BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

01-08-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Tool32 : "ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_S EQUE NCE_ERROR"

I tried to register my new battery with Tool32.
I have the b***geek Pro INPA cable. I replaced with a new battery. I get the following error when trying to run the job "steuern_batterietausch_registrieren"

JOB_STATUS = ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SEQUEN CE_ERROR

Name:  steuern_batterietausch_registrieren.JPG
Views: 2511
Size:  177.2 KB

The cable connection seems fine as I was always able to run INPA and read codes in the past. I have not started the engine since i installed the new battery.

To check my Tool32 connection I ran job "ident_ibs", which is reading the serial number of the ibs and that ran ok :

Name:  ident_ibs.JPG
Views: 1846
Size:  203.4 KB

But then, i tried to run job : 'status_ibs' which from its description is reading the status of the IBS and i got the same error :

Name:  status_ibs.JPG
Views: 1675
Size:  198.9 KB

For all the above i selected MSS60.PRG in Tool32 and 'run job once'.

Although INPA is not required to register the battery i tried to view battery parameters in INPA by selecting MSS60 (M3) ECU and the STATUS (F5) menu,
but then i could not find any "IBS Status managment (F5)" menu to display battery parameters PM1 and PM2 like this user is doing on a E90 but he is selecting the MSD80 ECU.
Video link should start at the point where he is doing exactly that in INPA.

I double checked the battery cables. I don't think i missed anything.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 01-09-2019 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

okay, I got it to work.
I first suspected my new batt had been stored for too long, so i gave it a boost from my other vehicle alternator. But that's not it. I tried again the same way and still no luck, same error. Then instead of inserting the FOB in the slot i kept it on the seat and it worked. It shouldn't matter but apparently it did. My battery is registered now.

I am still getting the "increased emission" warning i had before replacing the batt. That error is associated with a low battery, i hope it will clear on my 2nd drive. Hope this will help someone since nobody replied. cheers.

Name:  steuern batterie tausch registrieren JOB STATUS OKAY.JPG
Views: 1609
Size:  175.8 KB
Appreciate 0