BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #23
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=203020548
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 11:09 AM   #24
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

This one checks all your boxes, 2nd color choice (Jet Black). I don't follow E92 pricing, but it seems pretty high to me?
http://cpo.bmwusa.com/used/2013-BMW-...3012?zip=98028

This one also checks all the boxes, though the color is unknown (BMW Individual), would have to call the dealer and have them check the sticker under the hood. Maybe it's Ruby Black!
http://cpo.bmwusa.com/used/2012-BMW-...8121?zip=98028
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #25
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
This one checks all your boxes, 2nd color choice (Jet Black). I don't follow E92 pricing, but it seems pretty high to me?

This one also checks all the boxes, though the color is unknown (BMW Individual), would have to call the dealer and have them check the sticker under the hood. Maybe it's Ruby Black!
The first one is insanely high priced. I’m currently shopping a car with half the miles and $8k less. Dealers are so out of sight on their cars. They need help paying for their customer lounges, I guess.

The second car is one of the 2012 Fire Orange coupes I mentioned to Lawrence. Maybe he’d be interested in that one. Myself, unless it costs at least $90k and has a little plaque saying how special it is, I don’t want it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #26
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
The first one is insanely high priced. I’m currently shopping a car with half the miles and $8k less. Dealers are so out of sight on their cars. They need help paying for their customer lounges, I guess.

The second car is one of the 2012 Fire Orange coupes I mentioned to Lawrence. Maybe he’d be interested in that one. Myself, unless it costs at least $90k and has a little plaque saying how special it is, I don’t want it.
That is the dealer asking price, not what you may actually pay. You are probably not going to find the exact car you want and get it wholesale too! lol What was wrong with the white one that I posted?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #27
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
That is the dealer asking price, not what you may actually pay. You are probably not going to find the exact car you want and get it wholesale too! lol What was wrong with the white one that I posted?
The car was fine. Alpine Weiss is at the bottom of my list. If I was going to get a white car it would be Mineral, and I’m not too interested in that either.
Appreciate 1
UPSROD941.00
      04-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #28
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CALERTSEMLSRCH
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #29
bkfastwagon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post

2013 Black on black with ZCP 26K miles for $45K isn't so outrageous IMO. I'm sure you can bring it down to low 40K if they think you are serious.

I would also check CarMax. Time to time they have some really nice examples, and they can deliver to wherever you are.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #30
hjavaid
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Alpine White ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
2013 Black on black with ZCP 26K miles for $45K isn't so outrageous IMO. I'm sure you can bring it down to low 40K if they think you are serious.

I would also check CarMax. Time to time they have some really nice examples, and they can deliver to wherever you are.
I paid 39k for my 2013 White w/ Black interior ZCP at 24k miles in 2016. Fields in Daytona, FL
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #31
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjavaid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post

I paid 39k for my 2013 White w/ Black interior ZCP at 24k miles in 2016. Fields in Daytona, FL
You paid way under market in 2016. That's the price today for that car.
Appreciate 1
UPSROD941.00
      09-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #32
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Still, a year later, I search for the perfect car. I keep finding the wrong ones. Over the past 6 months every car that meets my requirements on options and color shows up with a hideous two tone interior. Or the options are perfect, wonderful interior, and the car will have a sunroof.

The worst part is that three months ago I found three cars that met my requirements, and by then I had committed to a business deal that required my outstanding cash. I found a 2011 ZCP with a 6 speed and 19,166 miles at Dallas Lease returns for $35,800. Then I caught a 2011 Comp DCT with 20,916 miles for $36,995 at Land Rover of Denver. Finally, Hiley Acura of Fort Worth came up with a 2011 Comp DCT at 31,325 miles for $32,896.

For a month I was watching those three, hoping that things would break for me and I could go snap one of them up. They all went. I figured "where there's three there'll be more".

I actually found a car that was among the rarest of the rare - the Ruby Black I mentioned in my first post here. I put it on hold because of something else that I saw...

What really hit me was the 2012 ZCP/DCT that showed up in my state in July. One of the big BMW dealers caught a trade off a very naive customer that gave them a very low mile - think 14K - car, complete with Active Autowerke Level 3 SC, full Stoptech big brake kit, and KW v3 coilovers. The car checked every box, and they only wanted $39.9k for it. It had $26,000 in mods before the labor, and they only wanted $39,9k.

I had talked with the sales girl and tried to work out a deal. We spoke on a Friday, she told me they couldn't sell the vehicle due to the airbag recall, and we were supposed to talk when she got back in the office on Monday. I figured, damn the deal, I need to close on this car!

I didn't hear from her, and when I called on Tuesday she said one of the people at the dealership snapped up the car.

I've been running BOOF into the weeds helping me shop for cars. I'm about numb to all of it now, and its very hard for me to get interested in anything after that SC car.

Just venting, guys. I'm pretty sure this stuff will eventually work out and I'll be in an E92 ZCP. Damn, its frustrating.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50
      09-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #33
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Yea someone sell him a fairly low mileage unicorn so that we can all get some rest.
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11421.00
Bruuuce341.50
      09-17-2018, 02:34 PM   #34
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Thanks muchly for the link to hidden rides, but why did you post the four links above?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #35
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Post View Post
I lifted those four links from the "Hidden Rides" search results and then posted them merely as candidates that seemed quite close to your original post search criteria (want list).
Unfortunately not. The first two links were the same car on two different forums, and they pointed to a frozen white car. Thats on my "no" list, where I said "No red, no frozen colors, no wood trim".
Third one was a nice spec, except it was a Fox Red interior - no red. And the miles were double my limit of 30k.
The fourth one was Fire Orange - which isn't even on my list as good or bad, because I never thought one would be available at a reasonable price. However, that car is in Canada, and I'm not going to go through that.

I appreciate the help. I think I'm going to take a month away from this stuff - again - and try when the weather cools off and people are trying to get out of these cars before the snow hits.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 07:58 AM   #36
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

An alert popped up in my Notifications this morning: this thread hit 3000 views. For some reason a lot of people are interested in it. As some know, I found my "unicorn" in October of 2018, not too many months after I started this thread, but quite some time after beginning my search. Looking back on some of the contributors' posts, I've decided to update it to provide perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
thinking its hard to fine a 5-10 year old car with exact options you want. especially for a limited production car.
Thinking I would give up on some of the options, or travel farther. Looking for a very small needle.
JMHO.
Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
I searched for over a year three years ago, many more to choose from then...what you are looking for is not that rare. I would make no concessions. And I didn't then either! It had to be EXACTLY what I wanted to bust loose with the cash.
Bruce was right. Even though two of my color choices - Space Grey and Jet Black - were in the top three most common E92 M3 colors, they turned out to be hard to find at the time. And when I did find one of my colors, a compromise usually confronted me. Interior color, sunroof, lack of Individual Audio, etc. Knowing that my OCD brain would always notice those compromises, I dug in and kept searching. As it turned out, Rod's advice was correct and I found EXACTLY what I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Do you plan on doing suspension mods and wheels? Or keeping it all stock?
Quote:
I wouldn't buy a ZCP to change the wheels and suspension - thats what base M3's are for. The car I buy may eventually get a tune, intake, exhaust. I think thats about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAcK TRaP View Post
Thats what I said before I purchased my N54 335i 5 years ago only tune and intake YEAH RIGHT! I end up spending over 13G in couple years. I hate being a forum member
Quote:
Once I found there were no headers available, I decided its not really worth putting the money into all the mods. The interiors are great, ZCP suspension is great, the brakes stop the car, the wheels are exactly right for the car (totally rare for BMW, and they haven't done that since the M-Parallel on the E38).
It needs a muffler and a tune for the motor and the DCT. I might even forget about the intake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAcK TRaP View Post
Make sure you told us about the mods that you have 2 years after the ownership
Three years and a month after Trap posted that, and about 2.5 years into my ownership of the M3, here's my report:

I've done zero physical mods, and only one logical: Alex provided the Alpine Stage I tune, Euro/GTS DCT tune, and Euro MDM coding. To be fair to Trap, there's more to that story. Take a look at my sig and you'll see that a few cosmetic and performance mods are listed, about $8k worth. The original owner did that. It has Dinan springs on it, and though I wouldn't have touched the ZCP suspension I'm just fine with the Dinan. The carbon fiber goodies really look amazing, so I'm fine with that. The Remus Race exhaust checks the box I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

I bought an extra factory x-pipe to do a primary cat delete, but since Rogue quit making resonated track pipes, no progress there. I'd like to add an intake for more motor sound but its not too important.

I purchased the car with just over 19k miles, it currently has just under 24k. Its still wearing the tires that were on it when I took delivery, and the fronts are the original set from the factory. I had the brakes replaced shortly after delivery by the local dealer. I'm just about to do a bunch of maintenance, including new PS4S tires & alignment, tension rods, motor mounts, spark plugs, fuel breather valve, cabin filters.

Something weird is happening with the forum software, I'm not able to post pics inline anymore. So I figured out I can still use the uploader to put a pic at the end of this post.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter

Last edited by Freiheit; 11-02-2021 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 08:49 AM   #37
darkbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow m3

Quote:
An alert popped up in my Notifications this morning: this thread hit 3000 views. For some reason a lot of people are interested in it. As some know, I found my "unicorn" in October of 2018, not too many months after I started this thread, but quite some time after beginning my search. Looking back on some of the contributors' posts, I've decided to update it to provide perspective.

Bruce was right. Even though two of my color choices - Space Grey and Jet Black - were in the top three most common E92 M3 colors, they turned out to be hard to find at the time. And when I did find one of my colors, a compromise usually confronted me. Interior color, sunroof, lack of Individual Audio, etc. Knowing that my OCD brain would always notice those compromises, I dug in and kept searching. As it turned out, Rod's advice was correct and I found EXACTLY what I wanted.

I posted that in another thread but its still my favorite pic of my car.

Three years and a month after Trap posted that, and about 2.5 years into my ownership of the M3, here's my report:

I've done zero physical mods, and only one logical: Andy provided the Alpine Stage I tune, Euro/GTS DCT tune, and Euro MDM coding. To be fair to Trap, there's more to that story. Take a look at my sig and you'll see that a few cosmetic and performance mods are listed, about $8k worth. The original owner did that. It has Dinan springs on it, and though I wouldn't have touched the ZCP suspension I'm just fine with the Dinan. The carbon fiber goodies really look amazing, so I'm fine with that. The Remus Race exhaust checks the box I mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

I bought an extra factory x-pipe to do a primary cat delete, but since Rogue quit making resonated track pipes, no progress there. I'd like to add an intake for more motor sound but its not too important.

I purchased the car with just over 19k miles, it currently has just under 24k. Its still wearing the tires that were on it when I took delivery, and the fronts are the original set from the factory. I had the brakes replaced shortly after delivery by the local dealer. I'm just about to do a bunch of maintenance, including new PS4S tires & alignment, tension rods, motor mounts, spark plugs, fuel breather valve, cabin filters.
I wish I could do that, in some way. But headers, the supercharger, just take this car to the next level. My car indv car sits in the garage most of its life.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #38
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbmw View Post
I wish I could do that, in some way. But headers, the supercharger, just take this car to the next level. My car indv car sits in the garage most of its life.
I'm sure I'd enjoy that, but I'm fine with this car as it sits.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0