Dealership Name: Sewickley Car Store BMW
Sales or Service: Used them for both
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Paul Resko (Service Manager) KC Kowalyk (GM)
Work Performed/Attempted: Oil change and normal service on 750Li
Additional Comments: See this thread for more details:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594515

Region: Texas

Username: Straight Dave
Region: Southwest Houston
Dealership Name: Momentum BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Devin/Jason
Work Performed/Attempted: Purchase/service
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes but very subjectively
Additional Comments: I usually never use this dealership but they had the m3 i wanted so had to go there, the salesman was very corteous but lacked any knowledge of the car, even when it came to parts he was a minimal help saying most of the things i wanted have never been done before (Lip, black grilles, etc.) In the end I got the car but he was volatile to say the least when I brought up other BMW dealerships doing a better job then them.

Region: Virginia

Username: E30_80Y
Region: Virginia
Dealership Name: BMW of Fairfax
Sales or Service: Use car/internet sales
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Andrew Caprio and Mary Webb
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 1 or 0 if I could put that
Work Performed/Attempted: Tried buying a used car from their internet ad, I'm in Florida. 2 weeks and I couldn't get the answer I wanted, kept getting the run around and "we will call you right back!" Bulls#it. Even though the car was still available, they couldn't tell me if my loan was approved or not. After 2 weeks, I decided I don't need to buy it from them.
Additional Comments: I complained with BMW of North America about the horrible experience and their unprofessional-ism and I also posted of dealership review website.

Username: flagger
Region: Southwestern Virginia / Roanoke
Dealership Name: Valley BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Geary Surber/ -
Work Performed: New Car Sales (x1) Service (x4 3[E92] / 1[E46]) Repair (x1 E46)
Additional Comments: Small dealership with very helpful staff. Services my E92 and previously my E46.

Last edited by LateBraking; 01-03-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Additional Comments: always had good experience, even on a small change oil i get my loaner.. unlike other BMW dealer
      07-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
Great, I'll add your review to the OP now.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Nice Brian.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB C43

Dealership Name: Habberstad
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Chandler/Mike
Work Performed/Attempted: regular maintenance/HPFP
Additional Comments: Sales was good when purchasing my 335i. Would not budge on the M3 ED pricing. What turned me off was the 3 attempts to get my HPFP fixed due to delayed starting. Poor troubleshooting skills on their part. Once the car stalled in the middle of the street and I was furious they replaced the fuel pump and the car ran perfectly ever since!
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Region: NY/CT
Dealership Name: Pace BMW/ BMW of Greenwich
Work Performed/Attempted: Maintenance, servicing
Additional Comments: Both the dealership and service department are knowledgable and competent in their work. Can sometimes be a challenge to get a loaner, though (unless you make an appointment several weeks in advance).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Additional Comments: Avoid like the plague. Changed my trade-in appraisal on me after committing on a car. Added $1500 to the price of car after committing (for work that never ended up happening, and parts that weren't purchased. Changed their story, and then couldn't refund because "it wasn't in writing".) Full review coming soon, but complete scum bags!
      07-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
What can u expect? Its Newport beach and OC housewives don't haggle.

Here and at crevier u pay full boat.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
Straight Dave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3

Region: Southwest Houston
Dealership Name: Momentum BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Devin/Jason
Work Performed/Attempted: Purchase/service
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes but very subjectively
Additional Comments: I usually never use this dealership but they had the m3 i wanted so had to go there, the salesman was very corteous but lacked any knowledge of the car, even when it came to parts he was a minimal help saying most of the things i wanted have never been done before (Lip, black grilles, etc.) In the end I got the car but he was volatile to say the least when I brought up other BMW dealerships doing a better job then them.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post

Put up a few reviews as well! I know how you've bought a handful of BMW's lately Rich.

This thread is shaping up nicely so far.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Sean Alexander
Long-term Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 Porsche Cayman S

Garage List
Username: Sean Alexander
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Brett / AJ
Work Performed: New Car Sales (x2) Service (x9) Repair (x1)
Additional Comments: Was a rough relationship with the service department at first, then I found AJ, who will actually listen when the client happens to know what they're talking about. Now the relationship is smooth as silk, purchases go well, service is attentive and responsive, rarely try to pull B.S. and when they do, I simply explain how/why what they are claiming isn't accurate and they'll make it right.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post

Yea, i figured that much going in. They were willing to trade another dealership for my car though... pretty much the only reason I went with them. Should have been patient and ordered through Steve Thomas= lesson learned.
      07-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
Put up a few reviews as well! I know how you've bought a handful of BMW's lately Rich.

yea, looking good. Maybe organize by region
      07-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
yea, looking good. Maybe organize by region
Great idea, I'll get on that in just a sec. Thanks!

Edit: Updated by region in alphabetical order.

Last edited by LateBraking; 07-18-2011 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
flagger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Username: flagger
Region: Southwestern Virginia / Roanoke
Dealership Name: Valley BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Geary Surber/ -
Work Performed: New Car Sales (x1) Service (x4 3[E92] / 1[E46]) Repair (x1 E46)
Additional Comments: Small dealership with very helpful staff. Services my E92 and previously my E46.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #16
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:

Region: Southern Calif
Recommended? (Yes or No): Yes, Highly
Additional Comments: purchased three BMWs from Ryan this year. that alone tells you how i feel about this dealer and CA. Amazing sales experience ever.

Username:
Region:
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Warren Matsui
Work Performed/Attempted: DCT Transmission failure, 1200mi service
Additional Comments: Very nice SA, attentive, great attention to details...asked him not to wash my car ONE time, and didnt have to mention it again during subsequent service visits.

Username:
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Alana Turner
Additional Comments: in terms of price, I could have gone to ST to get an even better deal by buying the 4th 2011 of the year but Alana had the car I wanted and I was on deadline to buy this one...i did get a good amount of freebees so that made up for it...but most important, they had the car i wanted and with only 8 miles on it...if i bought it from ST, they would have to trade for it and put on 80 miles + train tickets + time...wouldnt of made much difference anyway...dont get my wrong, i love ST and Ryan and will still be buying all cars from them in the future, as well as referring people there.

Username:
Region:
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Gabriel
Work Performed/Attempted: 335i dash rattles, rear deck rattles, humming sound when cruising above 80mph
Additional Comments: SA was nice and friendly, but the techs only resolved 1 out of 3 complaints that i had....they didnt seem to care and thought i was crazy for complaining about rattles....they only fixed the dash rattle but the rest is still there...but the dash rattle they fixed isnt 100% fixed...still comes and goes....i think ill just stop with this brand after these are dust.

Username:
Region: Los Angeles
Dealership Name: New Century BMW (Collision Center)
Sales or Service: Service (Body work)
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: William Dominguez
Work Performed/Attempted: Repair Rear quarter panel and rear suspension
Recommended? (Yes or No): YES
Additional Comments: my 328i was T-boned in the rear quarter panel. 20k worth of damage..they replaced the entire rear suspension and rear panel...paint was flawless...orange peel matched..mechanical work superb...car drives better than when it was brand new...no noises, creaks, or rattles...EXCELLENT shop for body work or repairs.

Username:
Region:
Dealership Name: New Century BMW
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Tim West
Overall Experience (1 lowest 5 highest): 6
Work Performed/Attempted: dashboard rattles, loose hood roundel, armrest rattle, seat squeak, brake pedal squeaks)
Recommended? (Yes or No): YES, Highly
Additional Comments: dropped the M3 off this morning...happy to get a loaner car last minute. so far, the people were very nice...Tim was really nice too...easy to deal with...lets hope they fix all my issues/complaints so i can report back here with good news and ratings!

got the car back yesterday...car was NOT WASHED, as per my request, it was in perfect condition...I brought the car in with 5 complaints...5 out of 5 were resolved...This service department is Money...very satisfied at the level of work and knowledge of their technicians. I hope they maintain this standard for years to come...will be taking all my bimmers here from now on.

Last edited by ES_TRADER; 07-20-2011 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: forgot to add this review
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #17
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks rich!

I'll probably end up sorting these by region AND dealer if we get enough repeat reviews of single dealerships. I hope this eventually becomes a good resource for those looking to both purchase and service BMW's. I'll be happy to add non-USA dealerships as well, as long as someone includes a breakdown of how regions and stuff are structured in the area that they are posting a review for.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
m3heaven
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 E46 M3

Brian you should categorize them by dealerships too

*EDIT* just saw your last post
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Region: Southeast Michigan
Dealership Name: Erhard BMW of Bloomfield Hills
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: David Nank (sales)/Mike Hood (service)
Work Performed/Attempted: Scheduled maintenance, bad ignition coils, broken wheel speed sensor (my fault), squeaky center console, engine replacement (7-series), HPFP recall.
Additional Comments: Our family has gotten several BMW's at Erhard from David Nank. Very easy to work with. Fights for the price you want. He also sold me my soon to arrive M3. Mike Hood has been great to work with also. He made sure everything was fixed and checked as requested. Doesn't BS you about things you might need on your car (i.e. sludge cleaner). He only cares about making sure your car runs great and is safe to drive.

Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Bobby Jones
Work Performed/Attempted: Scheduled maintenance, wheel alignment.
Additional Comments: They finish your car fast, if you have an appointment. Unfortunately, they might be working too fast since they failed to check my alignment when I requested it during my first visit. They fixed my crooked steering wheel and did my alignment after I complained about in a review (I guess some service centers do read them).
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks rich!

I'll probably end up sorting these by region AND dealer if we get enough repeat reviews of single dealerships. I hope this eventually becomes a good resource for those looking to both purchase and service BMW's. I'll be happy to add non-USA dealerships as well, as long as someone includes a breakdown of how regions and stuff are structured in the area that they are posting a review for.
np...i left 2 out..updated again
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #21
amirz1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Username: Amirz1000
Region: so cal
Dealership Name: Savage BMW (Ontario, CA)
Sales or Service: both
Name of Salesperson/Advisor: Rowland/Paul Brewer
Work Performed/Attempted: new car sales/reg service/front bushings/fan clutch
Additional Comments: Paul is great and goes to bat for you. worked with my aftermarket warranter company on my e46 m3. they were very tight and he made them pay for everything that they were supposed to after many calls. Paul also makes sure a certain tech works on my cars since they are M's. Rowland was great to deal with as well when buying my e92 in feb.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #22
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Edit: Thread updated with richpuer and jjw2331 and amirz1000's latest contributions. Updated California by dealership in alphabetical order. Neat how we also achieved sticky status after 21 posts.

Last edited by LateBraking; 07-19-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0