BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
enigma
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
I like area under the curve myself:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ed..._technobabble/

That works even better but is even harder to explain to people that know vely little about cars other than TQ, good.
      01-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #24
Jack28
HUSTLER
Rep
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3

I would love for the new M3 to have 500hp! I think BMW would NEED to put
500HP on the New m3 and up the HP on the M5/6 to crush everyone! Lol
man I wish BMW does that! I hope it comes true

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2007, 05:35 AM   #25
albeik
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Formula Red S2000

Lexus IS-F

Source: http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...08_lexus_is_f/

Quote:
The speculation and hearsay is finally over. Lexus, having failed to match the basic BMW 3-series with the IS, is going straight for the big dog M3 with its new IS-F. Under the massively bulged hood you see here is a 5.0-liter beast of a V-8 engine putting out over 400 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. Behind big nineteen-inch BBS front wheels lie six-pot aluminum Brembo calipers--the first ever with "Lexus" written across them--squeezing down on 14.2-inch perforated discs that hope to also clamp down on the lips of Lexus-doubters.

The IS-F borrows its far-beyond-necessity eight-speed transmission from the LS, but unlike in the LS, gearbox can be controlled via wheel-mounted paddles. Lexus claims that upshifts are popped off in a tenth of a second, and downshifts are met with automated blips of the throttle to match engine revs.

The IS-F rides up to an inch lower than other IS models, and is wider overall thanks to flared wheel surrounds and ridiculous brake vents behind the front wheels. At the rear, the IS-F is distinguished by unique, stacked quad exhaust outlets. Aluminum trim and sport seats--finished in black or white leather--define the interior, along with a special button for a new three-mode version of VDIM, Lexus's stability control system. Like similar systems from BMW and Cadillac, the driver can chose from a full-on stability mode, a sport mode that allows for some hoonery, and a full off mode that opens the flood gate for full drift action.

And full-on drifts won't be a problem with all that power. Lexus estimates a 0-60 mph time of less than 4.9 seconds for the IS-F, which is the first Lexus "F" cars. "F" will be the designation for sporty Lexus cars, much like "M" is to BMW, "AMG" to Mercedes, and "S" and "RS" are to Audi.

Lexus general manager Bob Carter says that "the intent of creating the IS-F was not to be a competitor to other performance-sport sedans. Rather, the goal was to create a true performance sedan in a uniquely Lexus way-one that is totally authentic with a unique interpretation of raw driving thrill at all speeds and provides a whole new definition of 'usable power.'" We hope that this unique interpretation is something brand new, because the Lexus experience we think of leans toward the numb, soulless side of the scale. With the debut of the IS-F, the task of creating a real performer appears to be complete for Lexus engineers. But now the real test begins. Can the fusing of the words "Lexus" and "performance" capture the hearts of the enthusiasts who matter? We'll find out when the IS-F arrives at dealerships in early 2008.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2007, 05:40 AM   #26
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Now if you call a license plate on the bumper ugly, then I don`t know what to call the Lexus space ship.....................................it`s off scale
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2007, 11:46 AM   #27
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

It does look very Japanese.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #28
albeik
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Formula Red S2000

More "live" pictures:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/lexus-is-f/

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #29
meruyailir
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E90 325, E70 X5 3.0

Hiiiiiii... it looks trying too hard. Look at the hood. It's abnormally swollen closed to the tip.

The interior, however, looks more sophisticated than the 3.

This is ugly. I will never lay my hand on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #30
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

It's ok.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #31
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

LF-A looks way better regardless of proto or not.
Again, IS-F...try again!
Appreciate 0