BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

07-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #45
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one88 View Post
Why is the e46 lightly modded just so so so sooooo much more fun to drive?!?!? It is so much more pure and raw of an enthusiast experience! When they are taken care of properly they ar more of a head turner than the e9x too. I know this is a forum of users obsessed with the buttons on the e9x and I love the e9x for it's motor and advanced technology. But for fun it just isn't close to a good e46 m3. Does anyone else feel this way? This goes for the e39 as well. However the new f10 m5 is pretty cool... M3 is just supposed to be the less luxurious fun car and the m5 is supposed to be the badassss executive saloon with cool technology but can beat anything out there. I'd like to see the line between the m3 and m5 less blured aka m3 lighter less buttons more of a pure everyday driver and racer. The m5 is good where it's at the m3 needs to distance itself from the m5.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #46
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
OK, it's confirmed... this kid is no older than 12. Let's just move on and let this thread die. I can't wait until I'm a self maid millionaire too. He must have cleaned a LOT of houses to have made a million bucks!
i should dust something im a maid man....stupid rappers
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #47
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep

Launch control
Guys, I have not yet to use launch control, although I tried 2-3 times so far. In the car manual (the big book) it gives me different directions that the "smaller book". One says push the shift stick forward and hold and the other says push break with left foot after putting the car on manual. Which one? I have tried to disae DSC then put the throttle response up to max and hold the shift stuck forward, nothing happened. Tried with M pushed and not pushed. My car isn't in the break-in period, I have 7k on it. Any feedback. Thanks

lol this guy is just asking to be maid/made fun of ahaha i love to see guys like this driving around i literally just start laughing directly at them...this guy pry leans his seat back and drives with one hand one 12 oclock and making payments on the monthly lol....if you cant write a check for the entire amount of any car much less and M car you shouldnt drive it period...m cars deserve respect they shouldnt be leased have some respect for yourself and the m3 geeze
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #48
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Huh? You don't come across like a well versed technical expert yourself... a little pot/kettle action going on here I think.

Bottom line is, debate aside, you are getting a little offside with your comments, don't you think?
yes i am but its all in good fun...you can tell right away who the actual enthusiasts are by what they say and what they drive and the mods and their opinions on everything i just like to point them out bcuz they are so entertaining
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #49
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

no
      07-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #50
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Ha I totally could of guessed you had a black m3 let me guess you finance or lease too? Haha wow
Quote:
Is it true the middle eastern men are comparable to Asian? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Guys. The OP just PMd me this message. Can't stop laughing. Here is his message copy/paste
gr8one8807/11/11 07:29 PM
Lol
Do u really think I care if some guy like you who lacks much significance downstairs as a male thinks his new car that he probably is making payments on is superior to an individual e46 in estoril?...lol timeless classic...get with it! black is the single worse color and why in the world do you think I am begging for anything from anyone lol. I am a self maid multi millionaire baby...I am just advertising how much better I am than guys like you in every measurable way known on earth. Have a wonderful day hodgie
Quote:
yes i am but its all in good fun...you can tell right away who the actual enthusiasts are by what they say and what they drive and the mods and their opinions on everything i just like to point them out bcuz they are so entertaining
Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
no
^Agreed. I don't think snide racist remarks and personal attacks are all "just in good fun". I also don't think that you're doing "true enthusiasts" credit with your comments.

A true enthusiast would be able to appreciate the fact that not everyone is truly enthusiastic about the same thing, but still understand that others have the right to be just as enthusiastic about something else. A true enthusiast would be more open minded.

Now a fanboy, that's different. There was actually this terrific article on fanboys, written by MotorTrend. I only wish I had it on hand.

Last edited by LateBraking; 07-12-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #51
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
^Agreed. I don't think snide racist remarks and personal attacks are all "just in good fun". I also don't think that you're doing "true enthusiasts" credit with your comments.

A true enthusiast would be able to appreciate the fact that not everyone is truly enthusiastic about the same thing, but still understand that others have the right to be just as enthusiastic about something else. A true enthusiast would be more open minded.

Now a fanboy, that's different. There was actually this terrific article on fanboys, written by MotorTrend. I only wish I had it on hand.
You can't let these open minded pansy democrats tell you how to think you gotta think for yourself and not accept anything and everything as right or ok lol
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:09 AM   #52
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yeah... I totally love slower and more outdated models of the M3. You must be a 'purist'. LOL.

I especially like the SMG on the E46... just a dream.

In all honesty, I loved my E36, loved my E46, and love the E92 WAY MORE. Thanks for the great post though.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #53
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
OP comes off a bit trollish.
Just a bit.

As a former E46 M3 owner (twice) there is just no comparison. My E90 was so much better to drive. Faster, better handling, better interior, more reliable (no stupid valve adjustments, no subframe issues).
      07-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #54
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Guys. The OP just PMd me this message. Can't stop laughing. Here is his message copy/paste
gr8one8807/11/11 07:29 PM
Lol
Do u really think I care if some guy like you who lacks much significance downstairs as a male thinks his new car that he probably is making payments on is superior to an individual e46 in estoril?...lol timeless classic...get with it! black is the single worse color and why in the world do you think I am begging for anything from anyone lol. I am a self maid multi millionaire baby...I am just advertising how much better I am than guys like you in every measurable way known on earth. Have a wonderful day hodgie
OK, so the OP is some kind of psycho posting from mommy's basement. It all makes sense now.
      07-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #55
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

I own the E46 and have driven the E9X to a point where I'm now waiting to take delivery of a E90 M3 in September.

Nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #56
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

I'm always let down when owners aren't as cool as their cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #57
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I'm always let down when owners aren't as cool as their cars.
thats funny shit

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #58
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
thats funny shit
your avatar pic is funny poop too
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #59
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

???

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #60
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
???
I think this kid is a little off his rocker. Half of what he says makes little sense and the other half is either completely inappropriate or just ignorant.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #61
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

yeah not sure just wanted some clarification doesnt look funny to me. just my girl reading some stephen hawking

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #62
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
I've owned both...don't feel that way at all. I actually sold my E46 a couple months after getting the E92 because I knew I wasnt ever gonna use it. I was always choosing the E92.
Of course anyone would chose an e9x as a DD to drive more it's more refined and less involving. It's like owning a Mercedes s550 and a lotus exige s 240....lol one is a toy that is more fun to drive and you reserve for special occasions and the other is more refined....that word keeps poping up lol refined I would be embarrassed if my car was that refined cuz isn't that the point to not be with an M car. I mean Spartan interior....pure driving feedback natural aspiration the list goes on. So again I say the e46 is more fun and more timeless than the e9x. Subjective yes but true hell yes
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #63
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Of course anyone would chose an e9x as a DD to drive more it's more refined and less involving. It's like owning a Mercedes s550 and a lotus exige s 240....lol one is a toy that is more fun to drive and you reserve for special occasions and the other is more refined....that word keeps poping up lol refined I would be embarrassed if my car was that refined cuz isn't that the point to not be with an M car. I mean Spartan interior....pure driving feedback natural aspiration the list goes on. So again I say the e46 is more fun and more timeless than the e9x. Subjective yes but true hell yes
Where did he say he thinks its better as a DD... he said he would ALWAYS choose the E9x... that means weekend fun, DD, whenever. I know you desperately want to convince everyone that your opinion is fact... but it isn't... it's just your opinion. I find it very funny how you discredit the opinion of people who have actually OWNED both... clearly your opinion is the right one.

By the way... text in bold... if it is, in fact, "subjective" as you say, then the "but true" comment is just your opinion. You seem to really need to convince others that what you like is what they should like... hell, in some of your color threads you were basically begging people to vote for your color . I agree that FOR YOU, the e46 is the better car. I don't know why you feel the need to convince everyone else that they should feel the same way unless you are really quite insecure about it.

Last edited by gthal; 07-15-2011 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #64
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

gr8one88, without claiming that you're a millionaire in monopoly and stuff now, not even mentioning M3, have you ever even driven an E9X?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #65
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

why is this thread still open?
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0