BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

11-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #23
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yep , and I have the "Wolfgang Auto Bathe" as well and I'm very happy with the result .

=> http://www.autogeek.net/wg1000.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
P.S. Use Wolfgang wheel cleaner. It's magical.
I've heard great things about Wolfgang wheel cleaner and Sonax wheel cleaner - yet I have not tried either of them. At the moment I'm using TUGA Devil wheel cleaner (a bit more unheard of but I really think its amazing). I will do a comparison sometime with the two big shots (Wolfgang and Sonax) vs my personal favorite (TUGA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
Nice write up, Manda! Love those wheels.
Thanks for reading! And thank you I do too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
The S65 is a gem! Enjoy in good health! I miss mine every single day!
Will do! Long live the NA!!
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #24
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Steering Wheel Trim

I also installed an AutoTecknic steering wheel trim all by myself
It required being in very awkward positions but it was pretty easy. It would have been easier with a better screw driver or with one with one of those star shaped heads!
I like it a lot - I coated it before applying to make it a bit more scratch protective and am interested to see how it holds up. It was pretty cheap and definitely worth it compared to the time it would take to wrap it in fake cf vinyl (not my cup of tea). Weave is perfect as is fitment!
Btw it doesn't come with the little ///M emblem. I took mine off of of @Scrippy's wheels, but you can also just take it off of your old steering wheel trim gently with a tiny flathead (like the ones you use to tighten glasses screws)
Now I just need their matching center console carbon fiber piece

Appreciate 3
      11-17-2016, 10:37 PM   #25
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marza View Post
I also installed an AutoTecknic steering wheel trim all by myself
It required being in very awkward positions but it was pretty easy. It would have been easier with a better screw driver or with one with one of those star shaped heads!
I like it a lot - I coated it before applying to make it a bit more scratch protective and am interested to see how it holds up. It was pretty cheap and definitely worth it compared to the time it would take to wrap it in fake cf vinyl (not my cup of tea). Weave is perfect as is fitment!
Btw it doesn't come with the little ///M emblem. I took mine off of of @Scrippy's wheels, but you can also just take it off of your old steering wheel trim gently with a tiny flathead (like the ones you use to tighten glasses screws)
Now I just need their matching center console carbon fiber piece

Love me some Carbon Fiber! The center console piece would really finish the look but it's a bit pricey. You need sone extended shift paddles. 2nd best interior mod I've done (next to my AC Schnitzer pedals)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #26
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Do you like AMMO products compared to others?
      11-18-2016, 02:20 AM   #27
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

Welcome back.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #28
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Welcome back.
+1. Also nice to see that the maturity level of this forum seems a lot better than last time. Proud of y'all for not falling into macho sexist comments...
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #29
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
I've heard great things about Wolfgang wheel cleaner and Sonax wheel cleaner - yet I have not tried either of them. At the moment I'm using TUGA Devil wheel cleaner (a bit more unheard of but I really think its amazing). I will do a comparison sometime with the two big shots (Wolfgang and Sonax) vs my personal favorite (TUGA).

Thanks for reading! And thank you I do too

Will do! Long live the NA!!
I've tried sonax and it's all about some chemical substance changing color from blue to red supposedly in reaction to brake dust ( more of a marketing gimmick than anything ) making your head spin from the toxic chemical smell. Needless to say i was not impressed i throwed the bottle away without even finishing it. In my experience thorough wheel cleaning (if you have ZCP wheels especially) is all about the correct set of brushes, not about the cleaning liquid. You could be using something as simple as Chemical Brothers Diablo wheel concentrated soap and get better results. You are much better off spending your money on the correct brushes it will make the job much easier and more fun.

It takes 5 brushes to do a thorough wheel detailing :
- daytonna speed brush (barrel, spokes and rim )
- boar's hair wide brush (face of the wheel)
- wheel woolies brushes ( V spokes ends and U spoke ends)
- wooden handle detailing brush (bolts, holes)
- long handle softened bristle big brush ( tires)

Last edited by Rajmun340; 11-18-2016 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #30
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

[QUOTE=Manda Marza;20866623]I've heard great things about Wolfgang wheel cleaner and Sonax wheel cleaner - yet I have not tried either of them. At the moment I'm using TUGA Devil wheel cleaner (a bit more unheard of but I really think its amazing). I will do a comparison sometime with the two big shots (Wolfgang and Sonax) vs my personal favorite (TUGA).

Been using Sonax for quite some time. Tried a few others but Sonax continued to come out on top. Giving the rims a spray each time I wash the car, very seldom need for a brush on the barrels.
Btw noticed that BMW (at least here) are branding Sonax both rim cleaner and shampo, for what its worth.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

[QUOTE=Helmsman;20872193]
Quote:

Been using Sonax for quite some time. Tried a few others but Sonax continued to come out on top. Giving the rims a spray each time I wash the car, very seldom need for a brush on the barrels.
Btw noticed that BMW (at least here) are branding Sonax both rim cleaner and shampo, for what its worth.
Nik , you really should try the Wolfgang car shampoo => http://www.autogeek.net/wg1000.html

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      11-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #32
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;20872293]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post

Nik , you really should try the Wolfgang car shampoo => http://www.autogeek.net/wg1000.html
Yeah? Thanks for the tip Phil. Whats the upside vs regular stuff mate?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #33
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

Great advertising!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

[QUOTE=Helmsman;20872734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Yeah? Thanks for the tip Phil. Whats the upside vs regular stuff mate?
Well ...Actually I always washed my car with good stuff from Meguiar's and Sonax and thought they were good ...
But last year I was reading reviews from Wolfgang and so I ordered the "Wolfgang Auto Bathe" car shampoo.
And I can tell you that Wolfgang is a lot better , no waterspots and the shine is top !

Only downside is ...It takes more time to dry the car , because the Wolfgang shampoo contains oils to avoid swirls and waterspots ,and the oils in the shampoo nourish the paint ,and that you can see and feel after the wash .

To dry my car I use the Meguiar's watermagnet , so I can still dry my car in no time => http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...-drying-towel/
Once dry I take a soft microfiber cloth for about 15-20 min. and the end result is WOW .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      11-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #35
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Wait, I thought you didn't want to use the coatings anymore because you enjoyed detailing and waxing the car? (referring back to a conversation we had last year about Opticoat). Change your mind?

For what it's worth, Cquartz is the shit. My dad had it done to his panamera turbo. The two layers make my dad's black paint extremely lustrous.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #36
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Nice to see you are still enjoying the M3. That detailing supply shelf is absurd.

Great idea on the Ceramic Pro as well. Just got my wheels powdercoated so I may pick some up and apply this winter (brakes as well).

I started following you on IG. Follow me back if you don't mind (Rat3d_M)

BTW, Cermaic Pro is a professional only coating so you'll have to go get it applied by someone who's certified. To save money, I would imagine it would be pretty cheap if you removed the wheels yourself (if you have another big car), and delivered them to a CP installer after you've already COMPLETELY cleaned / clayed the wheels. Bc all they would have to do is apply and that takes such small amount of time. You would pay for an hour of labor plus product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Do you like AMMO products compared to others?

I LOVE Ammo products, really I do. Hydrate and Skin are two of the best products I've used. I have actually never seen Skin wear off (longest test was on our black truck) even after 5 months (I did upkeep it with Hydrate on that truck). There were no signs of it wearing off and I would not be surprised if it lasted well over the 6 months of advertised time if kept up with Hydrate.
But I also expect nothing less from Ammo since it does cost $70 for Skin. DO I think it's worth it for the price? I do.. I like the warm finish it leaves (it kind of mutes metallic flake I think - but that's very subjective). One negative is that it is SO hard to clean it all out of your foam applicator.
Is it best bang for your buck? No its not but if you dont mind spending the extra money its a good buy.
Also, the leather conditioner is not the best performer (that would have to go to Griots Garage Leather Care) but it is BY FAR the best and most accurate leather scent. I often apply it just to keep my interior smelling like soft natural leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Welcome back.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
+1. Also nice to see that the maturity level of this forum seems a lot better than last time. Proud of y'all for not falling into macho sexist comments...
Absolutely. Completely different this time around! But then again I'm also being a little more wise with the type of pics I post
Really though I can see myself really keeping up with this journal this time!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #37
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddalun View Post
Great advertising!
Haha very true, but I avoid advertising stuff that I don't actually like / use myself.

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;20872293]
Quote:

Quote:

Are you using a pressure washer when you say you don't need a brush often for the barrels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
I've tried sonax and it's all about some chemical substance changing color from blue to red supposedly in reaction to brake dust ( more of a marketing gimmick than anything ) making your head spin from the toxic chemical smell. Needless to say i was not impressed i throwed the bottle away without even finishing it. In my experience thorough wheel cleaning (if you have ZCP wheels especially) is all about the correct set of brushes, not about the cleaning liquid. You could be using something as simple as Chemical Brothers Diablo wheel concentrated soap and get better results. You are much better off spending your money on the correct brushes it will make the job much easier and more fun.

It takes 5 brushes to do a thorough wheel detailing :
- daytonna speed brush (barrel, spokes and rim )
- boar's hair wide brush (face of the wheel)
- wheel woolies brushes ( V spokes ends and U spoke ends)
- wooden handle detailing brush (bolts, holes)
- long handle softened bristle big brush ( tires)
Your brush game is STRONG! That Daytona speed brush, will that fit / work with a big brake kit? How stiff are the bristles? I'm concerned with removing the brush from past the rotors and having it splash back a bunch of gross brake dust water back at me. Ever had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #38
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Love me some Carbon Fiber! The center console piece would really finish the look but it's a bit pricey. You need sone extended shift paddles. 2nd best interior mod I've done (next to my AC Schnitzer pedals)
I'm looking at some extended paddles right now, and pedals were that important? Mine do look really cheap. Even compared to my Tiguan...
I know it is pricey for the center console, but it makes the car feel a bit more exotic. I also wish I had some alcantara, like an alcantara steering wheel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Wait, I thought you didn't want to use the coatings anymore because you enjoyed detailing and waxing the car? (referring back to a conversation we had last year about Opticoat). Change your mind?

For what it's worth, Cquartz is the shit. My dad had it done to his panamera turbo. The two layers make my dad's black paint extremely lustrous.
So back when I applied Opti Coat 2.0, I really didn't know what I was doing. I did not get all the swirls out, and I felt like 2.0 was not that scratch resistant. Also, 2.0 would not hold any topper at all (at least the new ones don't need it but its still an option). And I also completely removed the 2.0 with CG White Light which was VERY stupid (Black Light and White Light are the worst products ever, I can't believe I accidentally removed a great performer - besides scratch resistance - for White Light, still kick myself for doing that and blaming Opti Coat for sucking so bad).
Now with Cquatz, I was able to get full correction, Essence gave way better gloss than Opti Coat 2.0 did, and Cquartz (TiO2 version) does seem to be more scratch resistant than 2.0. It also appears to be holding toppers. I also STRONGLY oppose the idea that it is bad to top a coating. I put Adams Americana wax on a panel by itself, then topped a panel coated with Opti Gloss with the same wax, and got WAY better water sheeting performance from the panel that had a coating as a base hours after application on both panels. Whereas everyone always says you will only get the performance of the top layer which is worse than the coating. Not sure how it works but that was my confirmed observation.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #39
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

[
Are you using a pressure washer when you say you don't need a brush often for the barrels?

[/QUOTE]

Yep, always. Works good I think and don't have a choice. Living down town Sthlm I need to visit one of the these days few do it yourself places (people doesn't clean their cars anylonger!)

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2016, 09:28 PM   #40
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Shouldn't this be in the photo section?
      11-21-2016, 05:26 AM   #41
tenman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Optimum Gloss Coat >> Opticoat 2.0
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #42
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenman View Post
Optimum Gloss Coat >> Opticoat 2.0
Agreed! We have Opti Gloss coat on the 911. Although I do think Cquartz is just a tad bit more scratch resistant. But Gloss Coat has slightly better self cleaning effects. I can't tell the difference between gloss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
Shouldn't this be in the photo section?
Well since there is a lot of discussion about different things (detailing / mods / the car itself) and not just pics, I figured General Section was more suiting..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #43
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

2016 LA Auto Show

We went to the LA Auto Show on Saturday!
Two realistic cars that stood out to me were the M2 and C63 coupe
Pics edited in Lightroom Mobile

Not sure if I like the looks of the M2 or the E92 M3 more... One thing I do absolutely HATE are the seats in the M2. They're embarrassing..

I think I would choose this over an M4 personally...
But, everyone has been saying the C class Mercedes is way better than the 3 series interior, and I just have to disagree. I am not a fan of how wide and uninteresting the center console looks, and the AMG sport seats were WAY less comfortable than the seats in the M4. The interior also seemed to be holding up very poorly compared to the M4 they had on display. Unlike most people, I think exterior goes to C63 and interior goes to M4.
Appreciate 1
redpriest2145.50
      11-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #44
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Agency Power Exhaust

In my old journal I also mentioned getting an Agency Power exhaust found here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306933

But to keep things all consolidated I want to post more pics here! Also, after 1,500 miles driving after installing the exhaust I still love it and do not find it too loud. Although I am unsure if I want to take it to the next level by removing the cats. I do not want to remove the resonators though, and if I want to get the Agency Power cat delete / resonator delete combo, I would be wasting half of the purchase! Anyone know if you can buy just half? Do cat deletes need to match up to the same company's mid pipes? Bc I can confirm fitment is better with the Agency Power muffler to their S pipes than the muffler to the stock S pipes.
Also, I have heard deleting the cats make it sound really good as opposed to the resonators which actually remove all the harsh bad sounds. But would cat delete make the car drone?

Some more impressions:
Going higher up on the bars (as in going from D3-D5) the sound the exhaust makes is more of a pop in between shifts. Not that it crackles a whole bunch, it just sounds like a crisp bolt locking into place with a lot of force if that makes sense. Its definitely a good sound, not sure if it was there before and the new exhaust just made it sound louder or if its an entirely new sound.

Also, the tips are darker than I thought it would be. In the pics I normally choose that circle effect tool and go around each exhaust tip and bring up the brightness, so the pics make them look a little brighter than they do in person. I kind of wish the blue would stand out A LOT, but at the same time maybe this way I won't get tired of it. I do love the burnt tips though and cannot even imagine getting their regular stainless steel version. The titanium ones look so much better in my opinion.

And now time for pics!

Appreciate 0