BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

08-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #23
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_maverick View Post
LOL, that happened with my old RX-7

Went from bone stock to full suspension/race interior/LS1 with upgraded twins and then single turbo in between. I think I could have bought a house for what I put into that car

"this is your wallet... this is your wallet on track"
and then his e92 track car turned into a 991 GT3
Attached Images

Last edited by pkimM3r; 08-20-2014 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #24
CalSE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by su_maverick View Post
LOL, that happened with my old RX-7

Went from bone stock to full suspension/race interior/LS1 with upgraded twins and then single turbo in between. I think I could have bought a house for what I put into that car

"this is your wallet... this is your wallet on track"
and then his e92 track car turned into a 991 GT3
I remember meeting up a couple of years ago and you started in a new bone stock 328i right? Now an E90M!:-) You addict!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #25
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSE View Post
I remember meeting up a couple of years ago and you started in a new bone stock 328i right? Now an E90M!:-) You addict!
LOL bone stock with all season tires FTW!

(well i did have black kidney grills and reflectors to help with that DOWNFORCE).

yes now track wheels, extra tires all around my home, box full of fluids, oils, pads.....hope my addiction doesn't get me to bankrupt status.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #26
su_maverick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M5 IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post

(well i did have black kidney grills and reflectors to help with that DOWNFORCE).

yes now track wheels, extra tires all around my home, box full of fluids, oils, pads.....hope my addiction doesn't get me to bankrupt status.
You know its bad when you start to find creative ways to hide your wheels/tires that dont fit into garage/storage such as covers that look like furniture. That and trying to your significant other that buying tools is an "investment".
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #27
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_maverick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post

You know its bad when you start to find creative ways to hide your wheels/tires that dont fit into garage/storage such as covers that look like furniture. That and trying to your significant other that buying tools is an "investment".
lol. i have some in my blacony at the moment covered in cardboard lol. have a set in my guest room closet as well

wife actually wants me to buy power tools now so i dont take as long / spend so much time in the garage

i live in a complex so when i do work on my car in the garage everyone thinks im some low class mechanic or sell tires or something. they prob think how does that guy afford to live here or that car doing that shit?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #28
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSE View Post
Lot's of great responses here from the track community.

Caution again though...tracking can be very addicting! A friend invited me a couple of years to a track with my new E92M DD. Since then it is no longer a DD (BBK, full aero, rear seat delete, half cage, rims/tires, Recaro seats with 6-point harness, suspension, etc.). Funny thing is before tracking all I wanted were painted front bumper side markers and spacers for the show car look. Hahaha!

Have a great time OP!
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0