BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

06-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Another one of those badge a**holes

EDIT: Meant to put this in the general BMW section, not general automotive; can a mod move it? Sorry!

Saw this today... got the whole blacked out cheap M6 badge and ///M plates all over the car. Didn't see the front, couldn't tell if it was even an MSport or not...

Really wish he had his window rolled down so I could say "nice 650 buddy"

Honestly, this almost irks me more than someone putting an M3 badge on a 328 or 335. You are already paying $93k+ for an extremely nice and fast convertible, you would assume they would have some class (unlike some kid picking up a 5 year old 335i for cheap and throwing M badges all over it... that's almost expected in some cases). The car reminds me of that 4-5 year old 750i badged as an "M7" which I also saw driving in Beverly Hills. I really really hate to generalize, but just guess what kind of person was driving both this and the 7......
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

That is sad. I agree, there's no need to do something like that. It's already a very prestigious $100k car.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
Mahzari
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

It is an M-Sport, you can tell by the dark lower rear bumper and the those wheels. It's a shame that somebody paid $100k and needed the penis-points the M-badge brings. There's a girl I went to high school who drives a first year E60 528i base model (literally zero options) with an ///M badge replacing the 528i badge. She tried to tell me it was "M Package or M Option or something" and I just nodded along.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Honestly, the only people this should piss off are M6 owners. He's prolly just trolling. I know I messed with people the minute I got my car. I told a kid at school my car has a an inline 10. I told another kid that I drive an M3 when he asked what it was called. Also, I'm pretty sure the car has the M sport package, due to that rear diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

M6/650i whatever, they're both fat boats of cars that don't deserve any M badging.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Beverly Hills: The land of fakes and posers .

Why the shock?

"Nice 650" could lead to a not so fake beat down.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

I don't understand how people like this can afford these cars in the first place. Then again, I have the same confusion regarding many of the people on this forum, as well.
      06-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Mr. Liu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 '14 E63 '05 E55K

Lol OP I see all these cars you post everyday. Must be because I work off of burton and maple.
      06-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Mindless Entertainment

You "Purists" crack me up. I love reading this crap. Let's see, BMW now introduces the M Sport Package that will include 10... That's right TEN... "M" badges on a 650i Coupe !!!!!

What the hell is the world coming to??? I say all M3,M5, M6 etc owners protest and take over BMW Headquarters !!

We have the 650i Coupe and we added the rear deck lid spoiler and a simple "M" badge on the trunk replacing the "650i" and the answer to "why would he do such a Poser thing ....... is simple!! BECAUSE I CAN !!!

Dwells... you money comment is a true wonderment!! Do you honestly believe you are the only one with money?? Look at the poor guys in Australia, Singapore and see what they are paying. The racist rant is also special. I don't think BMW considers race when they sell their products?? I think you should throw that one into their comment box and see how far it gets ya!! What you should realize is that some people lease (write off) and some buy (have disposable income) We are the latter group, how about you??

So please, you "M-Gods" that truly believe you are above the rest of us....

Keep your heads up your ass and these mindless entertaining threads coming!! If it makes you happy, these rants have purpose!!!............... it just reminds the rest of us, the world is filled with all kinds of people!!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-4KIX View Post
You "Purists" crack me up. I love reading this crap. Let's see, BMW now introduces the M Sport Package that will include 10... That's right TEN... "M" badges on a 650i Coupe !!!!!

What the hell is the world coming to??? I say all M3,M5, M6 etc owners protest and take over BMW Headquarters !!

We have the 650i Coupe and we added the rear deck lid spoiler and a simple "M" badge on the trunk replacing the "650i" and the answer to "why would he do such a Poser thing ....... is simple!! BECAUSE I CAN !!!

Dwells... you money comment is a true wonderment!! Do you honestly believe you are the only one with money?? Look at the poor guys in Australia, Singapore and see what they are paying. The racist rant is also special. I don't think BMW considers race when they sell their products?? I think you should throw that one into their comment box and see how far it gets ya!! What you should realize is that some people lease (write off) and some buy (have disposable income) We are the latter group, how about you??

Keep your heads up your ass and these mindless entertaining threads coming!! If it makes you happy, these rants have purpose!!!............... it just reminds the rest of us, the world is filled with all kinds of people!!

Cheers

Uhh, it's not a simple "M badge." He added ///M6 on an M sport vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I don't understand how people like this can afford these cars in the first place. Then again, I have the same confusion regarding many of the people on this forum, as well.
Easy - most people can't. Some people are simply in over their heads living beyond their means leasing a $100k car on a $150k/year salary or something (hint: that's not enough to afford a $100k car). Others (full disclosure, myself included) are simply the sons or daughters of people who can afford these cars which explains the general immaturity on this board. e90post sounds like it's predominated by a bunch of 20 somethings probably because it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Easy - most people can't. Some people are simply in over their heads living beyond their means leasing a $100k car on a $150k/year salary or something (hint: that's not enough to afford a $100k car). Others (full disclosure, myself included) are simply the sons or daughters of people who can afford these cars which explains the general immaturity on this board. e90post sounds like it's predominated by a bunch of 20 somethings probably because it is.
Considering the leases offered by BMW, that probably IS enough to be able to afford the lease.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
BMW has the 13' 650i convertible for lease at $889/month (probably $960/month after taxes) and $100k salary is roughly $8k a month.

Considering a decent mortgage and other expenses in life, seems like it's enough to afford it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:

Cheers

Let's see, you obviously think the M brand is impressive because you took the time to debadge your car and rebadge it with an M so people think you own an M6 - which you don't.
Sounds like a poser to me and your little tantrum kind of suggests you know how much you're being laughed at by the people who know the difference between your wannabe M and the real thing.
      06-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #15
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:

Cheers
Not sure if serious, or really justifying putting an M badge on his/her car
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Let's see, you obviously think the M brand is impressive because you took the time to debadge your car and rebadge it with an M so people think you own an M6 - which you don't.
Sounds like a poser to me and your little tantrum kind of suggests you know how much you're being laughed at by the people who know the difference between your wannabe M and the real thing.
Yup......... entertaining alright!! Ya think someone might really, really buy it as an M6??

or maybe the one pictured above??? Wow!

And really, if I'm bringing laughter to the people, that's a good thing! Do you not think the "Holy Grail M Purists supply laughter to people??

It's kinda like a Mustang show I went to once!! I complemented a guys on his Mustang and he said..."It ain't a Mustang, it's a Shelby" !! Cracked me up.

On a serious note, you M-Gods" should band together and stop BMW from putting all those foolish fake/poser M badges on non true M cars!! Yeah, that'll do it!!

Keep it coming, as I said, I love the entertainment.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Not sure if serious, or really justifying putting an M badge on his/her car
Hey Wise-one...............serious enough, but... just having fun with this thread and I'm thinking I really don't have to justify anything I do to my car!! Next they'll be telling me to take off the spoiler!! Oh, woe is the life of a Poser!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
BMW has the 13' 650i convertible for lease at $889/month (probably $960/month after taxes) and $100k salary is roughly $8k a month.

Considering a decent mortgage and other expenses in life, seems like it's enough to afford it.
Well the thing is you have to factor in what you're losing out on via investments by paying for a $100k car lease in perpetuity.

Say we're talking about a 40 year old man with a $150k/year salary spending 960/month leasing $100k cars for the rest of his life.

If he drove ~$40-50k cars instead for ~$460/month and saved $500/month, how much would that $500/month be worth by retirement age (let's say around age 70, in 30 years?)

500/month invested in the stock market with a 6.5% annual ROI yields around $500k by age 70.

What is $500k as a function of this hypothetical 40 year old man's expected liquid net worth by retirement age? I guess that's the key question to ask. If this guy is otherwise very frugal with his money and ends up with a liquid net worth well above $500k then in hindsight I would say he comfortably could afford a $100k car on a $150k/year salary.

It also depends on what his expectations are for retirement age quality of life.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #20
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:

Cheers

Nice I'm better than you and can afford more so I badge my car rant! 650i is a great car, and you can do whatever you want to it... Doesn't mean people can't judge you for it.
And please, I know people who buy (ill reiterate, not lease) plenty of cars worth 5+ 650s and display much more class than your post shows. I want people to see my car for what it is because that is what I earned ... Quite frankly I don't care if they think they have done better.

I was just posting my thoughts on a car I saw for a few seconds. It didn't hurt my soul or make me sleep less at night. Just kinda made me laugh and I thought I would share.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post

Well the thing is you have to factor in what you're losing out on via investments by paying for a $100k car lease in perpetuity.

Say we're talking about a 40 year old man with a $150k/year salary spending 960/month leasing $100k cars for the rest of his life.

If he drove ~$40-50k cars instead for ~$460/month and saved $500/month, how much would that $500/month be worth by retirement age (let's say around age 70, in 30 years?)

500/month invested in the stock market with a 6.5% annual ROI yields around $500k by age 70.

What is $500k as a function of this hypothetical 40 year old man's expected liquid net worth by retirement age? I guess that's the key question to ask. If this guy is otherwise very frugal with his money and ends up with a liquid net worth well above $500k then in hindsight I would say he comfortably could afford a $100k car on a $150k/year salary.

It also depends on what his expectations are for retirement age quality of life.
We don't know what the guy makes so this is irrelevant!

Also, IM CONFUSED. Does this car belong to M6-4kix or whatever his name is?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #22
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post

6.5% annual ROI for 30 straight years is a complete pipe dream.
Appreciate 0